Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

We've made it very difficult for ourselves....the only chance we have now is for our big players to take the last three games by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward. 

If our top players can't do that, then maybe they aren't at the level yet for a top European side.

Turned off after 2-0 but looks like we're out of gas and ideas.

Making sloppy mistakes and being punished.

Only got ourselves to blame.

The remaining games aren't as daunting as the media would have you believe but we're our own worst enemies at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kierzz said:

We've made it very difficult for ourselves....the only chance we have now is for our big players to take the last three games by the scruff of the neck and drive the team forward. 

If our top players can't do that, then maybe they aren't at the level yet for a top European side.

If they can’t take the game “by the scruff of the neck” against a team near the bottom, it doesn’t fill me with confidence that it’ll happen against Man U, Chelsea. 

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe playing against better sides without so much pressure will help. But after watching us against Southampton and Newcastle, then I don’t hold up much hope. 

• Like 4

Might be unusual, might be purely due to Maddison being unfit/off, but we looked so much better when Ayoze came on, sigh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Might be unusual, might be purely due to Maddison being unfit/off, but we looked so much better when Ayoze came on, sigh.

..there was quite a few people who wanted Perez to play instead of Maddison!!!

I feel we are looking for goals from him as opposed to adding another man to our midfield and support to our strikers. 

In the position he now plays he offers more than Maddison but with Maddison there is a tendency to select him for what he could bring. I certainly felt he should have been dragged earlier last night put Rodgers either has a tremendous amount of faith in his abilities or could not bring himself to pull the trigger. 

We need to change the shape next game, Soyuncu is in the mire playing in a back three. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We actually looked better once Maddison had come off for mendy. But I think that’s because Newcastle sat off and the shape was better again.

Edited by teblin

Pathetic, but is anyone surprised? Any big game when we’re under pressure to deliver or we have an opportunity to capitalise on these bunch of ****ers always bottle it. Literally deja vue from last season. We have a chance to win last night and nearly seal top four, instead we get absolutely thrashed by one of the worst teams in the league. 
Games like last night we never just go out and get at teams. We’re passive, pathetic and disorganised. Fell to bits. Absolutely raging still to be honest 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Since the Man City game. Once you charge Youri in midfield we just can't cope. Newcastle did it to Nidi too.

If I can see it clearly. Surely this should be picked up the management. 

.. bringing in Soumare next season will change all that!!!

Wilf will get to do his thing as the defensive midfielder and Youri will be released as Soumare will cover every else in the middle of the park, a bit of steel. 

What is really frustrating is that even if we were vaguely on it last night we’d have won. 

we could’ve easily scored 4 ourselves with the chances we had. And that’s with us playing poorly.

• Like 1

What’s happened to the team from the start of the season? We have absolutely nothing down the flanks, trying to accommodate 3 centre backs simply doesn't work, as great as a prospect fofana is, changing our formation and trying to accommodate him is proving detrimental to our play. I can’t wait to see Justin and Barnes back to full fitness. Just hope they’re the same players. 

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

If they can’t take the game “by the scruff of the neck” against a team near the bottom, it doesn’t fill me with confidence that it’ll happen against Man U, Chelsea. 

Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe playing against better sides without so much pressure will help. But after watching us against Southampton and Newcastle, then I don’t hold up much hope. 

The one counter argument to that is all season we've been surprising against the top teams, and a lot of our defeats have come against teams we'd expect to be beating. It's do or die time, we've made it a lot harder for ourselves, but we'll see if they've got what it takes!

Well, if people are convinced that 352 is the cause of our ills, then we have little choice but to play a diamond?

Smikes 

Ricky Fofana Cags. Luke/Timmy

Wilf

Youri.  Praet

Ayoze/Madders

Kel.  Vardy 

Zero width.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Leicester fan here, coming in peace.

That was a truly heinous performance. 

There are zero excuses for our performance.

Newcastle set up well and followed their game plan, but we made everything so easy for them.

I understand that we're not at the level where we can sew up a champions league position with 3 games to go, but there was a clear path to follow, win against Southampton and Newcastle and we can set ourselves with a huge chance of qualification with the remaining 3 games, it would be on our terms instead of watching other teams results. 

I know we can't just win every game, but at least we can challenge every game, there was no challenge or cohesion from vital positions on the pitch. Soyuncu in defence, Ndidi, Maddison, Ricardo in midfield, Vardy and Iheanacho up front. 

That's NOT singling out those players because everything else that needs to happen in game of football to make those players work didn't i.e Castagne, Tielemans, Albrighton and whoever else was on that pitch, I don't care. 

It was all about Brendan though, I came to the game just after it had kicked off and was surprised to see no Evans, but then even more surprised to see Brendan had remained with a back 3.

We saw what happened to the back 3 when Soyuncu was out, I'm confident it only works when it comprises Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu, take one of them out and it collapses. 

It was clear Ndidi wasn't on it, but Brendan didn't bring him off at half time. (He should have come after 10 minutes)

It was clear we had no width and Castagne and Ricardo were taking the same positions, he did adjust this but that situation was obviously going to happen from the selection and formation. 

It was clear that Vardy had more room through the centre, but we never adjusted to allow Maddison more influence.

It was clear Maddison was not going to influence that game after 15 minutes, he should have been subbed at half time for Praet. 

After the final whistle, the director and producer knew exactly which camera to take, the one focussed on James Maddison's glum face, to me, that's where the story is. 

I just don't get it that Brendan has worked so hard at giving us options and the ability to switch tactics mid-game yet his every move or lack of it, went horribly wrong last night. 

This is a game where I can side with the toaster posters on here. 

I am at a loss as too why people expected us to change from 352 due to Evans injury 5 minutes before kick off. It’s madness and totally unrealistic, and just reeks of pantie wetting, it was never ever ever ever going to happen. lol

There is a case to say you should have been prepared for the Jonny injury, he has been carrying a knock, but that’s a different question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am at a loss as too why people expected us to change from 352 due to Evans injury 5 minutes before kick off. It’s madness and totally unrealistic, and just reeks of pantie wetting, it was never ever ever ever going to happen. lol

There is a case to say you should have been prepared for the Jonny injury, he has been carrying a knock, but that’s a different question.

How do you explain changes to formation during a game e.g 15 minutes, 30 minutes, half-time, 60 minutes, 80 minutes at any point during the game we can shift. 

There is no set time limit on changes to formation and shape, we've proved they can happen instantly during a game, so why can it not happen 5 minutes before?

10 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

What’s happened to the team from the start of the season? We have absolutely nothing down the flanks, trying to accommodate 3 centre backs simply doesn't work, as great as a prospect fofana is, changing our formation and trying to accommodate him is proving detrimental to our play. I can’t wait to see Justin and Barnes back to full fitness. Just hope they’re the same players. 

..we are not doing this to accommodate Fofana!!!

It is at the moment the best opportunity Rodgers sees to get the best out of the team, as at present we only have one winger available. 

We could go to a back four against United with Thomas in the left back position, which would suit us more but with Evans out, you worry about the two Centre Backs as they are usually far too eager to step in to win the ball.