Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton away pre-match

3 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I just been on their forum, and read their match thread, and the general view of the way Southampton's season has gone, and their hope for this fixture, has made me feel depressed :unsure:lol

It is a remarkable struggle. When we played them in January, had they won they'd have been level on points with us.

4 points from the next 2 games is good. Friday won't be easy.

Newcastle should be a win, but with the Champions League finishing line approaching the pressure possibly increases. 

Brendan, hopefully calms the boys down & keeps them focused. Kasper & Evans with older heads have huge parts to play too. 

Edited by STEVIE B

We played them as either game 18 or 19 didn’t we? And at the time they could have gone level on points with us, if we win this we’re 29 points ahead. Mad how poor they’ve been in this half of the season, think it reflects their games too where they’re a first half team. Off a bit of a break I expect them to be really in our faces but without Ings they might be a bit toothless, just gotta keep calm and a goal will come

A draw wouldn't be a disaster, but  I think we'll win this. 

Can't honestly not see us picking up points from Newcastle and Spurs, so that will leave the chasing pack with too much to do. 

Would love to see Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton and Spurs (unlikely 😄) having a right slog for 4th, till the end of the season 

8 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

When is Harvey Barnes back? 

Hopefully we get an update in the presser this week! 

It’s gone from being back in training in 6 weeks to hopefully featuring before the end of the season, fortunately the form of Kelechi and the change in shape means we haven’t needed to rush him back. 

This Thursday will be 8 weeks since the op so an update this week would be good. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The confidence here makes me uncomfortable. We can win. But we’ll be in for a surprise if swagger into the game thinking we’ve already won it. Palace was difficult. I expect this to be be too.

The thing is, we aren’t the players. So it makes no difference whatsoever how confident we are as a collective group of City fans and forum users. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

When is Harvey Barnes back? 

my guess would be in 2 weeks, in time for the final 3 league fixtures and the final, not that i'd expect him to start any, but may be able to have a bit of an impact off the bench.

7 minutes ago, Eskay said:

It's crunch time. Lose this and West ham winning would crank the pressure up on those 3 games at the end. 

Liverpool could get a result at United too.

There isn't a fat lady singing yet by any means 

I thought I was negative lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

The thing is, we aren’t the players. So it makes no difference whatsoever how confident we are as a collective group of City fans and forum users. 

It makes all the difference! My optimism has a direct effect on the universe and it's motivation to screw me. I'm not paranoid! 

Friday will be a challenge I think. The cup game will be on their mind's and give them extra motivation. They have players like Ings that can hurt us. Hopefully Maddison will get more space and influence the game better than against Palace. It's a massive game for us and from Nacho's interview it's clear the players also know this. Win it and I think second place in the league is on. It'll also keep up our momentum which is incredibly important at this stage in the season. 

We'll need to be bang on it. Despite their recent struggles they are a far more capable side than the two we've just beaten. And not that I want to mention the 9-0 and it seems an age ago now, but that was the result when we played here last year which may well fire them right up for this. Another composed performance should see us through.

47 minutes ago, srex9 said:

We'll need to be bang on it. Despite their recent struggles they are a far more capable side than the two we've just beaten. And not that I want to mention the 9-0 and it seems an age ago now, but that was the result when we played here last year which may well fire them right up for this. Another composed performance should see us through.

We literally just beat these 10 days ago as part of a 3 game winning streak in all competitions. 

• Haha 1

The better our result here, the better our likely result in the Newcastle game.  Three points from this one takes some of the pressure off for that one.  If we draw or lose we pretty much go into Newcastle as a must win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SO1 said:

Every match from now to the end of the season a cup final. Its in our hands if we show up and fight. All I can ask.

This really.

As long as they give it their all and don't leave anything on the pitch, that's all we can ask.

My arsehole is like a rabbit's nose, but I think we'll do it.

We've learnt and grown. 

The commentator last night, mentioned that shitshow at Bournemouth last year. I'd blanked it from my memory to be honest, but we could easily have folded like that last night.

We're growing as a team and as a club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

It's crunch time. Lose this and West ham winning would crank the pressure up on those 3 games at the end. 

Liverpool could get a result at United too.

There isn't a fat lady singing yet by any means 

If Liverpool do get that result at United, we could be 2 points behind Man Utd. Dont look so bad then does it