Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Lampard is obviously an intelligent guy and was a smart player but thats not translating at all into management.

Maybe its the other side of management that he lacks, like man management. On top of Everton being a general mess of course.

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Lampard is obviously an intelligent guy and was a smart player but thats not translating at all into management.

Maybe its the other side of management that he lacks, like man management. On top of Everton being a general mess of course.

You could be right with this as I remember his player fines didn’t go down well when he was at Chelsea 

33 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The fact that Everton are in free fall always makes me think they'll beat us....:D

On that subject, The reason I want Everton to go down is so we don't have to play them! I read somewhere that, historically, the team we have fared WORST against is ....  ...Everton! I find that really hard to believe as our record against the 4 main London clubs is ABYSMAL - really bad stretching back 60 years! Until recently we were pretty sorry against Man U, too.

Has anybody else heard this about ourselves and Everton, or have I got my wires crossed?

Anyway, two defeats incoming:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

On that subject, The reason I want Everton to go down is so we don't have to play them! I read somewhere that, historically, the team we have fared WORST against is ....  ...Everton! I find that really hard to believe as our record against the 4 main London clubs is ABYSMAL - really bad stretching back 60 years! Until recently we were pretty sorry against Man U, too.

Has anybody else heard this about ourselves and Everton, or have I got my wires crossed?

Everton have been a top flight side since the 50's though so we'd have played them every season we were in the top flight.

Clubs like Man Utd, Spurs etc have been relegated in that time.

I'd have thought our record against Arsenal is worse though.

Edited by Fox92

18 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Thought it was funny Dyche saying Everton don't know how to win after Burnley get just their 4th win of the season...and it's April.

Old Gravelthroat has certainly grown on me since those Pound Notes days in the Championship.
Think him and Brendan need to do a David-Brent-Off to raise some dosh for charity. :brendan:

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I heard a snippet of his interview last night and the person interviewing asked him why the players were struggling to put away chances, could it be confidence is an issue?

Then Lampard replied something along the lines of "it doesnt matter what it is, if it is confidence, the only way I knew how to get over that was to keep at it in training and matches"

That'd be ringing massive alarm bells for me, in that he's not got the nouse to manage different types of personalities, especially when the chips are down.

1) It definitely does matter what the reason is. You need to figure that out and address it.

2) There's not a one size fits all approach to managing people and helping them to perform.

As a neutral though, I love watching games where Lampard is a manager as it tends to be pure chaos on the pitch :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I heard a snippet of his interview last night and the person interviewing asked him why the players were struggling to put away chances, could it be confidence is an issue?

Then Lampard replied something along the lines of "it doesnt matter what it is, if it is confidence, the only way I knew how to get over that was to keep at it in training and matches"

That'd be ringing massive alarm bells for me, in that he's not got the nouse to manage different types of personalities, especially when the chips are down.

1) It definitely does matter what the reason is. You need to figure that out and address it.

2) There's not a one size fits all approach to managing people and helping them to perform.

As a neutral though, I love watching games where Lampard is a manager as it tends to be pure chaos on the pitch :D

Good point.

He never really had long bad spells as a player from what I remember so maybe this approach of 'just get on with it' worked for him as a player when he had a couple of bad games, and maybe he is naively thinking it will work for his own players.

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Good point.

He never really had long bad spells as a player from what I remember so maybe this approach of 'just get on with it' worked for him as a player when he had a couple of bad games, and maybe he is naively thinking it will work for his own players.

Great players rarely make great managers, I thought he was perfectly set up to take over from Lineker if the BBC ever pension him off that is.

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everton will definitely win one of their games against us, reckon we'll win one and they'll win one.

I pray Burnley can win two out of their next three to put Everton under some serious pressure.

Reckon if Chris Wood was still there, they'd be a few places higher.

Weghoust seems very much hit-and-miss.

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Since 1994 its 10 - 6 to Everton in wins and an awful lot of draws.

Chelsea are 10 - 5 over the same time period so at a guess I'd say crossed wires bud.

Ps be confident! 😁