Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Without Evans there was a complete lack of leadership on the pitch.

Compare that to the leaders who we had in the 15/16 team. It wasn't always pretty at the end of that season but they kept grinding out results under immense pressure, knowing this would probably be their one chance to win the league.

By contrast, this team look like scared little boys when the crunch comes. You could sense the nervousness tonight. It was telling that only when the game was over and we were 4-0 down did they come alive a bit. 

Not sure where we go from here but I'm now resigned to Europa at best. Keep telling myself that considering the injuries and fixture congestion this season that would still be a good achievement. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

I've genuinely been speechless for about 30 minutes now, it's taken me a while to compose myself.

What the **** was that? One of the worst performances we've seen in the past couple of seasons. Evans going off injured didn't help, but we should still have enough to be competitive against that Newcastle side, although we shouldn't obviously just expect to win. We did **** all for 80 minutes, just kept getting counter attacked and making silly defensive errors leading to goals.

I could easily pick flaws in each player but they were all shocking really. The attacking options on the bench were poor, we really need a couple of attackers this summer, fed up of signing wingers like Diabate and Under, for them to do piss all and then we replace them within 12-24 months and start the whole process again.

We need some characters in the summer, a couple of leaders, I had hoped Castagne might be that but it appears not. I honestly think we should sign one or two players who are late 20s or even early 30s, lets get some experience and calm heads in the place.

How many times have we finished a game and wondered how the **** has this group of players spent the best part of two seasons in the top 4. Another one tonight.

Can't work out if Rodgers is shit to not finish the job or whether he's a genius for having us challenge. I guess the logical truth is somewhere in between. Great at getting a team challenging but then unable to manage situations over the line. Imagine having Brendan in charge for those group of 1-0 wins 5 years ago. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sam Thurnby said:

Makes me wonder what is happening at the club. Our form has dropped since Mourinho was sacked. Something isn’t quite right. 

you’ve gone and said it now .......

the players sure don’t look like they’re putting it all in ......certainly lost something .....

43 minutes ago, KingsX said:

25 ****ing shots and we never looked competitive.

matchstats.thumb.JPG.79d86bfda52e28ec6dad223d4d5af2cf.JPG

We concede goals way too easily even with 3 CB’s. teams don’t have to do too much against us to create clear chances.

Go 4 at the back and drop Vardy up top. Nacho is the guy to lead the line up top now, our football is shocking at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've genuinely been speechless for about 30 minutes now, it's taken me a while to compose myself.

What the **** was that? One of the worst performances we've seen in the past couple of seasons. Evans going off injured didn't help, but we should still have enough to be competitive against that Newcastle side, although we shouldn't obviously just expect to win. We did **** all for 80 minutes, just kept getting counter attacked and making silly defensive errors leading to goals.

I could easily pick flaws in each player but they were all shocking really. The attacking options on the bench were poor, we really need a couple of attackers this summer, fed up of signing wingers like Diabate and Under, for them to do piss all and then we replace them within 12-24 months and start the whole process again.

We need some characters in the summer, a couple of leaders, I had hoped Castagne might be that but it appears not. I honestly think we should sign one or two players who are late 20s or even early 30s, lets get some experience and calm heads in the place.

good luck signing anyone worth their weight without champions league ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Proud of the players!
If he keeps on with this utter tripe I’m gonna go right off Brendan

:nigel:

So if he threw them under the bus that would be helpful?  :rolleyes:

Just now, Col city fan said:

Proud of the players!

the season after ‘that season’ at liverpool, he was forever speaking sh1te in post match interviews .....I thought he had moved on but perhaps he hasn’t ......

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

We concede goals way too easily even with 3 CB’s. teams don’t have to do too much against us to create clear chances.

Go 4 at the back and drop Vardy up top. Nacho is the guy to lead the line up top now, our football is shocking at the moment.

Nacho has never looked good as a lone striker - he seems to get bullied out of the game .....

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Proud of the players!

Went right up in my estimations when he dropped Maddison and Perez re Covid gate. But yeah, it’s painful watching him defend these morons. I get that he’s got to, but I kind of just want him to say ‘yeah that was pretty shite wasn’t it?’ 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Nacho has never looked good as a lone striker - he seems to get bullied out of the game .....

I think he could do it now. He’s stronger than you think and decent playing back to goal.