Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s an interesting development. Were King power not paying for the shirt sponsorship? Was it a perk of owning the club? If they were paying I don’t imagine we are like getting triple the amount nor or anything from the new company.. unless we have found a way for King power to sponsor something else which would be totally legit and above board :ph34r: so that we get both sponsorship incomes.. 

King Power was a reported £4m per season compared to the rumoured £30m per season from our new sponsors.

From how I understand how it worked with king power was that they paid well over the odds when we were in the championship and when rules weren’t that tight regarding that particular loop hole. As the clubs stature has increased and other revenue streams have increased they have continued paying the same amount as they did when we were in the championship. This new sponsorship is huge as we are finally getting the income a club of our stature can command.

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

From how I understand how it worked with king power was that they paid well over the odds when we were in the championship and when rules weren’t that tight regarding that particular loop hole. As the clubs stature has increased and other revenue streams have increased they have continued paying the same amount as they did when we were in the championship. This new sponsorship is huge as we are finally getting the income a club of our stature can command.

Thought they kept it low because they got burnt while doing it in the championship?

Could also provide a base for KP to come in again in 3 years to inflate the sponsorship money they can put in again

• Like 1

Just now, snoopy87 said:

Thought they kept it low because they got burnt while doing it in the championship?

Could also provide a base for KP to come in again in 3 years to inflate the sponsorship money they can put in again

No idea why they kept it low. I remember they strengthened ffp rules a few years back after a few teams had inflated sponsorships. I believe KP preceded the rule change and that’s why they never got in trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if KP just didn’t consider the sponsorship worth as much to them as it would cost at market rate anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato

“GOSENS COURTED BY LEICESTER - Robin Gosens could be Atalanta's sacrifice in this summer transfer market. At the moment an offer has not yet arrived that can make Percassi waver. Leicester has already risen to 20 million, but the Nerazzurri do not seem willing to go below 35.”

Don't see it happening, can't see us paying that and Gosens I doubt wants to drop to Europa football from the CL

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't see it happening, can't see us paying that and Gosens I doubt wants to drop to Europa football from the CL

It’s a pile of shit headline anyway.

No offer has arrived but we have offered 20 and Atalanta want 35.

Ok.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I still think we must be interested - Ryan Bertrand surely would be a done deal otherwise? And we haven’t heard much on that at all recently 

I think he be playing the market and a few clubs against each other for a few weeks up until pre season training squeezing whatever club is interested more money.. as we all would.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s a pile of shit headline anyway.

No offer has arrived but we have offered 20 and Atalanta want 35.

Ok.

....it actually said:

...At the moment an offer has not yet arrived that can make Percassi waver."

I can't  see this happening, not if we are looking to add Trincao, another Centre Back, Soumare, Edouard and a Right sided Forward to our roster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it actually said:

...At the moment an offer has not yet arrived that can make Percassi waver."

I can't  see this happening, not if we are looking to add Trincao, another Centre Back, Soumare, Edouard and a Right sided Forward to our roster. 

To our roster?

I read that we tried to buy both Gosens and Castagne the previous summer, offering the same fee for the former as the latter. 

Looks like our valuation of Gosens hasn't budged particularly.

One positive if the rumour is true is that it looks like he would be open to a move to us, as unlikely we would be pursuing it if that wasn't the case. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...see below!!!

a list of members of a team or organization, in particular of sports players available for team selection. 

I know what it means, it’s just very American.

• Like 1