Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

13 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

We can't sign him til July 1st.  At the earliest.

Unless I'm wrong.

Could announce it right now if we wanted to, but yes he technically wouldn't join the club until July 1st

15 hours ago, wattolcfc said:

Not at Morrisons? Defo not signing then, started a new job as an estate agent FFS

We had someone from Harrison Murray come to value our house and funnily enough, they do on occasions sort housing out for players. Often through player liaison officer though.

Well, that's what he told me.

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Could announce it right now if we wanted to, but yes he technically wouldn't join the club until July 1st

Can you explain why this would be the case? I thought if he was being sold vs. out of contract it would be ok.

19 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Can you explain why this would be the case? I thought if he was being sold vs. out of contract it would be ok.

I think it is because the European transfer window doesn’t open until 1st July, can’t fully complete a transfer outside the window and all that

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

I think clubs are free to buy/sell players whenever they like, but there's not much point of doing so outside of a transfer window as the player can't be registered at the new club. I think players out of contract might be different as they can be registered at any time provided there is space in the club's 25-man squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think it is because the European transfer window doesn’t open until 1st July, can’t fully complete a transfer outside the window and all that

I thought the rule was if for, for example, Lille are selling Soumare to us then the transfer window that matters is ours (9th June) so they can sell outside of their own window to us, but they can't buy until their date of 1st July? Could be wrong

30 minutes ago, apollo4joe said:

I thought the rule was if for, for example, Lille are selling Soumare to us then the transfer window that matters is ours (9th June) so they can sell outside of their own window to us, but they can't buy until their date of 1st July? Could be wrong

Ye this was my understanding as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weller54 said:

Think that was my line!!.

You'll be hearing from my solicitor.😁

I wouldn't be claiming the credit if I were you.  It's a bit like dropping a spicy guff in a crowded room and immediately putting your hand up.

15 hours ago, Sly said:

This transfer has been ongoing longer than Nicky Maynard at this point. 

This thread's page count is far too small to be compared to the saga that is the Nicky Maynard attempted transfer. 

• Like 1