Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

53 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He worth probably around 120k a week if being honest a brilliant solid player we really need.

If you only think he is good you really need to watch some games he plays he is outstanding 

We all agree he is a very good player, and he would improve the team. However we have greater needs up front and only so much money. We have strengthened the defence with Castagne and Fofana lately so I believe we must direct our available funds towards reinforcing our attack.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is probably demanding 80 grand a week from us . Good player but we can do without.

I think he'd be worth every penny of the 80 bags personally. We'd be such a potent threat down the left and we can continue to drop Thomas in and out to keep his development ticking along without putting too much pressure on him. Thomas was so good against Chelsea but at 19 those Arsenal performances are still going to be in there, so it makes sense to have a monster like The Goose as first-choice.

I’m not doubting that gosens is a world class wing back, however, my reservations with him are that he’s not a great full back, and if he was to play left wing, it would mean having to move Barnes. The fact that he might not be first choice with a back 4 makes me think that he might not be worth it. The amount of times this season we’ve have to change system and formation due to injuries means we’re going to need someone who can play a variety of roles, and I’m not sure that he can? Again, not denying his ability, as I think he is phenomenal. 

44 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’m not doubting that gosens is a world class wing back, however, my reservations with him are that he’s not a great full back, and if he was to play left wing, it would mean having to move Barnes. The fact that he might not be first choice with a back 4 makes me think that he might not be worth it. The amount of times this season we’ve have to change system and formation due to injuries means we’re going to need someone who can play a variety of roles, and I’m not sure that he can? Again, not denying his ability, as I think he is phenomenal. 

Being proficient with several set ups and many preset patterns in a game will stand us in good stead next season. 

48 minutes ago, Dusty said:

To be fair Timmy joined us after being used in the exact same system, and was often the back up player to Gosens. He has managed to come in and be a really good full back

Gosens was also a left full back before he was pushed a bit further forward, so it isn't like it will be something completely new to him

If Rodgers and the scouting team are after him to play on that left hand side, I doubt they would be interested in him unless he was capable at playing left back

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Agree with you til the last sentence. Even with the bluest of blue tinted specs, Trent and Robertson are still better and probably the best full back pairing in the world. It would be phenomenal to have him join and almost certainly cement wingbacks as our future formation. Regardless, exciting times! 

Those two are proven at the very highest level so it’s hard to make a convincing argument... but I’ll try!

Liverpool play in a unique manner, the middle 3 are the lungs of the team that do the dirty work so that the rest of the team can attack. Their full backs have outrageous attacking stats but defensively are massively suspect. Alexander-Arnold is likely to be passed on for England for example, because he’s great in the Liverpool system but not so good in others. 

Ricardo at his peak was IMO the best right back in the league. He could defend and attack, having a tackle rate on par with Ndidi (!) as well as often being our best attacking player. As a right back!

I’ve seen a ton of Atalanta play and Gosens is simply phenomenal. He does get caught out defensively, but that’s because of the way Atalanta play, which is similar to Leeds in that if the opposition beats the first press they are often through on goal. 

Since JJ and Barnes got injured, very little attacking play comes down the left unless Vardy runs the channel. If you put a world class left sided player into this team and it will be monstrous. 

Anyway it’s all it’s but’s and maybe’s, but the unofficial Foxes Talk transfer committee can vouch for me! I called Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Castagne as being top transfers and they have been! Let’s just all agree to ignore the part where I said Adrien Silva would be the most technical midfielder to ever play for us 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

! Let’s just all agree to ignore the part where I said Adrien Silva would be the most technical midfielder to ever play for us 🤦‍♂️

I thought Jermaine Beckford was guaranteed to bag 20+ in the championship for us. I’m sure we’ve all backed a donkey.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I thought Jermaine Beckford was guaranteed to bag 20+ in the championship for us. I’m sure we’ve all backed a donkey.

The frustrating thing about Beckford is that he had the talent to do that. But when he chose to join a championship club rather than Premier League team because of the wages on offer... well the alarm bells should have been ringing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I said that Hernandez would be a Spanish John Terry for us lol 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, KFS said:

I said that Hernandez would be a Spanish John Terry for us lol 

Love how this thread has turned into "Transfer Confessionals"

Who thought Musa would be good? I was disappointed we didn't sign him during the January 2015 window to give us another striking option to help us get over the line...

