Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He would do a good job here with the quality we have. Providing we kept our best assets, Potter would do a fantastic job imo.

Our best assets include our manager. Possibly the single greatest asset. What’s Potter going to do? Carry the cones? You do talk some twaddle. Passionate for sure, but twaddle nonetheless.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I never understand why this thread lights up whenever we don’t win. The mans a genius. End of. 

A loss = good excuse to complain about whoever at the club you don't like apparently

Easy to see that some people wait for it to happen because the threads go quiet when we are winning

• Like 1

We have a nucleus of a very good side,  if we can keep our best players and get 3 or 4 quality additions in , then I think we have a cracking chance of achieving top 4 next season.

It took Klopp quite a few windows to get it right and just like us we're slowly building a strong squad, it really is exciting times especially with the calibre of players we are linked with.

• Like 2

Winning the FA cup was great, probably a once in a lifetime event for a Leicester fan. Not sure it’ll keep Youri at Leicester though, not sure it’ll attract any transfer targets in the way UCL will either.

We’ve been in the top four for what, 70 games over two season? (I know that’s approximately and some nerd will probably give an exact %, thanks if you do 🙂) to not have UCL once with that rough A* statistic is a massive kick in the plums(if indeed we miss out). Yes it’s our second best season and as I said, great to win that trophy finally. It’s still sour though. It’s bugging, even more so because in reality it hit the fan with Wet Spam and the party gate.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Winning the FA cup was great, probably a once in a lifetime event for a Leicester fan. Not sure it’ll keep Youri at Leicester though, not sure it’ll attract any transfer targets in the way UCL will either.

We’ve been in the top four for what, 70 games over two season? (I know that’s approximately and some nerd will probably give an exact %, thanks if you do 🙂) to not have UCL once with that rough A* statistic is a massive kick in the plums(if indeed we miss out). Yes it’s our second best season and as I said, great to win that trophy finally. It’s still sour though. It’s bugging, even more so because in reality it hit the fan with Wet Spam and the party gate.

If a bigger club comes in for him, he'll probably go anyway. As has been said many many times, Kante left us for a club not into the champions league.

This obsession with money is what drove the Super league that we're all suppose to hate.

• Like 2

Guest SO1
3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If a bigger club comes in for him, he'll probably go anyway. As has been said many many times, Kante left us for a club not into the champions league.

This obsession with money is what drove the Super league that we're all suppose to hate.

Someones going this summer and I don't know who. All depends on the the money we get from the sale and how much time they give us to replace. IMHO.

14 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Someones going this summer and I don't know who. All depends on the the money we get from the sale and how much time they give us to replace. IMHO.

Someone will leave, probably a few but I don't see any reason to assume that it will be a player the club want to keep.

Just a thought if people are continually going to label the team and Rodgers as bottlers, is that not disproved by winning the FA Cup? The reality of whether we qualify for the UCL this season will be down to how we have performed over a long 38 game season, if we don’t make it, it’s because over the entire season we weren’t quite good enough and big contributor to that has been the level of injuries we have sustained to key players right the way through the season. 

Our strongest XI and bench has enough to do it but as soon as we lose 3 or 4 key players our lack of squad depth is exposed, hopefully we continue to address this and continue our progression, however i am still hopeful we win on Sunday and snatch 3rd or 4th place 

• Like 3

Tielemans is only 24, another year at Leicester in the Europa League won't hurt really. He knew coming to Leicester wasn't a guarantee of Champions League football and he seems happy and settled.

I don't see him pushing to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can the regular posters in this thread that can't help themselves every time we lose a game please explain to me what Rodgers should be doing better at at the minute?

I keep reading that our talented players are bailing him out with individual pieces of brilliance e.g. Tielemans and Schmeichel in the final and that this hasn't anything to do with his credentials as a manager. If that really is the case, how can you ever quantify whether it is the manager getting results or players?

The way I measure these 2.5 years of Rodgers is quite simple. He came in and has instantly averaged around 1.8 - 2 points a game over 2.5 seasons. This is no fluke, he either took an under performing squad and got them playing at a level they should have been playing at or he's improved us and then has pretty much kept them there bar the slump in 2019/20 that suggested the honeymoon period was well and truly over which he quickly managed to get us to recover from despite little pre-season and huge injuries all season to key players.

