Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I have always liked Burnley..

They are & have always been a spirited team & fight from 1St to last game...and every team have periods of poor form...

They bring something different & it takes all types of Football to make up a league...Dyche I believe is an honest up Front manager,

Of course like all managers he can Dance with the Bull-shit sometimes..but hey-ho...!!!

We have had ourselves nearly 120yrs from nearly 140hrs playing against the odds & isnt it where how we created our self built tag- " fearless foxees",

These last 15 years Everton have been fighting & struggling to hold-up their History & tradition...Great achievement to have been as a Club so long in the top flight.

This season began with high hopes ( again), they have had over the last years some decent Quality individuals, & managers,But maybe Time Now for another Club

to fill their High-End rolling position, and fate to give another Club a Chance of a few seasons to try and prove their worth..

But they aint gone yet..!!

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone know what Lampards record looks like against Benitez? Thinking might have been better sticking with Rafa.

Yep - Lampard is 21st out of 22, only Mike Walker (1994) is below him, Benitez is 19th. But Lampard has time to oust MW still!

They'll sort it out just in time I think. But a real warning shot for them. 

Demarai Gray washing up where he needs to be - lower reaches of the Premier league as a peripheral figure. To think, we were holding him back after the title win. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Lampard looks broken

Sounds like he’s on borrowed time. Shame really- he’s just not the guy they need in this situation. How he got the job in the first place is beyond me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

Brilliant too. He knows full well this will rattle them. Not like Knocky vs Watford where it made us seething to perform. You say this about that Everton dressing room and it crumples 

Could work the other way and completely motivate Everton. I’d be raging if I was a senior player in that dressing room hearing this. 

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Could be the Making of Lampard the manager to rekindle /rebuild Evertons aspirations from the championship...

Too many cynical low mudslinging fans  & pundits,who Love nothing more than to see successful players, wanna be managers fail...

Says more about the failed mudslinging  fans, than their tended targets..

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Could be the Making of Lampard the manager to rekindle /rebuild Evertons aspirations from the championship...

Too many cynical low mudslinging fans  & pundits,who Love nothing more than to see successful players, wanna be managers fail...

Says more about the failed mudslinging  fans, than their tended targets..

If they get relegated he won't be kept on. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Sounds like he’s on borrowed time. Shame really- he’s just not the guy they need in this situation. How he got the job in the first place is beyond me. 

Young managers have to learn....

Easy for Klopps & Pep, etc...Walking into top settled squads .Lampard taking Chelsea was far too early..

This level is where Football Find its roots, and is the simple bread + butter & Big names are created.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, it’s really hard to see Everton surviving. You can easily see Burnley taking 10-12 points from their remaining games, I don’t see how Everton can match that. I know sometimes teams at the bottom put some fight in and get unexpected results - Everton at the moment don’t appear to have that in them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If they get relegated he won't be kept on. 

Why??  has there been expectations Quoted & agreed....>honest question<

Like us with Pearson & others (Burnley) Keeping managers Building together a new ethos & character, like It said could help both...

Why Keep Throwing out money in the false direction, with false reasoning. Build together...Lampard has still a long Way to develope & prove to himself First

if he's got 'it'

I Think we need the Gerrards & Lampards from within the game to find various levels of achievements & give us not Short stories that fade,but long ones that

Feed the football-romance..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J. James said:

What a player cornet is, used to think he was a flake and a bit of a softee but I'd rate him a 99 now 😐 we should buy him if we can raise the lolly

Beware! According to Burnley fans, Cornet has been gash since returning from AFCON...

8 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Beware! According to Burnley fans, Cornet has been gash since returning from AFCON...

It feels like he’s been carrying injuries all season. We would break him in minutes. 

“Don’t give china to toddlers”

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 1