Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Its not us to sign Gosens now, we should be trying to sign the next Gosens.

We won’t sign him purely because of all the people who will call him Robert or Goosens. 

Wanted us to sign him last season when we was linked. Was really hoping to get him when we was first linked again. 

got no chance now. He will want CL football and so many big clubs will be in for him. 

Quality player tho but guess will will have to make do with Bertrand 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Buggsteam said:

Wanted us to sign him last season when we was linked. Was really hoping to get him when we was first linked again. 

got no chance now. He will want CL football and so many big clubs will be in for him. 

Quality player tho but guess will will have to make do with Bertrand 

Cheer up. Big clubs are all skint and those who aren’t don’t need him. You can relax though, because he won’t be coming here. Not a chance. 

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it was more the additional funds we would have had from CL as we wouldn’t have continued our interest after qualifying for EL instead. 

Imagine if we’d agreed a deal before this game! If we weren’t prepared to pay 30m then, don’t think this is a possibility, however much we want him! 

Surely the article would’ve said we were waiting to see if we bagged CL rather than him if that was the case.... either way I can’t see past him rocking up somewhere like Man City now  

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not only would Gosens cost about £40m but we would still need another 2 new players to play 3-4-1-2 properly. Our defence is crap in that system as is all of our attacking midfielders. 

I’m not sure I agree @Ric Flair?
Fofana Evans Soyuncu is an elite level back three, though injuries to them, their FBs and fatigue meant they didn’t always look elite at the back end of the season.
With say, Amartey Ndidi Justin (bear with) as their back ups, you might not even need a new  CB. And yes, JJ is, assuming he recovers fully from his ACL injury, more than good enough to be one of our regular CB starters in a 3, either on the left or the right. Ndidi could be 5th choice CB and we wouldn’t miss him quite so much in midfield with Soumare’s height & physicality. I might be in a tiny minority but I think big Dan’s good enough to be 6th choice CB, though judging from the Spurs game, Rodgers might not agree.

We then play Gosens (Thomas/JJ) on the left and Castagne (Ricardo/JJ) on the right, with Wilf & Youri in CM.

The front 3 could fluidly switch between one behind a two (the one is Maddison/Perez) or three across the front from Barnes, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho & Madders.

Not sure I see a need for 2 more players to make that work? ‘Course, I’d want a left footed CB, and a RW/AM, but would they be necessary?

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not only would Gosens cost about £40m but we would still need another 2 new players to play 3-4-1-2 properly. Our defence is crap in that system as is all of our attacking midfielders. 

Another CB would do it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m not sure I agree @Ric Flair?
Fofana Evans Soyuncu is an elite level back three, though injuries to them, their FBs and fatigue meant they didn’t always look elite at the back end of the season.
With say, Amartey Ndidi Justin (bear with) as their back ups, you might not even need a new  CB. And yes, JJ is, assuming he recovers fully from his ACL injury, more than good enough to be one of our regular CB starters in a 3, either on the left or the right. Ndidi could be 5th choice CB and we wouldn’t miss him quite so much in midfield with Soumare’s height & physicality. I might be in a tiny minority but I think big Dan’s good enough to be 6th choice CB, though judging from the Spurs game, Rodgers might not agree.

We then play Gosens (Thomas/JJ) on the left and Castagne (Ricardo/JJ) on the right, with Wilf & Youri in CM.

The front 3 could fluidly switch between one behind a two (the one is Maddison/Perez) or three across the front from Barnes, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho & Madders.

Not sure I see a need for 2 more players to make that work? ‘Course, I’d want a left footed CB, and a RW/AM, but would they be necessary?

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Another CB would do it 

It's a huge risk to plan to implement a change to 3-4-1-2 though, so far in the last 3 seasons the only player it benefits in the whole team is Iheanacho. Nearly every other player isn't as effective in it compared to 4-2-3-1.

I don't see what the point is.

• Like 3