He's juggled Europe where we maintained an even more impressive league position for the 1st half of the season and then he's juggled playing this last 3rd of the season where we were trying to win a major trophy that only 3 other managers have ever achieved in our history as well as achieve a top 4 position. He's doing this with no wingers, and Maddison and Vardy in horrendous form. There's has been no other club in the top 4 as far back as I can remember that has achieved what we have with the options in the squad available. Is that Rodgers fault? Should we have gotten more players in in attacking areas baring in mind what happened to us last season? Yes we should and he wanted to and the club couldn't. Is it Rodgers fault that Maddison has got injured in February and then can't get back to the form he was in from December through to his injury in February? Is it Rodgers fault that Vardy has been a shadow of his former self since his return from injury? If so, and I'm not disputing that he can't take some criticism of put of form players but then he has to take plenty of praise for what Iheanacho has done since February and what he got out of Justin prior to his injury too. 

I keep reading that Rodgers is serving up very negative football and that its inexcusable for a manager of his reputation with attacking principles and a philosophy of attractive football to be doing what he is doing but do you really think that he's suddenly decided after a number of years becoming the promising manager he is that this is exactly the future for his teams style? Or is there no other way when trying to manage 50-60 games with a squad size of ours and the quality available? I'm absolutely fascinated to find out what system and style of play he ought to be playing right now with the players available and the form of some of them.

WE DONT HAVE ANY FCUKIN WINGERS. Marc Albrighton averages a goal a season, Perez averages about 5 a season in the PL and his assists capabilities is none existent. Ünder has been pretty much injured the entire time that Barnes has been out as well, so I ask again what other system can we ay? Ricardo has been a shadow of his former self too, he was briefly tried out wide and its was equally as horrible as some of the stuff we have seen from our players in a 3-4-1-2. The fact is what alternatives are there? I'm all ears.

This is all in a season where we have beaten every one of the big 6 at least once, including taking Man City to the cleaners at The Etihad and putting in one of the most one sided performances I've seen from us in years away at Spurs and home to Chelsea. Prior to this season we couldn't find a way to set up against Man Utd and yet this season we've won twice and drew one against them. Is all this nothing out of the ordinary? 

The lack of ability to appreciate what this current team is achieving given the various obstacles and financial limitations that we've gone through is quite astonishing. I actually feel sorry for some of you, you've zero hope of ever reaching whatever footballing utopia you think this club and its manager and players should be in and all I can suggest is findnsomething else to do as you don't deserve this lot. 

I agree with 90%+ of what you're saying here.... The simple answer, for me, to the question what else is he meant to do?

Change it when it's not working!

Despite not having great options on the wings we do have some options - Albrighton's stats don't support him well - but I never feel like we don't have a threat with him on the wing.

Under has been injured for a while but is on the bench so is available.

Dennis Praet is a quality player that looked like he was only improving when he had a run in the side.

I'd like a bit of change and a little less stubbornness from BR. It's not a massive criticism, just a minor tweak really.

If we're playing the likes of Southampton let's just be less passive. We seem to wait for the game to go away from us and then chase it? 

Playing the same formation week in week out is exactly the opposite to the fluid / hard to predict tactics that BR seems to favour, so why do it?

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can the regular posters in this thread that can't help themselves every time we lose a game please explain to me what Rodgers should be doing better at at the minute?

I keep reading that our talented players are bailing him out with individual pieces of brilliance e.g. Tielemans and Schmeichel in the final and that this hasn't anything to do with his credentials as a manager. If that really is the case, how can you ever quantify whether it is the manager getting results or players?

The way I measure these 2.5 years of Rodgers is quite simple. He came in and has instantly averaged around 1.8 - 2 points a game over 2.5 seasons. This is no fluke, he either took an under performing squad and got them playing at a level they should have been playing at or he's improved us and then has pretty much kept them there bar the slump in 2019/20 that suggested the honeymoon period was well and truly over which he quickly managed to get us to recover from despite little pre-season and huge injuries all season to key players.

