Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Chloe_77 said:

Headlines like this always confuse me. 

If you're gonna sack a guy for losing to teams comfortably above you in the league, why not just sack him? 

It's not like they're games against Norwich or Watford. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If they kept Rafa they probably wouldn't be in this position right now

Dunno man, he got them into that position in the first place. He had lost 9 in 13 when sacked.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Headlines like this always confuse me. 

If you're gonna sack a guy for losing to teams comfortably above you in the league, why not just sack him? 

It's not like they're games against Norwich or Watford. 

I think the idea is that by letting them carry on and lose against sides they’d expect to lose against it avoids the new manager getting off to a bad start. It’s a psychological thing I guess. Personally I think it makes sense to do it that way. 

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno man, he got them into that position in the first place. He had lost 9 in 13 when sacked.

In the premier league you don’t get away with the bargain bin signings he was forced to do. He inherited a trash team and had little power to fix it and a fan base who wanted him to fail. 

It amazes me that people don’t acknowledge that he actually got that team winning games at the start of the season. If the fans don’t back a manager, the players drop off so much quicker. 

Such an Everton thing to do, but I think it’s hard to blame rafa’s management 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

In the premier league you don’t get away with the bargain bin signings he was forced to do. He inherited a trash team and had little power to fix it and a fan base who wanted him to fail. 

It amazes me that people don’t acknowledge that he actually got that team winning games at the start of the season. If the fans don’t back a manager, the players drop off so much quicker. 

Such an Everton thing to do, but I think it’s hard to blame rafa’s management 

He inherited a team that had just finished 10th the previous season, and while the final table was tight, they only finished 3 or 4 points behind Spurs.

I think people do acknowledge he started the season winning games, but that quickly turned. As I said, he'd lost 9 games in 13 when they sacked him.

They'd lost away at Norwich, away at Brentford and lost home games against Watford (who scored 5) and Brighton (who scored 3).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He inherited a team that had just finished 10th the previous season, and while the final table was tight, they only finished 3 or 4 points behind Spurs.

I think people do acknowledge he started the season winning games, but that quickly turned. As I said, he'd lost 9 games in 13 when they sacked him.

They'd lost away at Norwich, away at Brentford and lost home games against Watford (who scored 5) and Brighton (who scored 3).

There were some remarkable fan meltdowns in there too. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They have a 10 day break after their game tomorrow. 

I think if they get thrashed they'll sack FL and use that time to get a new manager in for their game against us. 

Can they afford that? Im really not sure where the money would come from?  If they got relegated anyway they would have just spunked their parachute payments and then some on lampard. Plus the type of manager that could keep them up probably isnt the man for a promotion charge.