Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

33 minutes ago, Nick said:

Well if this gets announced tomorrow I’ll be very pleased. Will this have selling ramifications for us? Soumare is a modern 6 or 8 which basically means he can get game time in the Ndidi or Youri role/positions and offer something a bit different in each going forward carrying. Does this mean we try and get a fee for Mendy whilst there’s is still something left on his contract?

More likely Choudhury I’d think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just don't see where he fits in if KDH is going to feature and we keep Youri and Maddison (strongly hope so)

Yep, no point of him being on the wage bill if he’s not first or second choice in any position.

6 hours ago, Nick said:

Well if this gets announced tomorrow I’ll be very pleased. Will this have selling ramifications for us? Soumare is a modern 6 or 8 which basically means he can get game time in the Ndidi or Youri role/positions and offer something a bit different in each going forward carrying. Does this mean we try and get a fee for Mendy whilst there’s is still something left on his contract?

IMO, two in every position =

Ndidi, Mendy 

Tielemans, Soumaré 

Maddison, Perez 

KDH as the spare that can cover a few different roles and needs first team experience in the squad. Probably Sowah in that bracket, too, but worth noting both of those will need registering in the squad I think? 

Praet & Hamza to be moved on. For what it's worth, I'd personally rather keep Praet than Perez, but we'll find it easier to get money for Praet and I do believe the rumblings that he isn't happy with his playing time here. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ndidi, Mendy 

Tielemans, Soumaré 

Maddison, Perez 

KDH as the spare that can cover a few different roles and needs first team experience in the squad. Probably Sowah in that bracket, too, but worth noting both of those will need registering in the squad I think? 

Praet & Hamza to be moved on. For what it's worth, I'd personally rather keep Praet than Perez, but we'll find it easier to get money for Praet and I do believe the rumblings that he isn't happy with his playing time here. 

I agree with the two in every position, yeah. Though Soumare can play both roles, I bet if Ndidi or Tielemans require subbing off Soumare will be first sub for either position! 

Though when we require playing a second string Mendy and Soumare I'm sure will play but I expect Mendy's PL playing time if the other three are fit to be very minimal indeed.

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ndidi, Mendy 

Tielemans, Soumaré 

Maddison, Perez 

Imo we should keep Praet, and let Perez leave ,I believe praet has more to offer than Perez,

• Like 3

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, Nick said:

I agree with the two in every position, yeah. Though Soumare can play both roles, I bet if Ndidi or Tielemans require subbing off Soumare will be first sub for either position! 

Though when we require playing a second string Mendy and Soumare I'm sure will play but I expect Mendy's PL playing time if the other three are fit to be very minimal indeed.

If the things people say about how good Soumaré is are true, I don’t think he’s coming to sit on the bench or be in the second string.

2 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

If the things people say about how good Soumaré is are true, I don’t think he’s coming to sit on the bench or be in the second string.

Yeah that would mean a midfield three of Ndidi Youri and Soumare.... doesn't bode well for wide players eh? Dunno... unless of course YT or Wilf goes...

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yeah that would mean a midfield three of Ndidi Youri and Soumare.... doesn't bode well for wide players eh? Dunno... unless of course YT or Wilf goes...

I know!

I have no idea what the plan is; I’ll just be surprised if it includes Soumaré being mainly on the bench.

Back three/five with wing backs giving width?

4-3-3 with width from the front three?

Playing time will be a major factor in negotiations. While some may be content sitting on the bench with Chelsea or Man City they won't be with us. 32 appearances for the French champions suggests he will expect something similar with us unless his form collapses of course.

Edited by An Sionnach

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

or maybe it doesn’t bode well for Madders. Maybe we are selling him and buying a right winger to play 4-3-3

• Like 2

He will get a lot of game time once he has settled in.   Can see us changing formations depending on who we are playing and him playing alongside Tielemans and Ndidi in certain games to allow us to control the midfield more, hence not just replacing one of them.   

Looking forward to seeing what KDH can do this year too.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AS78UK said:

He will get a lot of game time once he has settled in.   Can see us changing formations depending on who we are playing and him playing alongside Tielemans and Ndidi in certain games to allow us to control the midfield more, hence not just replacing one of them.   

Looking forward to seeing what KDH can do this year too.   

Agreed. Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Soumaré, Praet and KDH is a sensational set of midfielders for a club like ours. (Assuming Praet stays, but that spot could easily be Mendy, expect Hamza to go) 

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agreed. Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Soumaré, Praet and KDH is a sensational set of midfielders for a club like ours. (Assuming Praet stays, but that spot could easily be Mendy, expect Hamza to go) 

The only way Praet is still here is if one of Maddison or Tielemans aren't.

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah if I were him I would leave, but doubt we will let him go cheaply, he is a quality player and should go for not far from what we paid. 

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Should Praet decide to pursue a career elsewhere, and in his own interests it maybe wise to do so, then do people feel we have sufficient cover in midfield with Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Soumare,  KDH, Perez and Mendy, assuming Choudhury leaves as well?

On 15/06/2021 at 13:26, justfoxes said:

well I suppose it could of been worse it could have been Spurs or even worse for Fuchs sake I could be going to the Goonies, well at least Leicester are ambitious and off to Europe !

It was just a joke about the picture. But you're right about those awful alternatives.