Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

With hindsight, wonder if startling Fuchs at LCB would have been sensible? (Vocal old head and all)

Crossed my mind, couldn’t have been much worse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

With hindsight, wonder if startling Fuchs at LCB would have been sensible? (Vocal old head and all)

Not a bad idea on paper, unfortunately fitness wise I think he'd have snapped hamstring trying to keep up with Maxi or Wilson. If we were sitting in deep then it wouldn't be a bad shout at all, with our suicide high line though I think he'd have been done over as much as the others.

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Players are too nice to each other. When did we last see someone have a go at a teammate or motivate them to be better. Kasper is only one but he shouts at noone in particular and it's usually because it was his mistake. Someone to grab the game and say this isn't good enough. Doesn't come from the bench either. 

Maybe they could all circle Maddison and beat **** out of him 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No because he wasn’t involved in the warm up as he wasn’t in the original squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Doubt it. He would fit in perfectly there on the evidence of tonight's bottling.

We have lost 10 matches league games so far this season, flattered to deceive and in reality a mid table side which has over achieved this season .

Just read that Rodgers is blaming the players, after he set them up to fail lol

Honestly, I do wonder if Top will be half tempted to look around at managers in the summer. We can't keep having this every season. Rodgers sh*tting the bed and killing the players confidence for the last stretch.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Not a bad idea on paper, unfortunately fitness wise I think he'd have snapped hamstring trying to keep up with Maxi or Wilson. If we were sitting in deep then it wouldn't be a bad shout at all, with our suicide high line though I think he'd have been done over as much as the others.

Yeah, his lack of mobility would have likely been found out, but the experience could have helped, but it is what it is, massively disappointing all over the park. 

2 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Maybe they could all circle Maddison and beat **** out of him 

That's unnecessary and OTT...

We all know a gentle nudge would cause him more than sufficient pain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

My wife is currently 40 weeks pregnant with due date today.  I was cracking jokes at work today that the baby better hold on until the match was done. 

By time the third goal went in, I was pretty much praying that my wife would start her labour to distract me from the woeful performance!

No No, Tell her to hold on.

The last thing you need is a constant reminder of that performance.

Giver her my best wishes. It's always a worry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

I know he’s not going to be here but surely Under was a better option than Thomas and Mendy tonight 

Him not coming on in the last 2 games when we were desperate shows a worrying sign that Rodgers won't move away from 3 at the back until next season at the earliest. Even at 2/3/4 down he made the most bizarre subs that maintained 3 at the back and gave us zero width and the entire middle of the pitch horribly congested.

So frustrating, don't have any wingers playing in the U23's either to call on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Blur said:

My wife is currently 40 weeks pregnant with due date today.  I was cracking jokes at work today that the baby better hold on until the match was done. 

By time the third goal went in, I was pretty much praying that my wife would start her labour to distract me from the woeful performance!

If the baby does come out early, don't worry, Cags will be playing it onside.

• Haha 3

With Evans out it looked like the babysitter had left the kids in charge of the house with how Cags and Fofana played! I’d have given Amartey a crack at CB rather than moving Castagne inside where his effectiveness is nullified. Attitude was all wrong, they looked clueless. Maddison looks unfit and he’s got a face like a smacked arse right now. Perez in for him at the moment for me. Is it mentality, is it fitness, is it both? We still hold a good position but we need to show how much we want it. Do this group want it enough? We’ve come on in many ways this season, but every chance we pass up to secure top four, the harder it’s going to get each season. European football next year for two years on the trot would be fantastic, but you can’t keep passing up opportunities. They’ve got a cup final to work for, if that’s no incentive, then nothing is

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

Guest Fktf
11 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Congrats mate. Hope it all goes OK whenever the time comes. First one?