Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Love Brendan and think he's a great fit for Leicester but his lack of reacting to certain situations, makes me wonder how anyone is going to spunk millions on getting him out of his current contract. 

After the Cup final, we'll all be thinking he's God again, though 😄

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've genuinely been speechless for about 30 minutes now, it's taken me a while to compose myself.

What the **** was that? One of the worst performances we've seen in the past couple of seasons. Evans going off injured didn't help, but we should still have enough to be competitive against that Newcastle side, although we shouldn't obviously just expect to win. We did **** all for 80 minutes, just kept getting counter attacked and making silly defensive errors leading to goals.

I could easily pick flaws in each player but they were all shocking really. The attacking options on the bench were poor, we really need a couple of attackers this summer, fed up of signing wingers like Diabate and Under, for them to do piss all and then we replace them within 12-24 months and start the whole process again.

We need some characters in the summer, a couple of leaders, I had hoped Castagne might be that but it appears not. I honestly think we should sign one or two players who are late 20s or even early 30s, lets get some experience and calm heads in the place.

I’ve said for a long time we need a no-nonsense box to box midfielder who can pull the strings along with a LB, RW and a forward that’s the minimum amount of players we should bring in 

We have the nucleus of a very good side, and it would be heartbreaking if we don’t make big changes this summer and keep it going, I suppose where we finish will make a big difference 

We could go in to full melt down mode over this. We could have the opinion that we’re going to fall out of the top 4 again and that someone will come in for our best players, and even BR and then before you know it, we’re back to midtable. But let’s be rational. There is a very good chance that westham will lose at least one of their last 4 games which will make it a lot easier on us. It’s not over yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

58pi6t.jpg

I really don't get why he was so pissed off with the performance against West Brom.

It genuinely makes me ask the question was it too positive and exciting for him? :crylaugh:

The fact he seems ok with the performances since makes me think that could be the case.

Madness.

The problem is if we dont break top 4 this season its how we pick up the players we have to keep motivated. Tough ****ing ask to keep at it (hovering around top 4) for three seasons in a row, especially if we dont recruit and improve meaningfully, which is in itself harder if we dont finish top 4.

52 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

We’re Leicester, not Arsenal, and this is the Premier League where anybody can beat anybody. We have no right to expect. Having said that, we were shit.

We have the right to expect them to at least show some fight.

53 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I dare any of you b*stards to find anything positive about that sh*t show 😡

It makes me feel better about not having a ticket for Wembley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jakemoore said:

We could go in to full melt down mode over this. We could have the opinion that we’re going to fall out of the top 4 again and that someone will come in for our best players, and even BR and then before you know it, we’re back to midtable. But let’s be rational. There is a very good chance that westham will lose at least one of their last 4 games which will make it a lot easier on us. It’s not over yet.

And liverpool ?

And in any case, we don’t look like we would be capable of beating shepshed at the moment ....... I don’t think 66 is going to be enough so we need to get a win and a draw out of those three to even have a shout .......

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

It isn't about what West Ham do any more.

We probably need to win our last three games to finish above both them and Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Think it is...

Can't see us picking up another point.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I really don't get why he was so pissed off with the performance against West Brom.

It genuinely makes me ask the question was it too positive and exciting for him? :crylaugh:

The fact he seems ok with the performances since makes me think that could be the case.

Madness.

I think he was trying to be clever, setting a high bar and trying to show he expected high standards. Unfortunately, he forgot his team has confidence levels about as solid as a house built out of crepe paper and sparrow bones, and the confidence slid away down the drain again, for about the 50th time its happened to this set of players.

• Like 1

It has to be a mentality issue with some of them. Generally they are good players but they are showing they can’t handle the crunch moments in a season. 
Soyuncu imploded at Bournemouth and same again tonight.

Was the worst I’ve ever seen Ndidi play.

The decline in Ricardo is both staggering and so sad.

Maddison slows everything down so much, needs to speed up his game, 1 and 2 touch.

Vardy is a real worry, it’s one thing not scoring but he doesn’t even look a threat and his general build up play is piss poor.

• Like 1