Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

That Mad Minute

I thought at the time Kasper's save from Mount was the match winning save. From the look on Mount's face so did he. 

So for Chilwell to score so late just felt all wrong. But like many, as soon as I saw the replay you could tell he was just off. 

Weirder was our goal. As soon as it hit the net I was jumping up in the living room. As I did the remote went flying and the TV rewound. Nightmare! 

Eventually got the TV back in to real-time, only for a brief VAR wait to confirm the goal. 

Still had time to stroll out to the garden where my sisters were watching via an iplayer stream on a firestick in time to hear them celebrate the ball hit the back of the net! 🤣 💙

Just remember seeing chilwell run in, and when it went in I just felt helpless. Then when they started showing replays me and my dad both texted each other "offside". Then as soon as I saw Pawson turn around to point for a goal kick, I ran around the room screaming like we had just scored another goal 😂

I took my shirt off a minute or two before the goal so I could hold it up. I very briefly thought I had doomed us and then went mad again when it was disallowed. At that point it just had to be ours!

They scored.

I swore and was worried how we'd get the next goal considering we'd made full defensive and they'd made fulling attacking subs.

I ran to the bathroom because otherwise I would have pissed my pants before full time.

I heard their was an offsides check.

I got back and saw the lines.

No goal. Loved it.

It really was our day yesterday. If Kasper had had a mare yesterday a beachball or a bird would have swooped in to make the save.

Was fairly confident we would win at 1-0, then Chelsea "score" and my head was in my hands thinking "have we blown it?"

Replays showed chilwell was offside although agonisingly close.

Referee signals no goal and may head is in my hands again......this time overcome with relief.

I slumped to my knees in the corner of the room and just kinda mumbled to myself that life was unfair.

Then I saw it was Chilwell wheeling away. Then I saw it had gone in off Morgan. Someone writing the script had factored in the cruellest of plot twists.

My stream was about 45 seconds behind live TV, so I got a message from a Reading-supporting mate back home, first a sad face then an 'AHAHAHAHAHHAA'. I assumed it was him either going turncoat, or confirming something had disallowed the goal. But I was kinda reeling like a boxer on the ropes so barely processed it and lived one of the nerviest minutes of my life, with the slimmest of ideas that it might be disallowed but with tunnel vision blocking it out. It's the hope that kills you.

Yeah so anyway I hit the roof, called Chilwell a willy-puller, told Big Wes i wouldn't have blamed him anyway and then burst into tears. Just about got it together by full time and then went crazy.

You know at the end of Wayne's World where they do all the different endings? And it starts with the 'sad ending' where everything goes wrong and his life falls apart? The whole Chilwell / Morgan 'not goal' felt like that. Destroyed all the hope and optimism, makes you believe for a second that it's all been for nothing... YEAH RIGHT, AS IF WE'D END THE MOVIE LIKE THAT!?!?!

7c55a1fde502807aa9dd15036d42de83.gif

ps - asphyncter says what? :ph34r:

6F97C563-90AD-4B48-80BA-D3A89F92DED6.jpeg

• Like 3

You just knew it would be Chilwell. He was their best forward on the day, I've never seen him with that much desire. 

Was such a jammy goal too given that Cags cleared it off the line.

Even with when I saw he was offside, I wasn't convinced that they'd check it properly.

Imagine if that was the other way around and we were denied Cup Final goal by VAR lol 

Head in hands, thought we had blown it. I had said a minute earlier, it was a gamble going for game management cos it left us with a defensive formation should the unthinkable happen and they forced extra time.

watched the replay, thought hold on, he could be off, saw Oliver not running straight back, listening to his earpiece, there was hope, then the point and VAR signal. Still thought maybe he was going to check the monitor himself but just knew that it was going to be ruled out.

cue mad scenes and possibly a couple of broken springs in the sofa as we all bounced up and down. We knew then that the cup was ours.

4 minutes ago, kushiro said:

People have been saying it would've been a Wes Morgan own goal, but especially from this angle it doesn't look like it.

Absolutely love this video! Just watch this moment from about 16:50 and watch Wilf's reaction in the background.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kushiro said:

People have been saying it would've been a Wes Morgan own goal, but especially from this angle it doesn't look like it.

Actually looks like it hits Chillwells heel as he is on the floor from that angle

When the ball went in off Morgan I was quite calm - just did a “oh shit”. But the manner of the ball into the box and Chilwells run I pretty much knew straight away it would be checked by VAR. Then when I saw the replay it looked close, and you could tell he was fractionally off side.

When Oliver made the overturn signal I didn’t scream or yell, I just did a pretty muted “yesssss”. At that point we still had 5-6 mins to hold out. But you could see their heads had dropped massively after that.

When you’re in the moment it’s hard to appreciate all the mini moments in the game. But now it’s sinking in just how many of those moments went our way - I can’t really think of a single Chelsea moment that went their way. Even Werner taking it off Azpilecueta’s head for an open goal almost early on.

The goal was amazing but it still felt like there was a long way to go.

However, the feeling when the Scoreboard still showed VAR is checking for potential offside but a slight roar starts coming through the Leicester crowd and you just know it's your day...

Edited by Houdini Logic