Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How is everyone feeling?

I’m buzzing for it. My only fear is that I’ll get too sloshed before it starts. Since I became a dad last year, I’ve not really gone beyond tipsy, so today will good be a good test of my mettle. Hope you all have a great day and that we’ll be able to spend the evening crying tears of joy and creating drunk threads all over the forum 🦊💙

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I’m buzzing for it. My only fear is that I’ll get too sloshed before it starts.

Dont drink until after the game. The last thing you want is to not remember the day. Drink in the day and if we win get "sloshed" tomorrow watching the replays. Savour every moment , it might be another 52 years before it happens again. Alcohol can wait.

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

However, I don't care today because it's cup final day. Win or lose, I am proud already and I hope the team/fans do us proud during the game today too! The rest is a bonus.

I genuinely feel like this at the moment.

Whether I still will during the match is another matter!

We’ll see...

Guest bennytwohats
6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nervous. Excitable. Emotional. Perhaps a little hungover. 

This brought a little tear... 

Was okay until the very end when Vichai flashed up

Dull drizzly cold day here in Ireland and just heading out for first 18 holes of competition golf since lockdown......I’ll have a picture in my mind of a Chelsea player or Tuchel on the golf ball before each attempt to smash it into oblivion

As I’m putting ill be thinking of Vardy , Nacho etc as the ball finds the hole (back of the net).Will be wearing one  of my Leicester hats and Leicester golf umbrella ."...Don’t care how I play as I dreamt we win 3  1....fall behind to early goal equalize penalty from Vardy just before half time. Great 2nd half Madders free kick and Nacho scrambled goal see us reach the Holy Grail 🦊🦊🦊🦊

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

People comparing this to getting married - at least when you got married you were pretty much guaranteed to score...

You say that. Five years on I'm still waiting for my wedding night and the chances of us recreating it accurately are slim because neither of us have got a cat in hell's chance of squeezing into the gear we wore that day

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

For people that don't get football and being a hopelessly infatuated and besotted fan of your team then I pity them. They'll never experience the highs or the lows that we do, they may have other passions that bring them this but I find that somewhat hard to believe but that's what it all comes down to doesn't it?

Each individuals personal perspective and belief. It's what makes it so compelling and utterly galling, it's like acupuncture on grass. You can feel every bit of it right now.

I'll be honest, I've just been reduced to tears at 6.30am this morning. I've been awake since 4am and them could hear the baby pratting around about 6 so got up and took her downstairs. As I was only the flight of stairs my little boy came out of his room and said " Daddy, is it the day? Is it the final? " and he was stood there in his pyjama top and his Leicester shorts and socks half on. 

I was all set to watch it with friends today and get steaming but I'm watching it with my son now, hadn't even really occurred to me that that should have been how I should be watching this momentous occasion. I feel very lucky and this is what it's all about.

Enjoy your day however you can, soak it up and stay in the moment. This really is the time of our lives as Leicester fans.

BLUE ARMY

Wish my lad was old enough! 

• Like 1

I've woken up pretty gutted about it not being a 'normal' cup final. thinking back to the league cup and play off finals as a kid, the face paint, the mini bus, the excitement, the motorways spotting other Leicester fans, they were phenomenal days. Not quite the same of course but still massively nervous and buzzing for kick off. 

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My advice to everyone not going today - don't let the match thread bother you.

I need more sleep - have the best possible day y'all.

I can’t be arsed with the match thread today. I’m just going to watch, drink and enjoy. This is history foxes 💙