Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

21 hours ago, iancognito said:

Thing is if Praet can't get in the squad ahead of Tillymons, Maddison & Wilf, I don't see KDH doing it.

I know he wants to play but he'll be best doing a Barnes, taking a loan somewhere with a recall option and see how we're doing mid-season, rather than snatching 10 mins here & there

....KDH will be more suited to the midfield than Praet!!!

Could on occasions take up the Youri role and Praet was to a degree a niche player as you needed a player to play a certain role which Praet fitted perfectly. The majority of the time we did not chose to use that option although in a lot of cases it did require his inclusion.

Can't see a loan being an option, he will be part of a group of which coaching and strong rotation will be a feature.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Could on occasions take up the Youri role and Praet was to a degree a niche player as you needed a player to play a certain role which Praet fitted perfectly. The majority of the time we did not chose to use that option although in a lot of cases it did require his inclusion.

Can't see a loan being an option, he will be part of a group of which coaching and strong rotation will be a feature.

I understand where you are Coming from with Praet...

But every player in midfield  this past season, was asked to fit in, due to our varying injury problems, sometimes forcing formation or set up changes...

Praet (like any other player  ) might have more to offer ,in a more settled squad, and show more often another side to his potential....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

My thoughts on Praet were from his quotes the other week where he said last season he was more competing with Youri for that position and this season he's had to be up against Maddison. KDH will get opportunities but as with all the development players these days, you're not getting in the side at 17/18 and working your way up, it's 19, 20, 21 if you're lucky and he'll want to be establishing himself rather than being an understudy (more like Barnes than Thomas).It's one thing breaking through and keeping another full back out of the side, it's another to get in and stay in ahead of the star men & top earners.

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

My thoughts on Praet were from his quotes the other week where he said last season he was more competing with Youri for that position and this season he's had to be up against Maddison. KDH will get opportunities but as with all the development players these days, you're not getting in the side at 17/18 and working your way up, it's 19, 20, 21 if you're lucky and he'll want to be establishing himself rather than being an understudy (more like Barnes than Thomas).It's one thing breaking through and keeping another full back out of the side, it's another to get in and stay in ahead of the star men & top earners.

....I am not saying that he will be challenging for the place of Tielemans or Maddison!!!

He will fill those roles in Europe and cup games and perhaps some league matches if he does well enough. I cannot recall reading the quotes from Praet regarding how he perceived his position within the team, but as a backup to Tielemans in the previous season and then competing with Maddison, is not how I saw it, and he should have been played as a number #8 alongside Tielemans and that should have been his role in both seasons.

6 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

1. Whatever type of player he is, he's crap everywhere we've played him apart from the odd game here and there. 

2. 200 games in the Premiership means little if you weren't much use in the majority of them.

3. Initially the price from any available sources seemed to point to 30m. It was then on here that I read, like you say, 16m. However, when people were asked to provenance that 16m theory, no one appeared to be able to and the only source evidence seemed to point back to 30m again so who knows. Either is overpriced for me though as I couldn't even see anyone taking him off our hands for even 10m now!

In which case KDH or any other of our youngsters are well worth a try in that case. At 28, Perez isn't going to drastically improve, we must look to our future and refuse to carry such a passenger whether it suggests our manager's judgement on this transfer was poor or not. He's had prolonged chances.

Can’t argue with any of this except for the Perez value. 

Clubs will look at it and see that he’s been part of 2 5th placed finishes. First choice for large parts. If we were to sell him this summer either a newly promoted or lower end prem club would definitely take a punt on him. Even for 15-20m 

just look at some of the other deals that go on. A promoted club would be desperate for someone like him (even though he wouldn’t add that much) 

Edited by Lambert09

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t argue with any of this except for the Perez value. 

Clubs will look at it and see that he’s been part of 2 5th placed finishes. First choice for large parts. If we were to sell him this summer either a newly promoted or lower end prem club would definitely take a punt on him. Even for 15-20m 

just look at some of the other deals that go on. A promoted club would be desperate for someone like him (even though he wouldn’t add that much) 

You'd like to think recruitment teams looked a little more in depth at a player than the league position their team finishes in wouldn't you. No wonder teams get relegated! 😆

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

At 23:

Schmeichel was at Notts County

Vardy was at Stockbridge Park Steels

Mahrez was at second tier Le Havre

Kante was second tier Caen

All showed talent at that age but hadn't got a bigger move, with KDH we aren't talking about your regular 23yo still performing averagely in the academy but a 23yo who has a couple of loans and been the best player at the club both times. Listening to some Luton fans he's one of the best players they've had in years and looked a cut above in the Championship, some of them think he's even destined to play for England.

