Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Manchester United (A) Pre Match (Tues 11 May 2021 18:00) BT Sport

Just now, Red Squirrel said:

If Brenden asked for my input I'd go with this and a back 4

About as good as it gets on paper, lets see if they can do it on grass!

Unfortunately I think it will be:

Kasper 

Castagne - Fofana - Söyüncü

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Thomas 

Perez 

Iheanacho - Vardy 

which I am less enthused about. We shall see hopefully Brendan will surprise us. :fc:

4 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Unfortunately I think it will be:

Kasper 

Castagne - Fofana - Söyüncü

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Thomas 

Perez 

Iheanacho - Vardy 

which I am less enthused about. We shall see hopefully Brendan will surprise us. :fc:

Fvck me I won’t even watch if it’s that lol

Id rather have ndidi in defense and mendy in midfield or even amartey there than castagne. I genuinely feel bad for the lad. He's an attacking wing back not a cb. Rodgers needs to be drug tested if he comes out with that 

What a shame to waste Castagne's talents at RCB. 

Glad Perez starts (not a phrase often used on FT!) and slightly disappointed - but not at all surprised - that Praet doesn't.

Madders likely to be a sub at Wembley then. Vardy hanging on to a starting place by the slightest of threads.

There is no way he'll go to a back four at this point of the season with the games we have left.

There is no way he's going to play Ndidi at the back when in the past all it's done is made us weaker in the middle. We have recently lacked aggression and energy in the middle, taking Ndidi out of that isn't going to help.

I just hope Thomas is a bit braver tonight and that Vardy plays a bit wider to give him an option. Against Palace and Southampton Thomas was totally isolated and doesn't have confidence/ability yet to deal with those situations.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Also, with Castagne at RCB it effectively becomes at back four when we have the ball.

Yep was just going to say this. Vardy will drift out to the left, Perez will float around in the number 10 with Iheanacho as the ST. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

I'd even have fuchs out there over castagne at cb tbh. 

Fuchs was awful at CB earlier in the season, hence why he's barely featured since.

Chances are, if Man Utd make changes, they will sit in and play quite cautiosuly. In that case I'd sooner have Castagne on the pitch than Amartey or Fuchs.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Fuchs was awful at CB earlier in the season, hence why he's barely featured since.

Chances are, if Man Utd make changes, they will sit in and play quite cautiosuly. In that case I'd sooner have Castagne on the pitch than Amartey or Fuchs.

I don’t think they will, what is there to lose? I expect they will try to come at us. 

Why does Brendan refuse to play Fuchs now. Remember when he was playing well earlier on in the season and everyone wanted him to sign a new contract. Now he can’t get a game, very bizarre!

If we’re persisting with 3atb without Evans our best 2 options are: Start Fuchs at LCB, or start Mendy and move Ndidi into the back 3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I don’t recall EVER being at work before and wanting the day to drag, but I am today.

Of course, it’s fvcking flying by. 

Hahahaaa I'm in that category where I wish we'd never have to play these final 4 games ever or never be told what the outcome was.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I don’t think they will, what is there to lose? I expect they will try to come at us. 

Assuming there is considerable rotation, why would those who come in be really meek? This is their chance to get in Ole’s plan for next year, or get a deal elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

United love to sit back and hit teams on the counter at the best of times. If they've got a bunch of backups playing, along with a handful of first-choice players who played on Sunday and might play again on Thursday, all the more reason to sit in and ensure the game doesn't become too stretched.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Absolutely no chance 

Let's hope not, but you're probably right.

Castagne - Wasted at RCB

Fofana/Soy - Uncomfortable in a three
Thomas - Offers very little at LWB

Still lacking width at the top of the pitch and we'll see similar patterns emerging that we saw in other games. The ball being lost in dangerous positions and offering very little threat in attack.

Rodgers blames players for mistakes and being passive, when in reality, his tactics force them into dangerous situations and offer us very little change to move the ball forwards quickly and attack before the opposition set.

• Like 3

We’ve gone slight favs now for this game having been bet this morning. I’m assuming it’s off the back of leaked teams news. One things for sure.  Had this game been tomorrow and the Liverpool match had been played last Sunday there’s no way on Earth we’d been seen to have such a good chance away to United. We need to take this slice of luck we’ve had and bury them. 

• Like 3