Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Possibly wishful thinking, but does the reciprocal removal of quarantine requirements for the fully vaccinated mean that away ends could be on for this season?

Would need to get the bulk of Europe on the same page. UEFA tbf don’t want disadvantages, so it’s likely to be away fans at every game or none at all.

Celtic's loss opens the door to play Europa Conference football this season. Midtjylland has all but secured Europa. PSV changes color but still expected to play Europa League. Sherrif, Ferencvaros, and Royal Antwerp just on the outside. Monday's playoff round draw will result in some of the white teams drawing each-other.

Also I fixed the tiebreaker as 6 pairs of teams have the same coefficient.

Green: Group stage qualified

Yellow: Loses in from Champions League playoff round

Red: Loses in from Champions League 3rd round League Path (August 10th)

White: Wins in through Europa Playoff round.

253101587_ScreenShot2021-07-28at4_28_05PM.png.44549b0f9b60851d0134565e7a9b7903.png

Edited by NewEnglandFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is how Monday's Playoff draw works because it's not clearly written anywhere. Celtic lurkers take note. The 4 groups called priorities each reaching the playoff round through a different path.

The Priority 4 teams will need to trounce their minnow and Priority 2 to lose in. Priority 2 is hiding Champions League hopefuls Olympiacos and Dinamo Zagreb as well as Rangers. Priority 1 qualified direct and for Priority 3 I've just included the full tie per line. Only priority 1 teams aren't sharing their ball.

Usual no drawing same association rule applies. The 3 Priority 4 balls will be drawn to Priority 1 opposition. The 3 remaining priority 1 teams will draw with priority 3. The 2 remaining priority 3 balls will draw with Priority 2. And the 4 remaining priority 2 balls will draw each-other.

1293531034_ScreenShot2021-07-28at5_40_27PM.png.5df085cbf488b415428289839aa60474.png

Even though Celtic could have the highest remaining coefficient they could draw 3 of the other top 10 coefficients.  Likewise Ludogorets could draw 4 of the top half coefficients. Even Randers could draw 4 clubs with lower coefficients.

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

What great opportunity to play a big club. I hope our boys can handle the pressure.

Didn’t realise you were Celtic?

This is still going to be carnage for travel, the only 2 people I know who have flown in the last month are currently in isolation due to someone on the flight being riddled. I’d take the risk as I work from home but anyone who doesn’t or self employed I really feel sorry for.

Edited by Costock_Fox

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Didn’t realise you were Celtic?

This is still going to be carnage for travel, the only 2 people I know who have flown in the last month are currently in isolation due to someone on the flight being riddled. I’d take the risk as I work from home but anyone who doesn’t or self employed I really feel sorry for.

it was sarcasm !

CL qualifying draw took place today. All losing sides will drop in to the EL Group Stage so a) may affect our seeding and b) will affect who we play. 

Champions Path:

RB Salzburg vs Brondby

CFR Cluj/Young Boys vs Ferencvaros/Slavia Prague

Malmo/Rangers vs Olympiacos/Ludogorets

Crvena Zvezda/Sheriff Tiraspol vs GNK Dinamo/Legia Warsaw

League Path:

AS Monaco/Sparta Prague vs Genk/Shakhtar

Spartak Moscow/Benfica vs PSV/Midtjylland 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

CL qualifying draw took place today. All losing sides will drop in to the EL Group Stage so a) may affect our seeding and b) will affect who we play. 

Champions Path:

RB Salzburg vs Brondby

CFR Cluj/Young Boys vs Ferencvaros/Slavia Prague

Malmo/Rangers vs Olympiacos/Ludogorets

Crvena Zvezda/Sheriff Tiraspol vs GNK Dinamo/Legia Warsaw

League Path:

AS Monaco/Sparta Prague vs Genk/Shakhtar

Spartak Moscow/Benfica vs PSV/Midtjylland 

We need revenge 😡😡

Draw changes:

Pot 1+2 stay the same.

Pot 3 loses AZ.

Out: AZ, Zorya

In: Sturm Graz, Royal Antwerp.

Losers of ties involving the red clubs fall into Europa group stage this round.

Is Celtic even the favorite against AZ in a Europa playoff round tie?

1266462184_ScreenShot2021-08-02at11_07_41AM.png.1e3f16ddf709c646c0be2c4975d2d9f8.png

Edited by NewEnglandFox