Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Only four of them need to have a good season.

Defeatist? Kindly **** off, it’s called being realistic and using 30 years of history to realise what you lot seem to now think is a walk in the park is very difficult and the fact money talks at the end of the day.

I'm saying the exact opposite of it being a walk in the park. It's difficult, which is why money doesn't guarantee success. 

It is defeatist. Recent history, the last two years (consecutive I might add), shows what's possible. Imagine if we avoided an injury crisis.

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Vardy was offered a 3 year deal on £120k p/W at arsenal, we offered 4 years at £100k p/W, not nearly the same. If they were going to offer him £200k p/W, then we’d have seen just how loyal he is

I’m never going to debate made-up figures.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The point was, one seasons worth of champions league isn't going to change a players mind if they are the sort who wants to join a giant. Tielemans signed a 4 year deal rather than a 5 as someone costing that much usually would, because he wouldn't want to basically tie himself in for 3 years (when you hit two years left clubs face more of a decision). 

You know there aren't many players who would turn down a move. Spurs lost players, Arsenal lose players, Kane wants to leave a "Big Six" team to go to another one. The reality is, players know they'll get vastly more money and a more consistent chance of winning something at those bigger clubs. There is no escaping it, and it's part of the club identity now to buy young talent, sell high and reinvest. 

You realise I’m not trying to win an argument here, right Babs? That’s what the smilie thing was for. 😉

11 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

We'd just qualified for the FA Cup Final, it's a young team, perhaps prone to getting overly excited? Personally I thought it was good man management, but I'm guessing of course.

It isn’t. Must have confused the hell out of the players and I have no idea what he was thinking. It shouldn’t have mattered that we didn’t succeed the way he wanted us to.

**disclaimer - I like BR and don’t want him sacked, I just don’t believe he is beyond criticism because we won the FA Cup. 

We were always going to suffer for a lack of squad depth, it's a natural consequence of the relative lack of resources. Top players aren't going to sit on our bench.

Even though our injury issues have eased we're still missing Evans, Barnes and Justin. Been non-stop this year, unfortunately.

I think it’s a tough transfer window for BR. Doubly so, due to, (most likely), having blown CL and the money it brings in as well as the allure. Whilst our squad is a long way advanced from Spurs, it is not without considerable problems. And significant ones. RIcky is a shadow of his former self. Will he ever get back? If not, no way can he be a starter next season, if he continues as he is. Will Justin follow the same route? If so, our full-back positions have been decimated. How will Barnes recovery play out? How long before he is back to his best self? Will Evans’ heel injury clear? Age isn’t on his side for clearing nagging injuries like that. Vardy’s decline has been rapid and heart-breaking, in equal measure. That’s a potentially significant set of holes that could easily cover the autumn period and maybe beyond. All that before looking at the gaps in the squad we know about. Would moving to a car-crash Spurs appeal more than staying at a City he feels be may have taken as far as he can? Hopefully not, but it may be a closer call than we’d like to think. 

6 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I think it’s a tough transfer window for BR. Doubly so, due to, (most likely), having blown CL and the money it brings in as well as the allure. Whilst our squad is a long way advanced from Spurs, it is not without considerable problems. And significant ones. RIcky is a shadow of his former self. Will he ever get back? If not, no way can he be a starter next season, if he continues as he is. Will Justin follow the same route? If so, our full-back positions have been decimated. How will Barnes recovery play out? How long before he is back to his best self? Will Evans’ heel injury clear? Age isn’t on his side for clearing nagging injuries like that. Vardy’s decline has been rapid and heart-breaking, in equal measure. That’s a potentially significant set of holes that could easily cover the autumn period and maybe beyond. All that before looking at the gaps in the squad we know about. Would moving to a car-crash Spurs appeal more than staying at a City he feels be may have taken as far as he can? Hopefully not, but it may be a closer call than we’d like to think. 

Blimey, I thought I was reading an article written by Nostradamus. I am now thoroughly depressed at thought of all this.   I am off to buy a length of rope from the local DIY. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

You would make eeyore sound happy!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I'm saying the exact opposite of it being a walk in the park. It's difficult, which is why money doesn't guarantee success. 

It is defeatist. Recent history, the last two years (consecutive I might add), shows what's possible. Imagine if we avoided an injury crisis.

The two years we’ve failed to get top 4 over teams with shit loads of money you mean? lol

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Blimey, I thought I was reading an article written by Nostradamus. I am now thoroughly depressed at thought of all this.   I am off to buy a length of rope from the local DIY. 

Welcome to my world ...... and you are welcome to it !! 😞

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Welcome to my world ...... and you are welcome to it !! 😞

You need to move out of Nottingham......:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

Find out in next season's episode of 'Soap.'

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

IF - and it’s a huge if, we managed to scrape CL at Chelsea’s expense and they also lose the CL final, I can see Roman giving Tuchel the bullet and coming in for BR. 

Absolutely zero chance.

As long as we remain around the top six Rodgers has a job for the foreseeable future. Lose three or four in a row with Chelsea,Arsenal, Tottenham  and you are looking at the sack. Over ambitious managers usually end up as pundits on Sky Sports. There is still plenty more he can do at this club . He inherited most of this team but he has the chance to turn this team into one of his own creation and that is an attractive proposition.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

As long as we remain around the top six Rodgers has a job for the foreseeable future. Lose three or four in a row with Chelsea,Arsenal, Tottenham  and you are looking at the sack. Over ambitious managers usually end up as pundits on Sky Sports. There is still plenty more he can do at this club . He inherited most of this team but he has the chance to turn this team into one of his own creation and that is an attractive proposition.

Pardon?!!

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

On the flipside Rodgers has high stock at present, if tielemens is stalling on signing, transfer budget not great, maddison stalling and wants away, stuck with perez, others players may want away the job doesn't seem as appealing when spurs offering wage increase and £200m transfer budget and let's face it, spurs stock can't really get any lower can it?

• Like 1

Makes no sense to risk his reputation at Spurs or arsenal 

his standing will get away with us dropping out of top 4 again because of the fa cup win (reasonable)

he is in line for the Man City, chelsea or yanited jobs at some point

go to Spurs/arsenal and be screwed over by the owners and he won’t get that chance because he won’t be trusted

BUT remember that brendan loves himself (he has supreme confidence in his techniques) and simply couldn’t accept that he wouldn’t succeed wherever he went 

You could imagine levy saying to kane - ‘if I get Rodgers in here will you give us another year’?