Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Twitter Transfer Rumours

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Doubt it at that price.

Strongly suspect we'll finally go for Tawkowski given he's only a year on his contract and has some much needed experience. Plus he's not in the England squad either so will have had a rested summer.

He'd be my preference personally.

I am sure Rodgers would like him but he is a key player for Burnley and Dyche would be mighty pissed off if he joined us. He could let him run his contract down and see how it stands in a years time. Of course if he already has is eyes on a replacement he may let him go . What price for a 28 y.o. C.B. your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I am sure Rodgers would like him but he is a key player for Burnley and Dyche would be mighty pissed off if he joined us. He could let him run his contract down and see how it stands in a years time. Of course if he already has is eyes on a replacement he may let him go . What price for a 28 y.o. C.B. your guess is as good as mine.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Burnley WILL NOT let £15m walk away next year for free..... They are one of the tightest clubs in the division. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We will end up with Tarky, 100%

As a back 3 it would give us decent cover so it makes sense and to be honest we've had our arses tanned on set peices and corners this year.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, Burnley WILL NOT let £15m walk away next year for free..... They are one of the tightest clubs in the division. 

thinking about Burnley's new owners used up a lot of the clubs cash reserves to pay off the loan they took out to buy the club, so yeah they will defo look to cash in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turlo said:

thinking about Burnley's new owners used up a lot of the clubs cash reserves to pay off the loan they took out to buy the club, so yeah they will defo look to cash in. 

Is that true? They took out a loan to buy the club, then used the clubs doh to pay the loan?! That's fvcking outrageous!

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Is that true? They took out a loan to buy the club, then used the clubs doh to pay the loan?! That's fvcking outrageous!

either to pay off the shareholders or pay off part of the loan - i don't fully understand just remember it being discussed at the time

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-club-90m-worse-off-and-loaded-with-debt#:~:text=The new chairman Alan Pace,improve the club's historic home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Problem is, he’ll basically lose tarkowski past jan anyway. He’ll have probably already got his next club or making sure he dosent get injured, you’ll get him at 60% effort max. Better off selling and investing.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

5 hours ago, turlo said:

Chelsea looking to offload Callum Hudson-Odoi according to Dean Jones at Eurosport. Possible loan if they can't get a decent fee for him.

I don't think I've ever seen him do anything good considering he's on over 100k pw and Bayern Munich were after him.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't think I've ever seen him do anything good considering he's on over 100k pw and Bayern Munich were after him.

Like many wide forwards, he seems to have a game where he looks very dangerous followed by a few where he doesn't. I think he has the ability to make a mug of full backs, just doesn't do it nearly often enough. I suppose that's why the very best wingers/wide forwards are rare and cost an absolute fortune.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, happy85 said:

I read the youth player threads all the time and honestly have never heard of this guy. Training with 1st team yet?

Edited by SO1

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

He came from Spurs I believe! 

Wonder if he's any good? Buy him from Spurs and turn him over for a profit to Southampton. We've hit the big time now. Starting to feel like Chelsea:ph34r:. Levy will be pissed.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Wonder if he's any good? Buy him from Spurs and turn him over for a profit to Southampton. We've hit the big time now. Starting to feel like Chelsea:ph34r:. Levy will be pissed.

Apparently he was just about to start training with the first team, but being of typical Spurs decent he thought getting onto a field with champions was too

much so he went and sat back in the changing rooms - watching a documentary on Bottling drinks apparently.

On 25/05/2021 at 08:19, Foxy_Bear said:

13 goals, 10 assists in 39 games. Players player of the year, fans player of the year for the side that finished second...

What's your definition of setting the league alight? 

On 25/05/2021 at 08:25, AjcW said:

I'd assume 'not watching a single minute of championship football' was the basis for their comment lol 

Unfortunately, I suffered the misfortune of watching a few Watford games lol (to track Troost-Ekong). You think the Puel Gruel was a tedious watch...  

No need to belabor the point as it's all largely relative and ultimately personal opinions, but Sarr actually tallied FOUR (4) assists in 39 games (not 10 assists), and a couple of his goals were penalty-kicks (which he wouldn't be taking for us). As for being Watford's POTY, who else was he in competition with? Fat Troy Deeney? 

If we are looking to push on from where we presently are (and have been the last two seasons), we should be looking beyond the likes of Sarr, who's a decent enough player but would not (IMHO) upgrade us. 

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1