Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton away pre-match

Guest bennytwohats

Chance to pretty much put it to bed. Win this and we will basically need one win in our last four to be there. To be honest, if we win this then that might actually be enough points by itself. Let’s go for the jugular, keep building that momentum.

10 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Nah, he’s worth the risk given that there are so few games remaining. His performances haven’t dropped off at all really 

Thought last night was one of his weakest games in blue, but even then he still showed his quality. I think this back 3 works for the most part, he should start IMO, even if he has to come off a bit early 

I can see Ricardo and Perez coming in for this. Two wins on the bounce gives scope to try something different, which could mean four at the back - Fofana/Evans/Soyuncu is obviously a dream back three, but maybe take the opportunity to rest Wes (at least for the first half). We could bring in Praet to help out Youri in a diamond or 4-3-3. Fofana could come on at half time having broken his fast if we want to revert to the more recent formation. 
The other advantage of this is keeping our options open (and opposition guessing) for the last few games and Cup Final. With another win, we might even do the unthinkable and rest Tielemans...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Nah, he’s worth the risk given that there are so few games remaining. His performances haven’t dropped off at all really 

Not so much physical fitness with a young athlete like him, but mental fatigue is a problem if you’re not eating or drinking all day. Could contribute to errors like the Palace goal. 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Win it. That would then put 2 points behind Man Utd, who play Liverpool, with them still left to play.

Yep, a chance to begin looking above instead of below. It would be good to do them and ruin their season like they did us last.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I can see Ricardo and Perez coming in for this. Two wins on the bounce gives scope to try something different, which could mean four at the back - Fofana/Evans/Soyuncu is obviously a dream back three, but maybe take the opportunity to rest Wes (at least for the first half). We could bring in Praet to help out Youri in a diamond or 4-3-3. Fofana could come on at half time having broken his fast if we want to revert to the more recent formation. 
The other advantage of this is keeping our options open (and opposition guessing) for the last few games and Cup Final. With another win, we might even do the unthinkable and rest Tielemans...

Rest Tieleman’s? Youri having a laugh. 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Yep, a chance to begin looking above instead of below. It would be good to do them and ruin their season like they did us last.

Exactly. I think we should be looking at taking 6 points from the next 2 games. Then we go into the games against Man Utd and Chelsea with no pressure really.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if we rested anyone other than Maddison. Would like Ricardo to get some minutes but don't want Castagne moved to the left and would like Thomas to get an opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky come back in though. 

They are still a dangerous side who are capable on their day. But I hope we'll be too good going forward for them. Hopefully be a bit more aggressive than we were in the semi final. 

• Like 1