Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How is everyone feeling?

6 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I'd genuinely trade losing this match for two wins in the next two league matches. This is a "nice to win" not an "almost certainly need to win".

You can’t be serious? 
I just about get the people who say this when we are away at Stoke in round 3, it genuinely seems along way away.

To wake up on cup final morning and trade this for fishing 4th is beyond my comprehension.

Surely football is all about winning games like this! Enjoy the day!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You can’t be serious? 
I just about get the people who say this when we are away at Stoke in round 3, it genuinely seems along way away.

To wake up on cup final morning and trade this for fishing 4th is beyond my comprehension.

Surely football is all about winning games like this! Enjoy the day!

I think this is part of the problem with the final being played before the end of the season.

If the league season is done this is the full focus.

37 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Was feeling marginally nervous, but now I’m just sad. Looks like our 7 year old dog will have to be put down today after a 3 year fight against Lymphoma. He’s seen my wife through some dark times. Absolutely incredible animal. I’ll see you all on the other side. Good luck everyone. 

So sorry to hear that pal. Hopefully you have something to smile about later 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I'd genuinely trade losing this match for two wins in the next two league matches. This is a "nice to win" not an "almost certainly need to win".

Imagine not thinking the FA Cup is a must win game.

The Super League is that way mate. ➡➡➡

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Ordinarily, I'd put you on ignore for even purchasing such a garment. It's cup final day and you're a City fan, so i'll let it slide.

In my defence, I didn't buy it.

It was a gift and I only wear it under something else. Never on display but it might be today. Anything for an Edge. 

You can thank me afterwards :P

• Like 1

Never thought I would be this nervous about the game. Having people that I've not spoken to in ages that support other clubs wishing us luck and saying they are hoping we win is really bringing it home. Win today and I honestly couldn't care less about the next two games. 

Just leave it all on the pitch lads thats all I ask! Have no regrets and be brave! 

Come on lads do it for us, do it for ever Leicester fan that isn't with us today that witnessed our last loss all those years ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

In my defence, I didn't buy it.

It was a gift and I only wear it under something else. Never on display but it might be today. Anything for an Edge. 

You can thank me afterwards :P

Quite right too.

I'm going to sport a pink tutu, in homage to the score after 90 minutes. During the break before extra time I'm going to shave my hair into a mohican in recognition of a Vardy winner. The latter will be particularly difficult. given I'm bald down the middle. I'll attempt it though, as you say, anything for an edge :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy the game today mate. Be proud of that shirt!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Would we? I thought the title was we’ve lost the most FA Cup finals without ever winning it. Surely if we win it today there will be plenty of teams that have lost out in the final more than us who have also won it. Point I’m trying to make and not doing so very well is we’d no longer have not won it, putting that title to bed.

Yes. You are right. I was thinking it was just most finals lost.

It's normally a sunny day on FA Cup final day. It's piddling it down, and so therefore I deduce it's going against the expected, which clearly means we win. Simple.

Oh how am I feeling? I'm working through different city tops throughout the day due to the level of anxious sweat build up.

This will be my fourth F A Cup Final, and my nerves have the better of me. I want us to win not just for myself, but for the teams that lost in the past. Today will probably be my last chance to see us win the this coveted trophy, and losing again would break my heart.. Come on City, and do us, and yourselves proud today.

teams that lost

I've been up since early this morning with that nervous feeling and it won't go away.  My wife doesn't want me to watch the match, because she has to put up with my son as well, who's a Chelsea fan(luckily my daughters have kept the faith), she knows one of us is going to be very miserable this evening.

Win it not just for me. 

But the older generation of the 60s, when the Cup mattered everything. Even those who were about in 49. Win it for them. Win for those we lost. Some very sadly in the last 18 months. Win it for a city what the government lockdown and treated unfairly for months. Largely forgotten excepted its sporting achievements. Win it for them City 

Woke up feeling a bit surprised at how underwhelmed I felt which I put down to having so little time to actually build-up to the match. 

However, as I've been watching the build-up, I've been getting more and more emotional at the prospect of the event. Absolutely can't wait for this game now. If there was any doubt in my mind about winning the cup or qualifying for UCL, that has been resolved beyond any doubt. Not been so excited(winning would be sensational)/apprehensive (losing will hurt a lot) for a game in all my 33 years. 

Up the city!