Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I’ve never seen him play nor even heard of him, until watching  a YouTube montage in here a few minutes ago……. which means I’m now a world-expert on the bloke and suggest this would be a wonderful signing. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Very good player. Would be a great signing if we could pull this off. 

This video says he's similar to Wes Junior. Why don't we just buy all the French under 21 team? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If madders injury issues are going to be of a similar vein to drinkwater's then we could be better off selling him now before it becomes too obvious to any buying clubs. 

Is the only reason I would contemplate selling him.

• Like 2

If I were the club I’d be open to selling Maddison. His injury issues, coupled with his off-field antics, make the prospect of selling more appealing... trouble is I wouldn’t sell for less than £60m and I don’t think anyone would pay that.

£60m would likely buy Soumare, Edouard and Trincao/Pereira, leaving any extra funds we have to put into other positions such as CB and possibly another CM/CAM to replace him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Doubt you would realistically get more than 40m for Maddison at the moment

If the rumours are true that they are willing to sell Smith-Rowe then maybe they would come for Maddison but we wouldn't sell for less than £60-70m and nobody is paying that right now. He needs to show Dec - Feb form over at least 3/4 of a season before he is seriously looked at by clubs above us in the pecking order.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If the rumours are true that they are willing to sell Smith-Rowe then maybe they would come for Maddison but we wouldn't sell for less than £60-70m and nobody is paying that right now. He needs to show Dec - Feb form over at least 3/4 of a season before he is seriously looked at by clubs above us in the pecking order.

Those are Grealish numbers, and no disrespect to James, but his injury record and/or form do not warrant those numbers right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Those are Grealish numbers, and no disrespect to James, but his injury record and/or form do not warrant those numbers right now.

Exactly but there's no way we'd sell for less as we value him in that bracket as a minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t get why anyone would sell Maddison to be honest. 

Perhaps with Barnes back, if we get a decent RW in then where would he fit if we play 442 or 4141 with two wide players and two no.8s in the four?

i think if someone came in with a serious offer then, depending on how BR wants us to set up and in light of his injury record then the powers that be might be tempted.

for what it’s worth, personally I would keep him, get him sorted out and we have all sorts of options if we get soumare in.

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t get why anyone would sell Maddison to be honest. 

His numbers this season have been incredible. Pre injury his form was excellent. In the league for example his stats look like this compared to other comparable players

Maddison 8g 7a 

Foden 9g 5a

Mount 6g 6a

Grealish 6g 12 a

And considering only Foden played less minutes than him I'd say that's pretty incredible. 

• Like 1

Madisson is a real concern but we'll never know the true extent of what's going on with him. If he is struggling with injury than that doesnt help us. Hopefully our medical team can get him back to full fitness so he can focus on getting his A game back. He's got a lot of work to do!

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

If I were the club I’d be open to selling Maddison. His injury issues, coupled with his off-field antics, make the prospect of selling more appealing... trouble is I wouldn’t sell for less than £60m and I don’t think anyone would pay that.

£60m would likely buy Soumare, Edouard and Trincao/Pereira, leaving any extra funds we have to put into other positions such as CB and possibly another CM/CAM to replace him. 

....£60m will never cover those three players!!!

• Like 2