Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Makes no sense to risk his reputation at Spurs or arsenal 

his standing will get away with us dropping out of top 4 again because of the fa cup win (reasonable)

he is in line for the Man City, chelsea or yanited jobs at some point

go to Spurs/arsenal and be screwed over by the owners and he won’t get that chance because he won’t be trusted

BUT remember that brendan loves himself (he has supreme confidence in his techniques) and simply couldn’t accept that he wouldn’t succeed wherever he went 

You could imagine levy saying to kane - ‘if I get Rodgers in here will you give us another year’? 

Why? When was the last time a successful prem manager moved to one of these clubs? They all hire from abroad. 

I think Daniel Levy thinks by getting Brendan he will also get a lot of our backroom staff, plus afew of scouts and knowledge on how Leicester City ticked the last several years. While if he hired a coach from abroad he probably won't bring slot if his own team. Spurs recruitment his been so poor that they have bought crap, with Brendan he can get guys like Ricardo and Tielemans, Barnes etc to come to Spurs.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Spurs face the real prospect of Son wanting out too.  I don’t see Brendan taking that job with all the uncertainty over their top players.  Kane won’t stay irrespective, he knows the team and squad is far too weak to match his ambitions.

I agree with other posters that the only jobs more appealing than us right now are Liverpool, Utd. City, Chelsea.  Also if Ekk took over at Arsenal that would be a low risk, high potential project but thankfully no way Stan is selling.

Brendan knows how quickly reputation can be dismantled.  I honestly think he enjoys it here, safe in the knowledge that most decent LCFC will not turn in to monsters if we end up 6-9th next season.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

On the flipside Rodgers has high stock at present, if tielemens is stalling on signing, transfer budget not great, maddison stalling and wants away, stuck with perez, others players may want away the job doesn't seem as appealing when spurs offering wage increase and £200m transfer budget and let's face it, spurs stock can't really get any lower can it?

If Tielemans and Maddison are sold well have a £200 million transfer fund ourselves. 

I would very much doubt if Spurs have much money at all after the expense of the stadium. I'm sure Rodgers would be less than pleased if they sold Kane to provide him with some. The only job that would be well worth considering for Spanish speaking Rodgers is a chance at Barcelona.

Edited by An Sionnach

On 20/05/2021 at 03:36, filbertway said:

Wanting us to attack before the 60th minute is my idea of a footballing utopia.

Or NOT go into our shell and defend with a negative substitution or tactical change to invite pressure from 70th minute even though we may have been dominating prior to that point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If Tielemans and Maddison are sold well have a £200 million transfer fund ourselves. 

I like your optimism but I don’t think we’re getting £200m for madders and youri. If Youri refuses to sign a new contract which at present is hanging in the air I think clubs like Liverpool will be looking at getting him fo £65m-£80m, madders would go for less but we have him on a longer contract so we have more say in what he does

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I like your optimism but I don’t think we’re getting £200m for madders and youri. If Youri refuses to sign a new contract which at present is hanging in the air I think clubs like Liverpool will be looking at getting him fo £65m-£80m, madders would go for less but we have him on a longer contract so we have more say in what he does

1 or 2 others, plus the money set aside for transfers anyway. Won't be far off. 

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

1 or 2 others, plus the money set aside for transfers anyway. Won't be far off. 

I don’t want it to happen but can just see the speech ‘I’ve taken Leicester as far as I can with the FA cup win, Leicester is a great club but I can’t turn down a massive job like Spurs, I want a fresh challenge blah blah blah’ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I don’t want it to happen but can just see the speech ‘I’ve taken Leicester as far as I can with the FA cup win, Leicester is a great club but I can’t turn down a massive job like Spurs, I want a fresh challenge blah blah blah’ 

I don't think you have to worry about Tottenham. Chelsea, Man City or a mega club abroad yes, but not spurs. 

On the flipside Rodgers has high stock at present, if tielemens is stalling on signing, transfer budget not great, maddison stalling and wants away, stuck with perez, others players may want away the job doesn't seem as appealing when spurs offering wage increase and £200m transfer budget and let's face it, spurs stock can't really get any lower can it?

Posted earlier similarly. Where does he think he personally goes with us now? He has delivered a FA cup. His ego might see Spurs as a low risk challenge bearing in mind how poor their recent record is and a chance to boost his own standing again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Why would he leave us after winning an FA Cup and challenging the top four for two consecutive seasons to join a team that’s asset stripping and preparing for Arsenal-like mediocrity. 

you lot don’t have confuse me

Ironic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

In that case let him go then.

34 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Unbelievable twaddle on here. We have enough hogwash from the media linking Brendan with vacancies not only up and down the land but abroad as well.

What makes anyone think he is leaving us? I appreciate that one fine sunny day that will happen but why spend all this time on pure fiction?

You’re spending time on the people spending time on fiction. That would suggest an emotional investment on your part, which probably also explains the posts your complaining about.

It’s because we care, man. People feel the need to post about it because they don’t want it to happen, it’s completely normal. FT would be a dull  place without supposition and theorising. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

his standing will get away with us dropping out of top 4 again because of the fa cup win (reasonable)

go to Spurs/arsenal and be screwed over by the owners and he won’t get that chance because he won’t be trusted

BUT remember that brendan loves himself (he has supreme confidence in his techniques) and simply couldn’t accept that he wouldn’t succeed wherever he went 

You could imagine levy saying to kane - ‘if I get Rodgers in here will you give us another year’? 

What do you imagine him saying when Harry stops laughing?

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think it is a massive risk, if he takes them top 6 and gets the push, everyone will say it was a huge task at Spurs, but if he gets them top 4 again and wins a cup they’ll say what an incredible job he’s done.

£195m for Tielemans, £5m for Maddison? Doesn't seem so unreasonable.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

You’re spending time on the people spending time on fiction. That would suggest an emotional investment on your part, which probably also explains the posts your complaining about.

It’s because we care, man. People feel the need to post about it because they don’t want it to happen, it’s completely normal. FT would be a dull  place without supposition and theorising. 

Whatever is posted on here will not change one iota the REAL situation. "Supposition and theorising" really sums it up.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Whatever is posted on here will not change one iota the REAL situation. "Supposition and theorising" really sums it up.

It won’t - but take all the chat away that isn’t based on pure facts and what would we be left with? It’s a discussion forum, it’s what they’re for.