Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Match Thread

Timekeeping is a joke. Spent the half refusing to take goal kicks and throw ins then the token added time substitution. My most used phrase tonight "Have they taken it yet?" after the replays and the balls still not back in play. Cowards Southampton, let us know when you fancy a proper game.

• Like 1

Castagne very poor today. Gave away the freekick that led to the penalty. Crosses were poor. Kept passing backwards. 

Vardy clearly lacking confidence at the moment.

Not sure why we kept Ndidi on when we needed some one who can hit a shot and we don’t need defenders.

Maddison a bit invisible.

Not sure why all the short corners. Most are wasteful.

Rodgers is probably happy with the “control” but I think we lack urgency and were too slow.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, supernuk said:

Think overall there should have been an extra 5 minutes. 3 minutes in the first half should have been 6.

Yes, and the ref bottled clamping down on the excessive timewasting before every goal kick, throw in and free kick. Not that we'd have done anything with the time. 

I wanna slap Timmy sometimes for not being more positive and keeping the ball moving forwards. Too many times it goes back. So not too many subs today, what does everyone think? did Rogers miss a trick?

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

What the fvck is going on with Maddison? 

Nothing. Everyone just joining the bandwagon in castigating our players for not playing like Messi. Not knowing the definition of 'supporting' a player. People acting like he played like Junior Lewis. 

Nowhere near that. Some fans just love the hyperbole. He's clearly a talented player who is just out of form. Maybe it's his injury still playing on his mind. If we sold every player who dipped in and out of form we wouldn't have a squad. It actually annoys me more seeing how many people clamour to sell him or hate him as opposed to what he tries to do during a game. 

• Like 1