Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a huge risk to plan to implement a change to 3-4-1-2 though, so far in the last 3 seasons the only player it benefits in the whole team is Iheanacho. Nearly every other player isn't as effective in it compared to 4-2-3-1.

I don't see what the point is.

Can’t find any wingers maybe, or enough. 

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a huge risk to plan to implement a change to 3-4-1-2 though, so far in the last 3 seasons the only player it benefits in the whole team is Iheanacho. Nearly every other player isn't as effective in it compared to 4-2-3-1.

I don't see what the point is.

We’ve not seen it with a fit Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Ricardo, etc etc

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

We’ve not seen it with a fit Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Ricardo, etc etc

Maddison has never played well there and Barnes wasn't anywhere near as effective up until we changed back to 4-2-3-1 in December. Prior to that he wasn't impacting on games as much in a back 3.

It's a huge risk, I'm not as sure we'll do it either. I think the signing of Soumare points more towards us going 4-3-3 and the ACM being the victim.

• Like 3

Gosens doesn’t get a move based on having an outstanding tournament, he does this week in week out for Atalanta, so i don’t think it affects whether we can get him. That will be down to if one of the super powers comes in for him, If they don’t we have a chance.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison has never played well there and Barnes wasn't anywhere near as effective up until we changed back to 4-2-3-1 in December. Prior to that he wasn't impacting on games as much in a back 3.

It's a huge risk, I'm not as sure we'll do it either. I think the signing of Soumare points more towards us going 4-3-3 and the ACM being the victim.

I agree actually, much as I’d love Gosens here. In so far as I can read the runes @Ric Flair, they point to 4-3-3 for next season.

That of course sees the same permutations up front as I posited earlier, but I’d be genuinely excited by the midfield options: 3 from Youri, Wilf, Madders (as an 8), Praet (who’s just made for playing in a 3), Soumare & KDH. That’s top level!

Add a fit Ricardo, Castagne, JJ to Bertrand & Thomas and one more CB and we’re cooking…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I agree actually, much as I’d love Gosens here. In so far as I can read the runes @Ric Flair, they point to 4-3-3 for next season.

That of course sees the same permutations up front as I posited earlier, but I’d be genuinely excited by the midfield options: 3 from Youri, Wilf, Madders (as an 8), Praet (who’s just made for playing in a 3), Soumare & KDH. That’s top level!

Add a fit Ricardo, Castagne, JJ to Bertrand & Thomas and one more CB and we’re cooking…

That's actually quite impressive and to be fair to Rogers, all of us would want that problem and none of us would want to manage that problem.

Experience, empathy, ruthlessness and no little skill are prerequisites. I'm glad we have our current manager.

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

wouldnt shock me if he goes there, but Juve want Locatelli too, but im pretty sure they arent flush with money atm

They are a bit like Barca and Real Madrid. They have spent well beyond their means, but can go on spending as they are a huge commercial outlet and can get loans because of this. In other words, they can offset losses against their potential global appeal and continued revenue flow from sponsorship and shirt sales worldwide.

To me it's all wrong, as I think it goes against FFP, when it was in force, but that's the reality of how these established 'giants' of football operate.

Edited by MGLCFC

I think the financial instability from most of Europe’s big hitters along with the majority of them being quite well stacked at LB gives us a chance 🙏🏻 Problem is if Man City decide he’s the man for them it’s game over ... there was a lot of talk about them being after Nuno Mendes though who I’d equally take... we can but dream guys 

He's not a left back is he, he's a wing back so the only teams that will be in for him will play 3 at the back already or willing to change their entire system just to fit him in.

This is why I'm not convinced we are going 3 at the back because the alternative is Bertrand who is poor going forward these days and will be brought in purely to be a back up left back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not a left back is he, he's a wing back so the only teams that will be in for him will play 3 at the back already or willing to change their entire system just to fit him in.

This is why I'm not convinced we are going 3 at the back because the alternative is Bertrand who is poor going forward these days and will be brought in purely to be a back up left back. 

I hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If I'm not then we won't be finishing top 6 playing 3-4-1-2. To do so we need a top quality left wing back, a left footed centre half as the current 3 don't work in my opinion and we need an attacking midfielder who suits the system better than Maddison. Stupid to have to make so many changes when we already have the system to get us top 4 just need a right winger.

Agree, I'm a bit worried about 433 as well in terms of creativity and no room for an ACM...

I'd prefer 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 we just don't have any really penetration in other formations for me.

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Agree, I'm a bit worried about 433 as well in terms of creativity and no room for an ACM...

I'd prefer 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 we just don't have any really penetration in other formations for me.

The 4-3-3 will be against certain teams and not the preferred system. Rodgers expects goals, he knows Ndidi and Soumare won't do that and Tielemans can't be expected to score and assist like Maddison is expected to do when he plays in the 10 role.

We need a right winger who scores goals, without one we've likely peaked and Rodgers will come a cropper.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The 4-3-3 will be against certain teams and not the preferred system. Rodgers expects goals, he knows Ndidi and Soumare won't do that and Tielemans can't be expected to score and assist like Maddison is expected to do when he plays in the 10 role.

We need a right winger who scores goals, without one we've likely peaked and Rodgers will come a cropper.

I hope so or it'll be 433 with:

Tielemans Ndidi Soumare

Daka Vardy Barnes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's why I'm half wondering if they're wanting Daka to come in and rotate between down the middle and as a direct, inside forward off the right channel. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tielemans Ndidi Soumare

Daka Vardy Barnes

4123 looks good...

Ricardo Fofana Soy/Evans Moore/Goose lol / Castagne

.................................Ndidi

.....................Tielemans Madders

.....................Daka Vardy Barnes

4 minutes ago, Nick said:

4123 looks good...

Ricardo Fofana Soy/Evans Moore/Goose lol / Castagne

.................................Ndidi

.....................Tielemans Madders

.....................Daka Vardy Barnes

We've still got Liam Moore on the books? :blink:

15 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tielemans Ndidi Soumare

Daka Vardy Barnes

Daka on the right wing would be a shocking waste of money and he won't work in a 2 with Vardy either as neither like to drop deep. Daka is Vardy's replacement.

• Like 1