Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

That Mad Minute

Turned around and punched my sofa twice fuming! Muttering amongst everyone and saying ‘Why do I put myself through this? We’re not meant to win cups are we?’

Deep down feeling with the formation and players on the pitch, how the hell are we going to come back from this?

Then as the replay came up, was just moaning about Albrighton not tracking then...bang. The hope!!

’hes offside!’ ‘Omg he’s offside!!!’. A moment to get excited but then the sudden thought that it’s not clear enough to actually be a ‘clear an obvious error’ in the stupid rules.

It became a ‘don’t you ****ing cheat us! Pleaseeeee’ then bedlam!! It’s disallowed!! Wow!!

Chillwells face pops up on the scream ‘🤣🤣🤣 F off you muppet!’ With a huge willy puller sign. Quickly moving onto ‘omg is this meant to be!?’ With a tear or 2 leaving my eyes...

Thats my mad minute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When they 'scored' I just felt a massive kick in the guts. Thinking we were so close - a couple of minutes from glory. Should have known it was too good to be true. So sodding cruel. To be on the edge of glory only for it to be snatched away. Hot tears beginning in the corner of the eyes. Oh no - it was Wes... Chilwell you fuc...

Hang on! What's happening? Some doubt?  Oh please,  God. Please...I promise. Just give us this one and I'll never...

He's making the sign! He's pointing! He's only bleeding disallowed it!!!

Yes! Yes!! YES!!!

I’d actually missed the few seconds before because some tosser knocked on the door with a takeaway for next door, I’d just come back in to the front room and seen the back of our net move..... mortified.

I seen the look on Wes’s face and realised he’d probably put it in the net, I was more gutted for him than I was the equaliser to be honest, I’d rather it been anyone else.

Then the decision came and it was the same as others, it looked offside, I was hoping for the right call.

When it came the missus thought we were 2-0 up, we might as well have been.

My instant reaction was "well that's it, we've lost this now"

Followed by "somethings happening here, come on VAR"

And then "_=€=¥@^@%×_×£¥#¥=_÷_@%#€=¥=¥÷€@%÷_÷£÷¥×¥#_#^÷€÷¥@¥#,";$&÷¥×9×_÷:=€=¥=¥÷,#;^@7×8&3:÷&$£#,#:÷€¥÷€÷!!!!!!!! F***ING COME ON!!!!!"

Edited by Jimbo

It was such a weird one for me as I went to the game with low expectations results-wise, but I got more confident as the match went on as although Chelsea were efficient and dominating possession, they just weren't as dangerous as I expected them to be and was convinced at half time that one goal would be enough to settle it.

It just didn't occur to me that Chelsea's goal might get disallowed, which is a bit mad considering it was all a bit scrappy and VAR intervenes so often these days.

I'd pretty much convinced myself that we were going to hold on, so when they 'equalised' my slow old and slightly drunk brain was only just starting to process that given how the game had gone, the chances of us securing victory had reduced to zero, and then, BOOM, it's disallowed.

It felt to me that the VAR check didn't take long, but that might just be my weird perception of time on the day - the remainder of the game after we scored went by pretty quickly and the time added on didn't feel like about 15 minutes like it often does for me

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

I also had a sense of not being able to understand how they'd scored as we'd defended so well it would need a moment of brilliance rather than a jammy scruffy goal, I couldn't comprehend how we'd let them get in that close to goal

34 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

I immediately saw that it was an og and then jumped up and yelled something about Rodgers being a stupid certain lady part for bringing on Morgan. 

Then I celebrated like we'd scored and moments later was yelling that Morgan was a big beautiful certain lady part when he made those clearances. 

PS. Schmeichel is a legend no longer. He is a God.

Ashamed to say I did the same - calling Wes a big lump & what the F was Rogers doing & we're screwed now with a defensive team & there was only going to be one winner & FKG Chilwell-the tw@t!!  But calmed down on first replay as it was clear his shoulder was offside & cheered like crazy with my son when Oliver did the VAR box/point.  Definitely, the fates/ spirit of Vichai on our side & thought we've done it before final whistle.

