Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Zorya and Celtic the big losers of the draw today. AZ will do Celtic while Zorya got to get past Rapid. Looking very certain we will be Pot 2. 

@New England Fox - only one of Legia or Cluj can go through on the basis of coefficients 

Legia's path islosing to Dinamo Zagreb and beating Ferencvaros.

Cluj's path is losing to Young Boys and beating Sheriff.

I could have made a mistake somewhere... but I don't know what you're saying. Multiple clubs can have the same coefficient.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

1 minute ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Legia's path is Dinamo Zagreb and beting Ferencvaros.

Cluj's path is losing to Young Boys and beating Sheriff.

I could have made a mistake somewhere... but I don't know what you're saying. Multiple clubs can have the same coefficient.

I've made the error I had Legia v Cluj playing each other in the play-off around. 

ELGS 12 of 12:
Leicester City, Olympique Lyon, Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen, Lazio, Sporting Braga, Lokomotiv Moscow, Olympique Marseille, West Ham United, Real Sociedad, Real Betis

6 of 8 to ELGS, 2 to CLGS:
Genk, FC Midtjylland, Spartak Moscow, Sparta Praha, AS Monaco, PSV Eindhoven, Shakhtar Donetsk, Benfica

1 of 2 to ELGS, 1 to CLGS:
Brøndby IF, RB Salzburg

6X 1 of 3 to ELGS:
Randers FC, Galatasaray, St. Johnstone
Rapid Vienna, Anorthosis Famagusta, Zorya Luhansk
Celtic, FK Jablonec, AZ Alkmaar
Fenerbahçe, HJK Helsinki, Neftchi Baku
Sturm Graz, Zalgiris Vilnius, Mura Murska Sobota
Royal Antwerp, Flora Tallinn, Omonia Nicosia

Now it gets messy. Obviously there going to be some impossible combinations below.

7 ELGS spots. 3 CLGS spots. 16 clubs.

3 of 12 to CLGS via WW. 5 to 7 of 12 to ELGS via WL/LW:

CFR Cluj, Glasgow Rangers, Legia Warsaw, Ludogorets Razgrad, Malmö FF, Red Star Belgrade, Young Boys, Ferencváros, Sheriff Tiraspol, Dinamo Zagreb, Olympiakos Piraeus, Slavia Praha

0 to 2 of 4 to ELGS via WW:

Slovan Bratislava, Lincoln Red Imps, Alashkert FC, Kairat Almaty

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Their fans are really really good.

Apart from my ex Brother-in-law - he is a c**t.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 2

Only 1 upset in the making so far this week.

Ferencvaros are 2 goals to the good on Slavia Prague. The first was a pretty atrocious OG but the Hungarian side made champions league last season and have knocked off Dinamo Zagreb, Celtic, and Ludogorets in champions league qualifying in the last few years. By coefficient only Ferncvaros would miss out on the Europa League group stage but I don't think we should be surprised if they pull off Europa at least. The isolated effect of Ferenvaros getting through this week would be Youngboys to CL, Ferencvaros and Slavia to EL, and Legia Warsaw to the Conference.

Malmo are a goal up on Rangers but it really doesn't matter for either's chance at Europa as the loser has a gentle tie against Alashkert or Kairat. But obviously it's preferable to win this round and only have to lose in while still having a two-legged shot at the Champions League group stage.

Genk, Midtjyland, Spartak, and Sparta Prague are well on their way to losing their way into the Europa Group Stage on Tuesday.

The games that ended in 90' draws are still going to favor all of the higher coefficient sides to win their way through next week.

If anyone's bookie is offering a to qualify market on tuesday's CL games I'd like to see it. Oddschecker isn't listing it yet for CL games, only EL.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I've been unable to find any reference to it online. What are the sub arrangements in this for 2021/22? Is it 

still a max of 12 subs named and 5 subs allowed to be used or is it back to pre the pandemic?

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Apologies if this has already been covered but I've been unable to find any reference to it online. What are the sub arrangements in this for 2021/22? Is it 

still a max of 12 subs named and 5 subs allowed to be used or is it back to pre the pandemic?

The preliminary rounds have 5 subs, it seems

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

5 subs seems to have stuck in a lot of other leagues and Europe. Not a fan personally. I'm fine with virtually any number named but no more than 3 in a game (a fourth in extra time is fine).

5 subs suits us now we have such a an incredible squad. Allows us to keep players fresh for the Premier league. 

We bought on this weekend soumare, daka, kdh, albrighton, Thomas and ineacho who are all quality players. And we have Castagne, Justin and Evans back from injury hopefully soon. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

5 subs suits us now we have such a an incredible squad. Allows us to keep players fresh for the Premier league. 

We bought on this weekend soumare, daka, kdh, albrighton, Thomas and ineacho who are all quality players. And we have Castagne, Justin and Evans back from injury hopefully soon. 

Just think in general it's not good for the sport. Would probably agree actually in this context we benefit.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2021 at 19:49, NewEnglandFox said:

Only 1 upset in the making so far this week.

Ferencvaros are 2 goals to the good on Slavia Prague. The first was a pretty atrocious OG but the Hungarian side made champions league last season and have knocked off Dinamo Zagreb, Celtic, and Ludogorets in champions league qualifying in the last few years. By coefficient only Ferncvaros would miss out on the Europa League group stage but I don't think we should be surprised if they pull off Europa at least. The isolated effect of Ferenvaros getting through this week would be Youngboys to CL, Ferencvaros and Slavia to EL, and Legia Warsaw to the Conference.

Malmo are a goal up on Rangers but it really doesn't matter for either's chance at Europa as the loser has a gentle tie against Alashkert or Kairat. But obviously it's preferable to win this round and only have to lose in while still having a two-legged shot at the Champions League group stage.

Genk, Midtjyland, Spartak, and Sparta Prague are well on their way to losing their way into the Europa Group Stage on Tuesday.

The games that ended in 90' draws are still going to favor all of the higher coefficient sides to win their way through next week.

If anyone's bookie is offering a to qualify market on tuesday's CL games I'd like to see it. Oddschecker isn't listing it yet for CL games, only EL.

Ferencvaros lost to Dinamo in the qualifier you mention above, I went to their home leg and they lost 4-1 if I remember rightly… distinctly possible I don’t as I was in hospitality literally drinking pints of wine.

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Ferencvaros lost to Dinamo in the qualifier you mention above, I went to their home leg and they lost 4-1 if I remember rightly… distinctly possible I don’t as I was in hospitality literally drinking pints of wine.

Lost in 19. Won in 20.