We'll see in the coming years if there is any merit in those statements but we have a 23yo who is a late bloomer much like the players above and it would be poor management if he wasn't given a chance here to see if he can up his level again as to date every time he's been given a new test he's passed with flying colours. If he wasn't our player but Luton's then I'd be happy to pay £10m for a young player who is tearing it up in the Championship like he has so far.

Totally agree....and the only reason he is seen as a late bloomer is because he was held back to play in our U23s for too long because Beaglehole didnt want to release him out on loan when there were offers on the table.

If he had been allowed out on loan when he was ready 2/3 years ago we wouldn't be seeing him as a late bloomer and his development would not have been stalled....and he might now be ready for our 1st team.

Thankfully i think the lessons of holding players back to play in our U23s for too long are now being learnt (ie Callum Wright at Cheltenham)

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

In total fairness Perez is nowhere near as bad as some on here make out. But he also isn’t at the level we need.

0/10 for this, I’m afraid. This comment shows absolutely no spite, bile, or cynicism. No cruel personal attacks, and a total lack of childish lolz or bantz.

What’s worse - you’ve completely forgotten to put forward an utterly biased, wildly exaggerated point of view which bears little relation to reality.

Worse still, you’ve made the cardinal error of treating an issue with calm reasonableness, putting both sides, and suggesting that the truth lies somewhere between two extremes.

You have utterly failed to demonstrate any understanding of how the internet works.

2 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

0/10 for this, I’m afraid. This comment shows absolutely no spite, bile, or cynicism. No cruel personal attacks, and a total lack of childish lolz or bantz.

What’s worse - you’ve completely forgotten to put forward an utterly biased, wildly exaggerated point of view which bears little relation to reality.

Worse still, you’ve made the cardinal error of treating an issue with calm reasonableness, putting both sides, and suggesting that the truth lies somewhere between two extremes.

You have utterly failed to demonstrate any understanding of how the internet works.

This bit made my G&T snort out my nose

6 hours ago, Bert Fill said:

Welcome to FT, you are an asset already. :thumbup:

59 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’m not sure if they include them in terms of crosses but he did take corners and freekicks for them

He was everywhere for Luton , left , right down the middle. Obviously their manager wasn't so dogmatic about rigid formations. He may have to adapt to Rodgers's more disciplined approach.

13 hours ago, Fizo said:

Didn't we get JJ from Luton ? That level isn't has bad as some are painting it.

they are at a higher level than they were when we bought JJ, they were League 1 when we signed him, though were getting promoted

Guest StevieLynex
On 28/05/2021 at 08:27, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness, they did then reinvest their money well on Joe Linton 😅

Is he the brother of this former City player

image.jpeg.b8c329604122897d7c5aee2efb53e7fc.jpeg

On 26/05/2021 at 01:48, HankMarvin said:

Scored 7 though, I guess it depends what we are hoping from KDH, fingers crossed his good form continues when he makes the step up and he will make a great addition to the squad.

Barnes was only there 4 months, and was raved about at the time.

As a future England player.

YouTube is awash with reviews and compilations of his time there.

Although I’m sure West Brom having recently been relegated from the top flight were used to a higher calibre of player, as opposed to a Luton team that just 7 years ago were in the Conference and a league 2 side in 17/18.

Not trying to raise expectations to a level that could be counterproductive, but bearing in mind that it is more difficult to perform to his full potential as a deep lying midfielder (as whether he can make that decisive pass also depends on the quality of the players and runs around him so naturally at Luton his qualities may be undermined compared to when he comes back to Leicester), as opposed to someone like Barnes who does much of the running into the final third himself, I do think KDH is a special player. Hope he makes it.

11 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we sign Soumaré and keep Praet I wouldn't mind loaning Dewsbury-Hall out to a team like Palace

it needs to be a team that tries to play Football, someone like Norwich would be a better fit

• Like 2