I’m not really sure what I did.

Think I just had my head in my hands.

People say VAR is bad, players can’t celebrate, etc, I can see where they are coming from but rarely do people look at it from the other view so yesterday the right decision was made and we got the celebrations - it went the other way.

It’s like when Iheanacho scored that last minute goal against Everton, great scenes when it was confirmed because of VAR.

It’s when the stupid decisions where non common sense has been used where I have a problem with VAR.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex

When Chilwell was celebrating I thought that there was no chance of the goal being chalked off. I thought that BR had made a massive blunder at bringing in Morgan. No chance of winning now. Then the ref confirms it’s offside- we are a few minutes from lifting the FA cup- bedlam

Not so much the full minute, but after a period of nausea, the realisation that Michael Oliver was standing deep inside our half. So a check was in progress. Then confirmation from the scoreboard that a check was in progress. To be honest from my view at the other end of the stadium I had no idea what it was for. 

Then Michael Oliver turns towards our goal, so I knew it was about to be ruled out. 

Incredulity. Noise. Lots of noise.

• Like 2

I don’t think I can find the words to describe it. It initially felt like I’d been punched by Mike Tyson. I felt a bit sick. Just looked at the guy sat near me and we just shrugged our shoulders. 

Can remember turning to the bloke behind me and saying it’s Chilwell, and the mass swearing began. 

I was looking at my chair and then someone shouts “aup”.... the crowd start rumbling with a crescendo of oooo’s similar to when the kop taunt a goalie take a kick. Flashes up saying “Var checking possible offside”, and I don’t know but I could just feel it, and I think everyone in the crowd could because there was just this electric feeling flowing around us, looking around no one looked worried it was like we all knew.... then the verdict can and it’s was ducking limbs. Not going to lie, we all piled into one another down by the barriers... absolutely epic, no social distancing hugs went in possibly a few kisses too. We even dragged the steward into it....

Absolute carnage there wasn’t a dry eye in my corner. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

Stormed into the kitchen and started thumping the worktop and screaming 'No no shit no, please no. Chilwell too, it had to be him. Shit shit shit.

I then heard my wife say something about VAR checking.

I went back in the living room watching the replays and started screaming and jumping up and down, 'He's off, He's off!!' Then VAR confirmed it.

Then went potty

Mrs. FFF told me later I chose a few more expletives too and I kicked the kitchen door open when I stormed out.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m not really sure what I did.

Think I just had my head in my hands.

People say VAR is bad, players can’t celebrate, etc, I can see where they are coming from but rarely do people look at it from the other view so yesterday the right decision was made and we got the celebrations - it went the other way.

It’s like when Iheanacho scored that last minute goal against Everton, great scenes when it was confirmed because of VAR.

It’s when the stupid decisions where non common sense has been used where I have a problem with VAR.

That’s not VAR though, that’s the rules and lack of common sense by the people in charge. The interpretation of the rules needs changing but not the use of VAR.

Without VAR we more than likely would be without a cup and saying ‘we were robbed of an FA Cup by poor officials’

• Like 1

About five minutes before their ‘goal’, I’d texted a Chelsea mate and said that I thought they would win if they could equalise, as their bench was just stupidly strong compared to ours. And then they ‘scored’. We had it in our hands. And then it was gone. Like so

many, our house fell to its knees, literally and metaphorically. We didn’t get off them until about six minutes later. At which point all hell broke loose, here. Would the victory have been the same without that drama? Almost certainly. But, it really was the cherry on top, wasn’t it!?!? You just could not write it better. Spurs mate texted to say it was quite simply the most enjoyable result he’d seen all season. Newcastle mate said he literally cried with the sense of emotion in that last few minutes and subsequent celebrations. This day touched the hearts of fans way beyond our fan-base 🥰

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

After Kasper’s save from Mount, it just felt wrong. Like an actor had gone off script in a stage play and started ranting at the audience. But then another bloke came onto the stage and whacked him over the head with a giant, inflatable dinosaur and everyone realised it was a comedy.

Fixed it for ya

• Like 1