As much as I think he's a fantastic player, I don't see how he fits into our preferred system.

He's very much a wingback, not a fullback and I don't like the idea of us making a more permanent move towards a back 3 or shoehorning him into a back 4.

29 minutes ago, matty98 said:

As much as I think he's a fantastic player, I don't see how he fits into our preferred system.

He's very much a wingback, not a fullback and I don't like the idea of us making a more permanent move towards a back 3 or shoehorning him into a back 4.

I don’t think there is that much difference between our wingbacks in a 3-5-2 to our fullbacks in 4-2-3-1 to be overly concerned really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The frustrating thing about Beckford is that he had the talent to do that. But when he chose to join a championship club rather than Premier League team because of the wages on offer... well the alarm bells should have been ringing. 

Really? Always played first team football,  Wasn’t really playing regularly in the prem. big opportunity came at Leicester under ex England boss. Don’t think you can blame him for that move 

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think there is that much difference between our wingbacks in a 3-5-2 to our fullbacks in 4-2-3-1 to be overly concerned really.

The way I see it, if you play him in a back 4, we'll have the same issue we had with Chilwell in that he'll occupy the same area of the pitch as Barnes and Barnes will be much less effective or he'll not play his typical game in which case what's the point in signing him because he won't be as effective.

If we play a back 3 with him, we don't play Barnes and we're arguably not any better.

I just don't see how he'd fit in in a way that's beneficial to the overall team.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Atalanta have played a back 4 at times this season and he has done well. He would lend us a lot of tactical flexibility.

22 minutes ago, matty98 said:

The way I see it, if you play him in a back 4, we'll have the same issue we had with Chilwell in that he'll occupy the same area of the pitch as Barnes and Barnes will be much less effective or he'll not play his typical game in which case what's the point in signing him because he won't be as effective.

If we play a back 3 with him, we don't play Barnes and we're arguably not any better.

I just don't see how he'd fit in in a way that's beneficial to the overall team.

Although I can see how you’ve come to that conclusion, I think you are not giving Barnes the credit he deserves. His evolution is not simply that Chilwell is no longer in his way. He has improved in many aspects and would have had Chilwell stayed.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Those two are proven at the very highest level so it’s hard to make a convincing argument... but I’ll try!

Liverpool play in a unique manner, the middle 3 are the lungs of the team that do the dirty work so that the rest of the team can attack. Their full backs have outrageous attacking stats but defensively are massively suspect. Alexander-Arnold is likely to be passed on for England for example, because he’s great in the Liverpool system but not so good in others. 

Ricardo at his peak was IMO the best right back in the league. He could defend and attack, having a tackle rate on par with Ndidi (!) as well as often being our best attacking player. As a right back!

I’ve seen a ton of Atalanta play and Gosens is simply phenomenal. He does get caught out defensively, but that’s because of the way Atalanta play, which is similar to Leeds in that if the opposition beats the first press they are often through on goal. 

Since JJ and Barnes got injured, very little attacking play comes down the left unless Vardy runs the channel. If you put a world class left sided player into this team and it will be monstrous. 

Anyway it’s all it’s but’s and maybe’s, but the unofficial Foxes Talk transfer committee can vouch for me! I called Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Castagne as being top transfers and they have been! Let’s just all agree to ignore the part where I said Adrien Silva would be the most technical midfielder to ever play for us 🤦‍♂️

Sorry dude, valiant effort but not convinced! 😂 

Trent is getting back into form and is showing class is permanent and form is temporary. He was amazing against Man U and his dead ball delivery for Alisson’s goal was immaculate. He’s definitely getting talked about in England terms and he’s too good not to take IHMO. 

I agree we’re missing something on the left but Thomas has done well,  but Harvey was border player of the season and so was JJ. Gosens is more wing back than full back too. I also watch Atalanta a fair amount as they just play some wonderful stuff and it’s such a great story on their success after Bergamo was hit so hard by COVID. 

The transfers you mentioned have been great, I too wanted Adrien to be top. Shame he wasn’t. I’m very excited by Soumare we’re gonna be stacked in the middle with him too. He’s got it all. 

🍻 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Well any notion of this player coming here is gone if we don't get CL

Like Castagne you mean?

Who last season left CL football with Atalanta to join Leicester who didn't have it? 

• Like 3