Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

2m lol I'm sure plenty of people on this forum are just WUMs.

It's obvious he's not coming back here to be a first team player, but I get the feeling we want to intergrate him into the squad, use him sparingly over the course of the season, the occasional few minutes in the EPL, some early round of the cup games against lower league teams, possibly some EL games as well, might depend on the opposition. More importantly though it gives the first team coaches a chance to work with him and improve his game. Maybe he'll come and stay here for 6 months before going out in loan for a month or two, guess we'll have to see.

Give it 18 months and he could be getting regular minutes over the course of the season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

2m lol I'm sure plenty of people on this forum are just WUMs.

It's obvious he's not coming back here to be a first team player, but I get the feeling we want to intergrate him into the squad, use him sparingly over the course of the season, the occasional few minutes in the EPL, some early round of the cup games against lower league teams, possibly some EL games as well, might depend on the opposition. More importantly though it gives the first team coaches a chance to work with him and improve his game. Maybe he'll come and stay here for 6 months before going out in loan for a month or two, guess we'll have to see.

Give it 18 months and he could be getting regular minutes over the course of the season

Or he takes the PL by storm...

• Like 1

Thing is if Praet can't get in the squad ahead of Tillymons, Maddison & Wilf, I don't see KDH doing it.

I know he wants to play but he'll be best doing a Barnes, taking a loan somewhere with a recall option and see how we're doing mid-season, rather than snatching 10 mins here & there

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Thing is if Praet can't get in the squad ahead of Tillymons, Maddison & Wilf, I don't see KDH doing it.

I know he wants to play but he'll be best doing a Barnes, taking a loan somewhere with a recall option and see how we're doing mid-season, rather than snatching 10 mins here & there

I think he will be playing. Most likely cup and Europa League. It's a good option to have. He's definitely a better option over Perez if Maddison isn't available.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He did that last season, it’s now his time to be in our squad and when we get our next big injury crisis he will get his chance,

Honestly, we may as well move Praet and Hamza on to bring in £30m, keep KDH and have Mendy around to sing DJ Otzi when we win the league.

Watched him once. I'd say he's a real thinker - he watched the flow of play all the time and positioned himself to be in the right place to defend or being a move.

He could be an excellent understudy for Tielemans - if that guy ever does wind down. Praet seems not to fit Rodgers plans atm but I don't think there's any similarity between the two. He'd supersede Choudhury and Mendy - if he adjusts well to the Prem standard. That's going to be the test. But he could be vital next season. We need a bigger squad yet that squad has to be of a better quality in depth.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Maybe! But if £2m on the table I’d take it. Need to subsidise players for the here and now! 

A lot of Luton fans on twitter think he'll eventually play for England.

Even if he absolutely bombed here next season we'd get more than that selling him next season to a Championship club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

A lot of Luton fans on twitter think he'll eventually play for England.

Even if he absolutely bombed here next season we'd get more than that selling him next season to a Championship club.

I just don’t think you go on loan to Luton Town going on 23 years old if your a talent at that level 

2 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

I just don’t think you go on loan to Luton Town going on 23 years old if your a talent at that level 

Jamie Vardy was playing in non-league at 25 years old.

edit: I realise he's an outlier, but I think the point still stands. Not everyone progresses at the same rate.

22 is still young, and we now know he's plenty good enough for the Championship. Let's see if he can make another step up before writing him off.

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 3

Kiernan will have to go through the process of being written off by some on here. Chilwell, Knight, Hamza, Thomas and even Barnes will definitely never be good enough according to some . We are all entitled to our opinions of course but I don't see why our young academy players are not given time and a bit of slack. About one in ten are up and ready at 18 but being written off at 22 is pretty silly.