Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

The problem surely isn't so much that we can't pay him more than what Atalanta can, it's can we pay him more than what Inter Milan can.

Inter just seems an obvious move, local to Atalanta and they play a similar-ish system.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

The problem surely isn't so much that we can't pay him more than what Atalanta can, it's can we pay him more than what Inter Milan can.

Inter just seems an obvious move, local to Atalanta and they play a similar-ish system.

They are having money problems themselves 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They are having money problems themselves 

They have spent a lot to be fair, they've signed a ridiculous number of players, their wage bill must be enormous.

Even so you could make the same argument for other clubs who'd be in. We'll be able to outbid Atalanta but plenty of others we wouldn't.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

They have spent a lot to be fair, they've signed a ridiculous number of players, their wage bill must be enormous.

Even so you could make the same argument for other clubs who'd be in. We'll be able to outbid Atalanta but plenty of others we wouldn't.

According to reports they 120m in 2020 and are set to lose around 180m to 250m in 2021 :dunno:

The owners Chinese owners, Suning are having money trouble, due to the pandimic.

Hence the rumours of RL being sold this summer.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be honest I think he would want a challenge away from Italy. I heard something that said he would love to play in Germany.

Still wouldn’t shock me to see him end up at Man City, I don’t watch German football but maybe Bayern?

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Really looking like we need UCL.. Benteke, Bertrand and James better be just depth signings :/ 

Firstly it's Sport Witness. Anyone with an ounce of braincells can work out or speculate that one or two of our transfers or targets won't come without UCL. However, unless the player has openly said he won't play for a non-UCL club, then it's just guesswork. 

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

Firstly it's Sport Witness. Anyone with an ounce of braincells can work out or speculate that one or two of our transfers or targets won't come without UCL. However, unless the player has openly said he won't play for a non-UCL club, then it's just guesswork. 

Nothing wrong with Sport Witness, they are just a news aggregator for foreign articles like NewsNow

Just now, moore_94 said:

Nothing wrong with Sport Witness, they are just a news aggregator for foreign articles like NewsNow

They'll post any auld shite. They aren't quoting any foreign articles or stories, so they are just plucking something out of nothing. 

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

They'll post any auld shite. They aren't quoting any foreign articles or stories, so they are just plucking something out of nothing. 

I mean, that one above quite literally says that it is according to a Calciomercato article, don't think I have ever seen them not name their source

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean, that one above quite literally says that it is according to a Calciomercato article, don't think I have ever seen them not name their source

:P That'll teach me to skim read. Still believe it to be speculation though.

• Like 1

As a player, you’d stand more chance of joining us and winning the Europa League, then joining Manchester United and winning the Champions League. 

37 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I only sent it because it referenced calciomercato.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

As a player, you’d stand more chance of joining us and winning the Europa League, then joining Manchester United and winning the Champions League. 

Players don’t expect to join clubs and win cups (unless it’s Man City).  Most want to play in the CL. Goosens has done this for the past two seasons 

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Players don’t expect to join clubs and win cups (unless it’s Man City).  Most want to play in the CL. Goosens has done this for the past two seasons 

Depends who is interested in him, not many players are going to turn down doubling their wages for the sake of Champions League football. If nobody else is serious about him, then he could easily do what others do and put himself in a bigger shop window than you get at Atalanta. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not sure why my post got deleted but he won't be joining with or without CL.

is that down to our interest cooling or his? i assume Atlanta are pushing for a much higher price than originally reported