He's juggled Europe where we maintained an even more impressive league position for the 1st half of the season and then he's juggled playing this last 3rd of the season where we were trying to win a major trophy that only 3 other managers have ever achieved in our history as well as achieve a top 4 position. He's doing this with no wingers, and Maddison and Vardy in horrendous form. There's has been no other club in the top 4 as far back as I can remember that has achieved what we have with the options in the squad available. Is that Rodgers fault? Should we have gotten more players in in attacking areas baring in mind what happened to us last season? Yes we should and he wanted to and the club couldn't. Is it Rodgers fault that Maddison has got injured in February and then can't get back to the form he was in from December through to his injury in February? Is it Rodgers fault that Vardy has been a shadow of his former self since his return from injury? If so, and I'm not disputing that he can't take some criticism of put of form players but then he has to take plenty of praise for what Iheanacho has done since February and what he got out of Justin prior to his injury too. 

I keep reading that Rodgers is serving up very negative football and that its inexcusable for a manager of his reputation with attacking principles and a philosophy of attractive football to be doing what he is doing but do you really think that he's suddenly decided after a number of years becoming the promising manager he is that this is exactly the future for his teams style? Or is there no other way when trying to manage 50-60 games with a squad size of ours and the quality available? I'm absolutely fascinated to find out what system and style of play he ought to be playing right now with the players available and the form of some of them.

WE DONT HAVE ANY FCUKIN WINGERS. Marc Albrighton averages a goal a season, Perez averages about 5 a season in the PL and his assists capabilities is none existent. Ünder has been pretty much injured the entire time that Barnes has been out as well, so I ask again what other system can we ay? Ricardo has been a shadow of his former self too, he was briefly tried out wide and its was equally as horrible as some of the stuff we have seen from our players in a 3-4-1-2. The fact is what alternatives are there? I'm all ears.

This is all in a season where we have beaten every one of the big 6 at least once, including taking Man City to the cleaners at The Etihad and putting in one of the most one sided performances I've seen from us in years away at Spurs and home to Chelsea. Prior to this season we couldn't find a way to set up against Man Utd and yet this season we've won twice and drew one against them. Is all this nothing out of the ordinary? 

The lack of ability to appreciate what this current team is achieving given the various obstacles and financial limitations that we've gone through is quite astonishing. I actually feel sorry for some of you, you've zero hope of ever reaching whatever footballing utopia you think this club and its manager and players should be in and all I can suggest is findnsomething else to do as you don't deserve this lot. 

Exactly this. Fantastic post.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They cant

They come on here and spew utter crap.  They think we are a Top 4 team, without the resources to be a  consistent Top 4 team.

They think the "elite" managers in the football world are all lined up to come lead us to another title.  

They whine and complain that we bottled again, but they have absolutely no clue what it means, nor do they seem to have an understanding why we struggle during the end of the season.

I'm sure they are all very successful leaders in their chosen professions.  Probably never have employees second guess their decisions, and most likely have lead their respective companies to the very top of the industry.

I'd be willing to bet they've been dominating Football Manager for years.  Its just a shame that no Premier League team will give them the opportunity they need to prove their genius.   

Only term I can come up with is idiots.  They entire group of them.

Edited by marbles
  • Like 2

The main issue is he doesn't want the attack to move quickly & press, despite it being the obvious thing to do.  Favouring a slow buildup at all times.  We can't always afford to put the pressure on ourselves against stronger opposition especially ones that press higher up the pitch.   

Took us 60+ minutes to find a gear against Chelsea before we looked a threat at all.   His interview after the game indicated he preferred a slower buildup.   Depressing to hear as it was the only point in the game we looked a threat.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The very simple answer for me is this.

With a Brendan Rodgers team I pretty much know how games will go after 10 or so minutes.

Last night I was shouting at the screen (and writing on here) to do something, to change something, because if not we’d concede.

The only surprise was that we held out until half time. 
For me, the issue with Rodgers is he doesn’t know particularly how to change things IF plan A isn’t working. 
Whether this is due to our injuries, is open to debate, because we’ve seen us lose pitifully to sides when we HAVE had options on the bench.

I can’t knock him because he usually gets it right first time. I think he has the biggest win ratio of any LCFC manager?

But when we can see it’s not working, then I think he changes things too slowly and usually by that time the game is just about over. 
A good case in point was the Newcastle game. But there are many others.

Against Newcastle it was clear they were up for it, their front two were tearing us a new one, they were tearing our midfield up for arse paper and Rodgers DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

That’s his limitation I believe. One which has been pointed out by fans of other clubs he’s managed too

Would I change him? No way

But I’m being honest in my analysis of him as a top flight manager.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1