Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

58 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Absolutely no chance man City don't sign kane and grealish now.

Gotta think kane sees that and just wants to leave even more. Kane def going to man city

55 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He's got 1 more to win, the Euro's.

Come back in a few weeks to tick that off too.

League cup? What about the community shield? Lol

Edited by Jattdogg

39 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Well, We've finally made it at last, had a great day out at Wembley, We didn't play particularly well but controlled the game from the off and the Swans were poor, At least we won't be selling any of our "star" players for the first time in a few years and that will help us keep some continuity, we will have to strengthen in a couple of places, perhaps with a couple of experienced players, but won't be going over the top, We have a very astute and stable owner and support team who will already have a campaign mapped out ready for the PL 

I very much like the style of football you play and look forward to you visiting our new home, hopefully we will give you a good run for your money. 

Heartfelt congratulations. Been close before but now you're there. Puts an end to us wasting money on Toney too :ph34r:

• Like 1

Top 4 is gonna be really hard to break into next season. Man City are still scary most days, Tuchel has Chelsea going strong, Liverpool back to their relentless selves and Man Utd being Man Utd with lots of goals in them. The North Londoners gonna have a tough time and so are we. 

Its gonna be exciting again isn't it? 

Also lovely to finally see Brentford up. As a Dane with all their danish connections and with the way they do things, I am excited to see how their fare in the premier league.

Edited by Jonezy

3 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Top 4 is gonna be really hard to break into next season. Man City are still scary most days, Tuchel has Chelsea going strong, Liverpool back to their relentless selves and Man Utd being Man Utd with lots of goals in them. The North Londoners gonna have a tough time and so are we. 

Also lovely to finally see Brentford up. As a Dane with all their danish connections and with the way they do things, I am excited to see how their fare in the premier league.

Progress if not in the top 4, is finishing 5th again, finishing the season stronger and making the SF of Europa. Man utd are the most vulnerable of the 4 teams if someone misses out. They may aswell be in Europa, they will be back there again after 6 games. 

34 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Rudiger blocks someone intentionally every game at least once. When you consider the pathetic shit people get sent off for because they've touched heads or raised their hands it's ridiculous. 

I don’t think Rudiger did much wrong and I feel a yellow was about right. KDB was just unfortunate how they both collided. Rudiger knew what he was doing but you can’t give reds for that.

What he should get a red for was going down clutching his face like he was hurt when KDB actually broke his face!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Rudiger blocks someone intentionally every game at least once. When you consider the pathetic shit people get sent off for because they've touched heads or raised their hands it's ridiculous. 

Yep it was only a matter of time before he badly injured someone, but he'll cover it up by holding his face and rolling around on the ground!  On the other side of the defence they have Azpilcueta and he's just as bad for his theatrics.  Ramos does it to Salah and the English press go ape s**t, but Rudiger does it and not so much of a wimper!

5 hours ago, Jonezy said:

We are better than Spurs and Arsenal so we should realistically finish top 6. The top 4 is gonna be very hard as you said. Chelsea are a machine. It's very hard to beat them. We just gotta start really sell and accumulate so many points the first half of the season, then we will see where the chips fall at the end. But I think we are good for another top 6 finish as long as we keep building and sign the right players.

Rudegear is a master of the dark arts thats why he's getting away with what he's doing. I watched him in our game too and he was body checking and blocking all the time. Is that batman face mask to protect him or a disguise? He might be a strong physical defender but I don't like this dirty side to him. He should by now be on all the refs list for a red card as he's a serial fouler. That shoulder barge into KDB was particularly bad as he's taller and all that bone is gonna do some damage to anyones face. he didn't even attempt to get the ball he knew exactly what he was doing. Might be a stretch to say he intended to hurt but thats the risk he takes with his tactics and it should be punished. Surprised VAR didn't look at that as something insidious especially as it caused serious injury. Of course that would require balls and it would have been a game changer to put chelski down to 10 men. So in the end was the ref bias to chelski and if he went the other way be seen as bias to city? 

22 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

Well, We've finally made it at last, had a great day out at Wembley, We didn't play particularly well but controlled the game from the off and the Swans were poor, At least we won't be selling any of our "star" players for the first time in a few years and that will help us keep some continuity, we will have to strengthen in a couple of places, perhaps with a couple of experienced players, but won't be going over the top, We have a very astute and stable owner and support team who will already have a campaign mapped out ready for the PL 

I very much like the style of football you play and look forward to you visiting our new home, hopefully we will give you a good run for your money. 

Congratulations! Mad that you do it the summer after losing about 60 goals in Watkins and Benrahma but Toney has been phenomenal hasn't he and you have kept plugging away. 

Be interesting to see what signings tou make, I really felt this season you had to come up as youd struggle to continue the profile of signings you used to make from around Europe now that the transfer rules have changed. Makes it so difficult for EFL clubs who want to think outside the box like you and Norwich have done.

On 30/05/2021 at 08:44, Paul Miller said:

Very much looking forward to seeing you guys play in the PL next season. What positions do you feel like you need to strengthen? Is your midfield depth strong?

Talk of Man City wanting both grealish and Kane (but having to sell players to make it work) is increasing. Fwiw, I have no issue with this. Man City are one of the sides that we simply won’t compete with over 38 games so them strengthening whilst villa and Spurs are weakened is fine by me.  

however, there is a wider discussion to be had ....

• Like 1