Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Just now, escape2victory said:

It has to be a mentality issue with some of them. Generally they are good players but they are showing they can’t handle the crunch moments in a season. 
Soyuncu imploded at Bournemouth and same again tonight.

Was the worst I’ve ever seen Ndidi play.

The decline in Ricardo is both staggering and so sad.

Maddison slows everything down so much, needs to speed up his game, 1 and 2 touch.

Vardy is a real worry, it’s one thing not scoring but he doesn’t even look a threat and his general build up play is piss poor.

Can only agree with the above..

im also waiting for Fofana to be this dominant figure in the air especially as he can jump as high as the stadium.. (BR words 😂)

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And to think people thought this shower of shit are better than the team that won the league? Piss off.

We play some good stuff, but are very much short of leaders, I always used to believe we'd come back when behind now when we go 1-0, I immediately fear for the worst. 

7 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It will We'll be an absolute sh***er laughing stock if we end up spending nearly 2 seasons in the top 4 and don’t get champs league either time 

Remember when we used to call Spurs bottlers? Now people are making up excuses as to why we're not bottlers. Not sure how that works.

49 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Worst performance from Soyuncu, from the off I knew something wasn’t right... slow to everything and practically tripping over the ball, getting it tangled in his feet 

....the "Cruyff Turn" is something he does in every game!!!

His confidence dropped after that but he is not good in a back three. He needs to play in a back four as he is so much more comfortable and not having Evans beside him did not help.

Rodgers did take too long to change it and we should have gone to a back four half way through the first half. He had Under warming up in the second half so he was prepared to use him so we could easily have gone to a 4-4-2. The problem with the back three is always with the Wing Backs pushed up there is too much space vacated between the Left and Right Centre Backs and unless we play a high line or sit and play on the counter we vacate the space where teams can run at us all day. We have to move away from the three, makes it easier for Soyuncu and brings a better shape and understanding to a team lacking positivity and leadership.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Remember when we used to call Spurs bottlers? Now people are making up excuses as to why we're not bottlers. Not sure how that works.

We are bottlers 

we bottled last season

we have a chance to put it right this season but it seems that we are intent on repeating the trick which makes us ‘double bottlers’. 

Spurs didn’t bottle in 15/16. They were never within five points when it mattered 

they may have bottled the CL final in 2019 but liverpool were a much better side.  Spurs havent bottled a top four finish .........never mind twice ! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

We looked comfortable against Bournemouth till that Kasper mistake then we collapsed. We were horrible all game bar the last 10 minutes tonight. 

That's not how I remember it.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

Guest ttfn
3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That's not how I remember it.

Yeah we were properly clinging on for the 10 minutes before that Schmeichel mistake. Game changed at half time.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Yeah we were properly clinging on for the 10 minutes before that Schmeichel mistake. Game changed at half time.

We made everything we could to lead to that mistake. We invited pressure until Kasper blew it up. I don't think I'm biased when I say that BR was the one responsible for that defeat.

I had a feeling we might struggle but be hit by a smash and grab that has been Newcastle's forte this season.

To be completely outplayed, outfought by a team who looked livelier and more organised was seriously embarrassing. It wasn't even a contest.

Where were the bodies on the line? Busting a gut to stop things happening? That is unacceptable.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Md9 said:

It will be an absolute sh***er if we end up spending nearly 2 seasons in the top 4 and don’t get champs league either time 

Almost rather we were hovering below top 4 all season...be easier to stomach

Not read much of this thread, too depressing. However, did this all start after the covid party? Must be someone ITK that knows what's going on with this bunch. Only Sheff Utd and Fulham lost more home games this season. Wtf. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Most talented team we have ever had but they have absolutely nothing about them.

This sentence just about sums up the stupidity of the reaction to tonight's game.

#1 We lost Evans in the warm up. He's our most experienced centre back and we had no time to prepare for being without him. I don't believe we would have been so poor defensively if he'd have been playing or we'd had more time to prepare for his absence. That situation really shouldn't be underestimated.

#2 with ASM, Wilson amd Willock fully fit, rested and firing Newcastle are actually a pretty good outfit, A lot of Newcastle's poor form this season has been without them.

After the West Brom and Palace and cup semi wins everyone was slinging praise around and now all of sudden we are a bunch of lousy losers. Let's get a sense of fckn perspective here.