Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How is everyone feeling?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

For people that don't get football and being a hopelessly infatuated and besotted fan of your team then I pity them. They'll never experience the highs or the lows that we do, they may have other passions that bring them this but I find that somewhat hard to believe but that's what it all comes down to doesn't it?

Each individuals personal perspective and belief. It's what makes it so compelling and utterly galling, it's like acupuncture on grass. You can feel every bit of it right now.

I'll be honest, I've just been reduced to tears at 6.30am this morning. I've been awake since 4am and them could hear the baby pratting around about 6 so got up and took her downstairs. As I was only the flight of stairs my little boy came out of his room and said " Daddy, is it the day? Is it the final? " and he was stood there in his pyjama top and his Leicester shorts and socks half on. 

I was all set to watch it with friends today and get steaming but I'm watching it with my son now, hadn't even really occurred to me that that should have been how I should be watching this momentous occasion. I feel very lucky and this is what it's all about.

Enjoy your day however you can, soak it up and stay in the moment. This really is the time of our lives as Leicester fans.

BLUE ARMY

Similar here. Ever since the Quarters my eldest had been really excited about the Cup, despite normally not being that bothered about Leicester. I think it may be because there is a chance of lifting a trophy at the end.

I’m gutted I can’t be there. Every time I see or hear someone mention going to the match I get a strong pang of jealousy, but it does mean I get to share the occasion with her.

It will be different but it will still be special.

I just need to remember to not swear my tits off for 90 minutes. Come Sunday morning we may or may not have a trophy, but she’ll certainly have some new words in her vocabulary.

• Like 2

Dreamt Harry Kane (No idea how that works) scored first and then we went 3-0 down shortly after half time. Screamed at the TV. Woke up. Never felt so relieved. 

Still not sure what it all meant :dunno: but happy it’s 8:29 and we’re still in it 

I feel unbelievably emotional haha 

If this is how the nerves are for us, we should consider what it's like for the players and cut them some slack if things aren't perfect at times today. We're still a new side to these events but we're growing as a club all the time.

I just hope they give everything and have no regrets on the day and as the song goes "whatever will be will be". 

Enjoy the occasion everyone, this is what it's all about :appl:

• Like 2

Was really nervous yesterday but feeling very calm this morning. 

We've got this, it feels like it's supposed to be. Just so long until kick off... 

Anyway, I'm popping out to asda, anyone want anything? 

Edited by Wakeyfox
Spelling as usual

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I have that stomach churning feeling but also wanting to concentrate and take it all in. The last time I felt like this was on my wedding day (not that I’ll be telling the wife that).

How is everyone else feeling about today? 

Pretty much the same; but with the added concern that my three kids are all old enough to understand the gravity and importance of it whilst also being young enough that they just believe we will win 3 or 4 nil (let's hope so). They are 9, 7 and 7 so they've only really known us be good and haven't had the childhood of shooting ourselves in the foot, yo-yo existence with moments of excellence and absolute shambles and of course the regular La Manga (or other) issues/dramas.

I've managed to book in stuff to keep busy until about 3pm; from which time I will down a load of beers and watch the build up.

Bit of a silly thing; but we have the in-laws over for it (Chelsea; but actually they all want us to win it; they aren't that in to it and just want the grandkids happy) so we've got a load of Leicester food in. Thank god so much food is made in or associated with Leicester.

Crusty cheese cobs (can you still just buy these in pubs? It simply doesn't exist in Maidstone?), red leicester, pork pies, etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I dont know how to feel, this is the first cup final I've experienced (was very young when the league cups happened). I dont know how I am going to watch it without ducking behind the sofa. This is ****ing massive.

I remember all our recent(ish) league cup wins but they were always huge events; but its always been the 'second' cup and this one is our chance to put our name on the trophy for the first time.... and of course put to bed the 'most losing finals'. I genuinely do hope we don't still have that title after the game today; but I think all have to admit its a very very 'Leicester' record, that.

Just now, joachim1965 said:

Driving home last night a fox crossed the road in front of my car, let's hope that's a sign .

A fox followed me home from the bowls club the other night at gone past midnight; I was drunk and it went from... 'ah, excellent, there's a fox following me' to 'why is that fox following me? Am I going to get ambushed?'

Turns out he/she just wanted to make sure I got home safe. Thank you caring random fox.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

At the minute, totally stressed!!! This is mainly due to trying to put the ****ing box together on my PCR test!!! Oh, and my printer is refusing to print my ticket!!!

Just email it to me if you like, I'll sort it

• Haha 2