Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers has also been on record to say that we'll sign a striker so chill @filbertway

I'm more concerned about the wingers/attacking midfielders. We've lost one winger to injury and decided to change the whole way we play. 

Also, forgive me for not taking Rodgers at his word lol He talks the talk and says what people want to hear, but it's hit and miss whether what he says comes to fruition.

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rodgers has also been on record to say that we'll sign a striker so chill @filbertway

We need a striker and a winger.

Priority signings are those 2 positions, Gosens or a left back and then move on to a combative midfielder once Hamza is or Mendy is flogged. I suspect a 4th choice CB will join as well.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Priority signings are those 2 positions, Gosens or a left back and then move on to a combative midfielder once Hamza is or Mendy is flogged. I suspect a 4th choice CB will join as well.

Absolutely agree ,Gosens would be very good but is not top priority , we still have periods when our control is not turning into goals. If we had had less of those we would be not far behind Man.City.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So we agree then?!? Those five positions need reinforcements.

• Like 2

I think the issue is that what we need and what is available are often two different things. If a player like Gosens becomes available, and at a good price, we have to move or risk losing out to a rival. I'm sure the powers that be are well-aware of where our priorities lie but it's not Football Manager.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty good chance we already have interest in Hamza given how close he came to leaving in winter. Wouldn’t be surprised if we already had a PL buyer lined up already, hence the interest in Soumaré.

Edited by FoxesWalk

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

So we agree then?!? Those five positions need reinforcements.

Yes but like last season we couldn't get everyone we wanted due to finances. If we have the same issues again then the positions I'm less concerned about are DCM and a centre half.

• Like 2

My issue with this is if Justin gets back to his best in January/February, it's a lot of money to spend on somebody for 6 months, it's 50/50, if Justin gets back to where he was, then one of them is benched when you feel they're to good for it, if we don't sign him, and Justin doesn't get back, we wish we got Gosens.

Could be another Ricardo and Castagne situation I'm sensing where Justin doesn't look his old self.

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

My issue with this is if Justin gets back to his best in January/February, it's a lot of money to spend on somebody for 6 months, it's 50/50, if Justin gets back to where he was, then one of them is benched when you feel they're to good for it, if we don't sign him, and Justin doesn't get back, we wish we got Gosens.

Could be another Ricardo and Castagne situation I'm sensing where Justin doesn't look his old self.

My impression of Justin is that he is an excellent full back and decent cover at centre back, Gosens is an excellent wing back and a decent full back. Luke Thomas is a decent full back or wing back who could go on loan in January if Gosens comes in and Justin gets back to full fitness.

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

Don't forget we'd gave lots of match congestion 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Luckily professional footballers and coaches are a lot less reactionary than some of us and understand that sometimes you lose. 

They also like 80 bags of benjamins a week

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Screenshot_20210517_135836.jpg

Call me dumb but does it mean much regarding joining as obviously Castagne was team mates with Gosens and an ITK said it could happen - but does this

mean it’s getting any nearer?

However do think business will be done early this year - Gosens, Soumare and Edouard look most likeliest. 

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think this will be the signing that pushes this team to the next level.

All the names we've been linked with will certainly move us forward. Gosens, Edouard, Soumare. All great players.

If we can get them 3 in for under 70 Mil that will be great business.

Then move a few out Praet, Hamza Mendy possibly .

• Like 1