Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

When Rodgers talks about player profiles, this is exactly the type of player he wants. I live Riccy I really do, but I think it’s only a matter of time until he moves on. Rodgers wants two aggressive attacking wing backs, and Gosens and Castagne would provide exactly that, capable of playing in a back 3 formation or a back 4 formation. Daka is the same, aggressive, Soumare also looks to have an aggressiveness to his game. We still have a softness about us at times and I think Rodgers is working hard to eliminate that, if you asked me now who I’d prefer at full back, a fully fit Riccy or a fully fit Timmy it would be the latter, Riccy technically is the better player, but Timmy gives you that extra bit of bite and grit that does more for the team.

It probably won’t happen now, but the club are definitely interested, perhaps king power are putting a bit more int the club this year to help make the difference, I mean if we ended up with Gosens, Soumare, Daka, a new CB and a new winger, we will be a formidable force next season.   

but I could see these as possible line ups….

Kasper 

Fofana.     Evans.      Cags.  

Castagne.   Youri.       N’didi.       Gosens   

Madders 

Kelch.        Daka 

Kasper 

Castagne.   Fofana.   Cags   Gosens 

Youri.     Ndidi 

Riccy P.           Madders.       Barnes 

Daka 

Kasper 

Castagne.    Fofana.  Cags.   Gosens 

Youri

Soumare.       Preat 

Daka/New Winger  Vardy        Barnes

So much flexibility if the signings come off,  we will be in a much better position to deal with next season! 

Edited by Pliskin

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If I'm not then we won't be finishing top 6 playing 3-4-1-2. To do so we need a top quality left wing back, a left footed centre half as the current 3 don't work in my opinion and we need an attacking midfielder who suits the system better than Maddison. Stupid to have to make so many changes when we already have the system to get us top 4 just need a right winger.

I have a feeling next season will be a mixture of 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2 and 3-4-2-1 Ric. I can’t see us regularly playing a back 4 because Evans is crucial to how we play but his age and decreasing mobility make a back 4 unlikely for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka on the right wing would be a shocking waste of money and he won't work in a 2 with Vardy either as neither like to drop deep. Daka is Vardy's replacement.

For the immediate future, they will share the role I would assume.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I have a feeling next season will be a mixture of 3-4-3, 3-4-1-2 and 3-4-2-1 Ric. I can’t see us regularly playing a back 4 because Evans is crucial to how we play but his age and decreasing mobility make a back 4 unlikely for me.

Based on what? We've played the system due to having no back up to Barnes and it's cost us. Scrabbling about for points again and being defensively worse in a back 3.

Fofana and Soyuncu might not work together in a back 4 but neither do they work in back 3 and there's others that suffer in a back 3 too, Maddison is pony, Barnes isn't anywhere near as dominant either. We would need a left wing back, a new ACM and a left footed centre back.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Based on what? We've played the system due to having no back up to Barnes and it's cost us. Scrabbling about for points again and being defensively worse in a back 3.

Fofana and Soyuncu might not work together in a back 4 but neither do they work in back 3 and there's others that suffer in a back 3 too, Maddison is pony, Barnes isn't anywhere near as dominant either. We would need a left wing back, a new ACM and a left footed centre back.

I feel Harvey would be comfortable in a 3-4-3, it would give him the opportunity to stay high and wide, a 3-4-3 is very similar to the way a 4-3-3 is played. Luke and Harvey could combine nicely in that formation. Personally I’m not convinced on Maddison staying at this current point in time, there is a lot of talk and his agent has definitely been putting feelers out there.

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

When Rodgers talks about player profiles, this is exactly the type of player he wants. I live Riccy I really do, but I think it’s only a matter of time until he moves on. Rodgers wants two aggressive attacking wing backs, and Gosens and Castagne would provide exactly that, capable of playing in a back 3 formation or a back 4 formation. Daka is the same, aggressive, Soumare also looks to have an aggressiveness to his game. We still have a softness about us at times and I think Rodgers is working hard to eliminate that, if you asked me now who I’d prefer at full back, a fully fit Riccy or a fully fit Timmy it would be the latter, Riccy technically is the better player, but Timmy gives you that extra bit of bite and grit that does more for the team.

