Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

He's a great player but I would rather us spend money elsewhere, given that cash is likely to be quite tight. I think that we should wait to see what Justin is like when he returns to the team before deciding to splurge cash on another left back. Before his injury Justin was looking so good - and we have decent back up in this position with Thomas and Timmy. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He's a great player but I would rather us spend money elsewhere, given that cash is likely to be quite tight. I think that we should wait to see what Justin is like when he returns to the team before deciding to splurge cash on another left back. Before his injury Justin was looking so good - and we have decent back up in this position with Thomas and Timmy. 

Which is why Bertrand makes such good sense. He gets us through 12 months whilst JJ and Ricky get back up to speed. 🤞

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 11:54, Chocolate Teapot said:

Atlanta having an extra year option largely meaning he'll cost far more than we thought.

We do keep contact and tabs though; so might be one for next year maybe? We'll just have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The lucrative new deal we’ve signed make these deals financially viable without the CL. 

How? We lost £60m last season even with selling Maguire. Where’s the extra £100m coming from?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Lad said:

How? We lost £60m last season even with selling Maguire. Where’s the extra £100m coming from?

Lost £60m? We never had the CL money...... you get it when you qualify so we haven’t lost anything. The deal is a huge deal which offers up a significant amount of investment..... the club have been working hard to creat new bonds with new stakeholders which will help to increase the clubs financial position. 

As long as any debt is serviceable, it isn’t a problem. Our current debt looks very manageable, in terms of the global profile our club is now receiving. I reckon we’re in a great position, relative to the type and level of player we want to attract and  the likes of Gosens seems attainable.

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lost £60m? We never had the CL money...... you get it when you qualify so we haven’t lost anything. The deal is a huge deal which offers up a significant amount of investment..... the club have been working hard to creat new bonds with new stakeholders which will help to increase the clubs financial position. 

Agree. But to say we are now financially strong is wrong in my opinion. We needed more than a shirt sponsorship to balance the books.. yes, it’s a great deal but add the £60 from the CL to that and then we would be in a position to dictate things. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Agree. But to say we are now financially strong is wrong in my opinion. We needed more than a shirt sponsorship to balance the books.. yes, it’s a great deal but add the £60 from the CL to that and then we would be in a position to dictate things. 

There’s nothing wrong with our finances?? We’re the best ran club in the league... we’ve already pretty much sorted two signings, and we have others in the pipelines we’re also negotiating a new deal for Youri, we’re in a strong financial position. We have a ceiling of course we do because we’re self sufficient, but there is a reason King Power was built from the ground up to become what it is today. 

The people at the very top are savvy business people, we also have an excellent chief executive officer in Susan Whelan who along with KP has been working hard to secure major relationship with key stakeholders. 

You don’t need to lose sleep over finances, we’re fine, and we can afford more than you think, it’s still a modest budget, but it’s one that will enable us to compete. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Has anywhere quoted how much the sponsorship deal is worth?

10 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Has anywhere quoted how much the sponsorship deal is worth?

No specifics yet, but I've seen journalists say it's "lucrative". Could be anything, really. Everton's is worth about £10m per year I think.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Lad said:

We'd get no where near 60 mill for qualifying for the UCL unless we make it into the latter rounds. a proportion of the payout is now based on coefficient which we wouldn't score highly in

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The lucrative new deal we’ve signed make these deals financially viable without the CL. 

It’s an interesting development. Were King power not paying for the shirt sponsorship? Was it a perk of owning the club? If they were paying I don’t imagine we are like getting triple the amount nor or anything from the new company.. unless we have found a way for King power to sponsor something else which would be totally legit and above board :ph34r: so that we get both sponsorship incomes..