Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I'm sure they will but he's going to be under pressure from some of our fans if Youri goes. It's in his favour that he arrives in our first team squad without a big transfer fee mill stone around his neck. If the club were looking to buy the Championships best midfielder for £20m plus then we'd be bouncing in anticipation. Fortunately he's signed up and the club can afford to ease him in. I think he could be a big player for us given time. What a chance for a young City fan that most of us would die for. Good luck to the lad. 

Isnt that getting a little carried away?

and setting expectations a little high

He wasn’t the best midfielder in the Championship, and he wasn’t in the team of the season.

I hope he is eased in gradually and his confidence is built up

against the so called “lesser” teams initially 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still on the fence about him until I see him play but after watching him in training he was like a rocket. I knew he had pace after watching him last year and he's obviously been looking after himself over the summer.🤞he'll turn out to be a Chilwell.

• Like 2

I hope he can make the next step up this season because seems to have a lot of raw potential and a good work ethic.

His set piece delivery looked top class when I saw him play for Luton last season. That's an area of the team we definitely need to improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nice interview with him on the official site today:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2188421/dewsbury-hall-eager-to-shine-for-leicester

Seems very hungry and eager to make his mark, as can already be seen in the early training videos. Quite excited to see how he fares in pre-season after his form with Luton last year. Strong possibility of following Ben Chilwell and Harvey Barnes by converting a successful loan spell into a first team slot in the main team. Probably gets used more in cup and Europa games to begin with, but who knows, he might even push harder than that.

Hard not to feel good about that. The mentality is there. Whether he has the talent to make a contribution to a club that is probably in the Top 20 best clubs in the world right now and continues to rise is the question. Good luck to him and I'll be pulling for his success here.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nice interview with him on the official site today:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2188421/dewsbury-hall-eager-to-shine-for-leicester

Seems very hungry and eager to make his mark, as can already be seen in the early training videos. Quite excited to see how he fares in pre-season after his form with Luton last year. Strong possibility of following Ben Chilwell and Harvey Barnes by converting a successful loan spell into a first team slot in the main team. Probably gets used more in cup and Europa games to begin with, but who knows, he might even push harder than that.

Get the feeling KDH and Sowah returning are going provide a nice boost to the squad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Get the feeling KDH and Sowah returning are going provide a nice boost to the squad.

Can you class Sowah as returning? Been with Leuven 3 years was it? Don't think he's been around the club since he signed due to work permit issues? More like a new signing that one

• Like 2

It's unlikely we'll be out in the 3rd round of the League Cup again so we'll have a lot minutes this season. Given the amount of pitch time Mendy and Choudhury got last season KDH should get enough of a chance. With both him and Soumare in the squad we won't have to rely on Tielemans & Ndidi to the extent we did, which was a huge problem.

I reckon he's on for ~5 PL starts and ~15 in the cups plus however many sub appearances.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's unlikely we'll be out in the 3rd round of the League Cup again so we'll have a lot minutes this season. Given the amount of pitch time Mendy and Choudhury got last season KDH should get enough of a chance. With both him and Soumare in the squad we won't have to rely on Tielemans & Ndidi to the extent we did, which was a huge problem.

I reckon he's on for ~5 PL starts and ~15 in the cups plus however many sub appearances.

Could be a lot more if we get injuries between transfer windows. Danny Drinkwater wouldn't have been one of the Immortals if Matty James had stayed fit. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

So excited by some of these fringe players being given a proper chance this season. Could be a huge opportunity for someone like KDH

Shame that Tavares isn't grasping the same opportunities. It is all set up for him here. 

48 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Can you class Sowah as returning? Been with Leuven 3 years was it? Don't think he's been around the club since he signed due to work permit issues? More like a new signing that one

Yes if it makes you feel better ;), you are correct.

Either way it a nice boost to the squad

• Like 1

I was arguing with people last summer who were claiming we should have been selling him for 1-2 mil because he was too old and we were wasting everyones time. Cmon guys who wants to confess it was them?

Personally expecting a huge year from him 

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'm still on the fence about him until I see him play but after watching him in training he was like a rocket. I knew he had pace after watching him last year and he's obviously been looking after himself over the summer.🤞he'll turn out to be a Chilwell.

Funny because a bunch of people on here were saying that he was too slow based on his performance Vs Chelsea in the FA Cup for Luton lol.

I'm with you though, seemed decent in terms of pace.

44 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Funny because a bunch of people on here were saying that he was too slow based on his performance Vs Chelsea in the FA Cup for Luton lol.

I'm with you though, seemed decent in terms of pace.

We know best 👍