Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Disgusting. Bullying of the highest form. Power has gone to his head :ph34r:

5216247.jpg

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hope this actually has a good effect for next season onwards. 

First time the pitch is getting properly dug up since stadium opened? 

Think so, if what we read a few months back is to believed this is a complete redo of the pitch rather than just relaying. 

You'd hope this helps our style of play more. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Looking forward to the Charity Shield honestly 

I'm not. The last time we were in it was the point I realized something was very wrong and we were going to struggle in the following season. 

The tabloids are circling around Youri, linking him to Liverpool (now Wijnaldum is leaving) and also Manchester United. More than any of our players he's the one I fear we might lose. If he plays well in the Euros (I presume he's playing) then it'll be hard for us to hold onto him. 

Newcastle are a toxic club. Fans against owner, fans against manager, journalist against manager, managers son against journalists, pundits against fans.

Not a single fox called up for the provisional England squad (as expected)

Good for us I would say. A good reality check for Maddison, a welcome rest and recovery for anyone not involved in the tournament. 

Dear Roberto, please look after our boys! 

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Newcastle are a toxic club. Fans against owner, fans against manager, journalist against manager, managers son against journalists, pundits against fans.

The joys of having an owner that couldn't care less about the club or fans as long as his mates are looked after.

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not a single fox called up for the provisional England squad (as expected)

Good for us I would say. A good reality check for Maddison, a welcome rest and recovery for anyone not involved in the tournament. 

Dear Roberto, please look after our boys! 

Also think it's crazy when you look at the squad we've ended up with.... we'd have comfortably had 3 out of 33 in that squad if we'd had a season free of injuries for Barnes, JJ and Madders. Hopefully all three will regain fitness and form in time for December 2022.

• Like 2

Whoops just realized you guys are chatting about England on this thread (i just created a new one) oh well.

Yeh considering we've been a standout team other than man city of course this season we have literally become invisible for England.

However our Belgian trio will be strongly representing their country (My pick for the eventual winners and Portugal).

So the division is complete.

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Brentford

Brighton
Burnley
Chelsea

Crystal Palace
Everton
Leeds
Leicester
Liverpool
Man City

Man Utd

Norwich

Newcastle

Southampton

Tottenham

Watford

West Ham

Wolves

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So the division is complete.

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Brentford

Brighton
Burnley
Chelsea

Crystal Palace
Everton
Leeds
Leicester
Liverpool
Man City

Man Utd

Norwich

Newcastle

Southampton

Tottenham

Watford

West Ham

Wolves

Excited already!

Can see one of the consistent relegation flirters going next year. Newcastle, Palace, Burnley etc 

If Norwich have learnt from their previous experience then I think they could do alright. Watford have kept a decent squad together but their management situation is always trouble. People will assume Brentford will do well because they play decent football but same was  said about Fulham. 

Make no bones about it, all three sides that come up need to invest significantly. 

Has there ever been a season where all 3 promoted teams stayed up? 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can see one of the consistent relegation flirters going next year. Newcastle, Palace, Burnley etc 

If Norwich have learnt from their previous experience then I think they could do alright. Watford have kept a decent squad together but their management situation is always trouble. People will assume Brentford will do well because they play decent football but same was  said about Fulham. 

I assume the opposite for Brentford tbh but I'd be cool if they stay up 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Make no bones about it, all three sides that come up need to invest significantly. 

2017/18 I think- Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield.

I think if we keep all our best players 

Sign a few quality new ones

Stay injury free

Be lucky with VAR

Promote a world beater from our academy 

Get some Thai monks to bless the pitch 

We might hang on to top four this time 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah it’s happened 3 times 👍

Next season is going to be interesting. For once the best and 3 worst side are switching places. Any of the 3 could stay up possibly all if they invest well. 

could be another bonkers season. I’m sure some of the lower end teams will be a little concerned.