Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

This. Can only keep stringing the Mrs along and stalling her on wanting to go away whilst I'm desperately holding out for a trip and keeping leave for it.

I’m not expecting much other than no away fans in September. England have trips to Andorra and San Marino in October/November which are still up in the air.

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We could do with a Scottish side, assuming 1 qualifies, it'd make the travelling a lot easier.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm pretty sure Celtic & Rangers both fall into our pot, which is annoying as in these circumstances I'd take them.

I can't think of anything worse than having the great Glasgow unwashed trashing the city. As for the Corby mob... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can see us being robbed of it again but the plus side is we're almost certainly going to make the knockouts - even if it's Europa Conference as 3rd drops into that.

It's a bit sickening if we can't attend. However, I'd settle for us playing at a hostile Athens or Braga with no away fans as opposed to the non event last year 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

It's a bit sickening if we can't attend. However, I'd settle for us playing at a hostile Athens or Braga with no away fans as opposed to the non event last year 

Likewise, even if it probably did work in our favour. We went quite weak at Athens and nearly blew a 0-2 lead - could've easily seen it happening with an intimidating home support behind them.

It is sickening for us. The only solace is I think we're a genuinely good team and club now and we're going to get a few more cracks in Europe, but it's still sickening regardless.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve just projected flights to potential destinations for the first couple of match days and if away fans are allowed, it’s going to be quite reliant on clubs and travel firms sorting charters 

Would you be tempted to book flights if we draw a team on the amber list on Friday? Easy jet still offer free rebookings I think so I’m tempted to gamble.

Edit- see what you mean about charters, not many direct flights for the teams we could play.

Edited by Costock_Fox

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would you be tempted to book flights if we draw a team on the amber list on Friday? Easy jet still offer free rebookings I think so I’m tempted to gamble.

Edit- see what you mean about charters, not many direct flights for the teams we could play.

At best you’ve a couple of flights which fit the pattern of morning of the game and/or evening of the game. I’m really 50/50 of it at the mo. You know regardless it will be a car crash of people booking up the cheap flights regardless.

Only grace is the fleets so withdrawn at the mo, you may get extra flights or charters put on more easier than you normally would. 

Anyway Germany or nearer, happily go via car or train. In some cases the travel rules are more relaxed that way too 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

At best you’ve a couple of flights which fit the pattern of morning of the game and/or evening of the game. I’m really 50/50 of it at the mo. You know regardless it will be a car crash of people booking up the cheap flights regardless.

Only grace is the fleets so withdrawn at the mo, you may get extra flights or charters put on more easier than you normally would. 

Anyway Germany or nearer, happily go via car or train. In some cases the travel rules are more relaxed that way too 

I suppose by train there is no having to isolate if someone on it tests positive which would be the thing that would put me off.

I don’t know about most airlines but I know some are running quite a packed schedule, it costs a fortune for them to mothball and then recommission aircraft so I’m not sure how flexible it will be in that respect.