Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Like Castagne you mean?

Who last season left CL football with Atalanta to join Leicester who didn't have it? 

Slight gulf in perceived quality though. Gosens is Germanys starting left back, I'd argue he needs Champions League football far more than Castagne did 

Just now, SecretPro said:

Slight gulf in perceived quality though. Gosens is Germanys starting left back, I'd argue he needs Champions League football far more than Castagne did 

Germany's current batch isn't all that great. It could say more about them not being the side they were.

It comes down to money. Castagne left because we could pay him more. It will be the case with this player too if we really want him. 

He's not going to lose his Germany place playing in the top 6 of the PL.

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

And Castagne is a starting defender for Belgium, the no.1 ranked team in the world 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Like Castagne you mean?

Who last season left CL football with Atalanta to join Leicester who didn't have it? 

Bit different

Castagne left Atalanta because he wanted more first team football, had fallen out with Gasperini, and Atalanta were looking to sell as he only had 1 year left on his deal

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bit different

Castagne left Atalanta because he wanted more first team football, had fallen out with Gasperini, and Atalanta were looking to sell as he only had 1 year left on his deal

Like always, it will come down to money I’d assume

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Well any notion of this player coming here is gone if we don't get CL

Rubbish. We've signed players before who have left clubs qualifying or in the CL and moved to us when we didn't even have European competition to play in.

Tielemans is a prime example when he joined us on loan while Monaco were still in CL. 

I really don’t think players wank over champions league so much they’d turn down extra money elsewhere. It’s all about money and ultimately Leicester can pay more than Atalanta regardless. Look at that team from Afghanistan Anchi whatever they were called eto and Willian  soon skipped there careers for money 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I really don’t think players wank over champions league so much they’d turn down extra money elsewhere. It’s all about money and ultimately Leicester can pay more than Atalanta regardless. Look at that team from Afghanistan Anchi whatever they were called eto and Willian  soon skipped there careers for money 

Sensational lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

You mean the RUSSIAN team Anji?

Take a look at what signing players driven by money over perceived success has gotten them. 

16 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

You mean the RUSSIAN team Anji?

Take a look at what signing players driven by money over perceived success has gotten them. 

Russian/North Pole, And success irrelevant! Eto and willian gave up the world to play for money! 

Edited by Heymister2015

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Why would a player only sign if we are in the champs league? I don't get it. We aren't an established champs league team so even if we do get in this year there is no guarantee we do next. 

Lets be honest we would be 4th seed and could potentially be the whipping boys and be out after 3 games. 

Players are driven by money so if we offer him the contract he wants the champs league wouldn't stop him coming here. 

This, it’s about money, and for the personality of player we are looking for it’s likely also about whether or not they buy into our project. Winning the cup and qualifying for Europe again will do us no harm whatsoever. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Why would a player only sign if we are in the champs league? I don't get it. We aren't an established champs league team so even if we do get in this year there is no guarantee we do next. 

Lets be honest we would be 4th seed and could potentially be the whipping boys and be out after 3 games. 

Players are driven by money so if we offer him the contract he wants the champs league wouldn't stop him coming here. 

Fair point, well made. For all the brouhaha on here about CL, whichever competition we qualify for, it’s likely by Christmas we’ll be in the Europa League

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I mean, that's just not true. He will remain Germanys starting left back until someone better comes along.

9 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

You mean Anzi Makhachkala, the one thats in Russia? And at least only a mere 2000km away from Afghanistan.

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I mean, that's just not true. He will remain Germanys starting left back until someone better comes along.

Exactly. If Kane stops at Spurs will England stop playing him because he isn't in the champs league? Course they wouldn't. 

• Like 1

No player is signing just because we have CL football for one season, they are still going to choose a Chelsea, Man C, Man U or Liverpool over us.

But our success over the last two seasons has put us in a positions to be a preferred choice over probably 14 other teams in the league and on a equal footing with Spurs and Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Gosens name was touted for a couple of weeks and seems to have disappeared now. Whereas Soumare and Édouard names have never gone away. Seems like we'd looked at him and now look to be moving off, given all sources have dried up 

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Gosens name was touted for a couple of weeks and seems to have disappeared now. Whereas Soumare and Édouard names have never gone away. Seems like we'd looked at him and now look to be moving off, given all sources have dried up 

Edouard is not top 6 quality... we have seen with perez how this goes

He is better off going to join the German Gruppe at Chelsea.   It will be interesting once Roman has had it with Tuchel.  It will be Operation Barbarossa in reverse.

• Haha 1