It probably won’t happen now, but the club are definitely interested, perhaps king power are putting a bit more int the club this year to help make the difference, I mean if we ended up with Gosens, Soumare, Daka, a new CB and a new winger, we will be a formidable force next season.   

but I could see these as possible line ups….

Kasper 

Fofana.     Evans.      Cags.  

Castagne.   Youri.       N’didi.       Gosens   

Madders 

Kelch.        Daka 

Kasper 

Castagne.   Fofana.   Cags   Gosens 

Youri.     Ndidi 

Riccy P.           Madders.       Barnes 

Daka 

Kasper 

Castagne.    Fofana.  Cags.   Gosens 

Youri

Soumare.       Preat 

Daka/New Winger  Vardy        Barnes

So much flexibility if the signings come off,  we will be in a much better position to deal with next season! 

You might think so on paper but without Jonny the opposition would be very confident in sticking it to us. Unless we sign Tarkowski or someone similar our defence will quickly become disorganised and open.

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I feel Harvey would be comfortable in a 3-4-3, it would give him the opportunity to stay high and wide, a 3-4-3 is very similar to the way a 4-3-3 is played. Luke and Harvey could combine nicely in that formation. Personally I’m not convinced on Maddison staying at this current point in time, there is a lot of talk and his agent has definitely been putting feelers out there.

Barnes possibly could but in a 3-4-1-2 he wasn't anywhere near as good and he was given the licence to start attacks out wide and cut in but there wasn't the same freedom for him for some reason.

But 3-4-3 still requires us to buy a right winger, still requires us to buy a left footed centre half that's a bit more street wise than Soyuncu and Fofana and possibly a left wing back because none of our full backs are anywhere near as good playing left wing back as they are either left back or on their favoured right (Ricardo and Castagne).

We are closer to the squad we need to improve 4-2-3-1 than we are at changing long term to 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 so it's a huge gamble. In order to do so we at the very least need to replace Maddisons 10-15 goals with a right winger, you know the one player we badly need anyway and if we got that player in a 4-2-3-1 we could be unstoppable.

I trust Rodgers but this is a huge decision to make.

• Like 1

We were told this fella wouldn’t join without CL football

we don’t have CL football

now he’s having a great tournament, CL clubs who were thinking about him will actually take the plunge. 

this thread is no longer relevant as a transfer target but it’s good to debate formations! 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Daka on the right wing would be a shocking waste of money and he won't work in a 2 with Vardy either as neither like to drop deep. Daka is Vardy's replacement.

This. He needs to play like vardy because he pretty much already does. He's a goal hunting machine and he won't come here if he knew he was going to be crossing balls into the box life Wilf (no offence Wilf). What I seen in those videos online was not striker/winger, but a Vardy type player that stretches play on either side to a) wait for the team to catch up and b) to chase the ball to the side and straight into the box. It's like Mane at Liverpool, he's on the front right of a front 3 but plays between direct to goal and the inside of the wingers overlapping.

The difference is that we've never played that formation, for a very long time at least and each player has gotta be pretty perfect in that sequencing of phases of play.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Congratulations you have just spent £120 million , if only it was that easy.

Or you could say congratulations you have just made 260m on those 3 signings alone in 2 seasons time.

If only it was that easy.......

Oh shit LCFC have been doing that for years now 

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Or you could say congratulations you have just made 260m on those 3 signings alone in 2 seasons time.

If only it was that easy.......

Oh shit LCFC have been doing that for years now 

Two years is a long time in football and we have turned 30 million on Perez into something much less. You win some you lose some.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu have started together we have't lost a game

The issue is when one is missing as we don't have a good enough 4th CB. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1