Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

This is based on betting odds from the to qualify market on Betfair Exchange.  All of these clubs already ahead (behind for champions league lose in's) in their tie except for 2 draws. Slavia are barley favored to get through at  Legia Warsaw. And the other level tie is Galatasaray and Randers.

669424236_ScreenShot2021-08-24at5_06_53PM.png.3e1469f8a635525c31cb8ec564bbf2e8.png

Edited by NewEnglandFox

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Based on the above, worst group (on paper) is probably Napoli, Marseille, Galatasaray.

I reckon our players (barring Vardy) would literally (yes I mean literally) shit themselves silly in those atmospheres.

Those teams would really open some eyes to our lot about supporter culture. Each in their own way extremely hardcore.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

This is based on betting odds from the to qualify market on Betfair Exchange.  All of these clubs already ahead (behind for champions league lose in's) in their tie except for 2 draws. Slavia are barley favored to get through at  Legia Warsaw. And the other level tie is Galatasaray and Randers.

669424236_ScreenShot2021-08-24at5_06_53PM.png.3e1469f8a635525c31cb8ec564bbf2e8.png

Pot 3 is arguably stronger than pot 1.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve just projected flights to potential destinations for the first couple of match days and if away fans are allowed, it’s going to be quite reliant on clubs and travel firms sorting charters 

Still there, you just can’t buy your season tickets seat if it has now been brought by someone else, but you can buy elsewhere in the stadium and pay the £70/£80 to get the package.

Edited by stu

6 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Just realised I missed the deadline for the 3 game package. 

Probably happier picking individual games anyway 

You can still buy the package but you might not still be able to get your ST seat if it's been purchased by some one else. 

43 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I know I’m a pessimistic old futcher, but I really can’t see why we’re first or second favourites to win this. Would be fvckin amazing if we did, though.

Indeed but we better hope that we don't have to play West Ham at any point in the competition.....

1 hour ago, LanguedocFox said:

I know I’m a pessimistic old futcher, but I really can’t see why we’re first or second favourites to win this. Would be fvckin amazing if we did, though.

12/1 is about the same odds for us winning either domestic cup. No one cares when 12/1 is only 5th or 6th favorite to win something. But for some reason people think it's more likely when that's the betting favorite. Or maybe it's disrespect of the competition in general. Frankly the favorite is going to be whatever behemoth drops out of the CL.

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

12/1 is about the same odds for us winning either domestic cup. No one cares when 12/1 is only 5th or 6th favorite to win something. But for some reason people think it's more likely when that's the betting favorite. Or maybe it's disrespect of the competition in general. Frankly the favorite is going to be whatever behemoth drops out of the CL.

That’s why the odds are so high for a favourite. Because the eventual ‘favourite’ isn’t in the market yet.

As a foreign follower I'd love some type of away trip to a place with a great atmosphere. Ours has been horrid since 14/15 unfortunately. Too many old folks and passive people. I genuinely believe a better crowd would have given us more points. 

30 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Based on those odds I may put some $ on West Ham.  Certainly can't see how we're twice as likely to win it as them.

I thought their squad was cwap even if their first team is good though? Surely that's what matters for this sort of thing? 😋

• Like 1