Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Matty James only had 3 less assists in the same amount of games 

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Exactly. The fan reports of KDH are probably better than the ones for Barnes. So we could be sitting on a gem 

Besides, Drinkwater was our player of the season (and top three championship players of the season) in the 13/14 championship winning season playing in a team romped the league and registered fewer assists in that campaign than KDH did this season just gone. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Besides, Drinkwater was our player of the season (and top three championship players of the season) in the 13/14 championship winning season playing in a team romped the league and registered fewer assists in that campaign than KDH did this season just gone. 

Scored 7 though, I guess it depends what we are hoping from KDH, fingers crossed his good form continues when he makes the step up and he will make a great addition to the squad.

55 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Exactly. The fan reports of KDH are probably better than the ones for Barnes. So we could be sitting on a gem 

Barnes was only there 4 months, and was raved about at the time.

As a future England player.

YouTube is awash with reviews and compilations of his time there.

Although I’m sure West Brom having recently been relegated from the top flight were used to a higher calibre of player, as opposed to a Luton team that just 7 years ago were in the Conference and a league 2 side in 17/18.

• Like 1

My mates a hatters season ticket holder for 40 years now and he describes him as a player with total commitment whether tracking back, flying in tackles to driving forward balls and bossing midfield.

I was sceptical even before Luton re KDH and I still am a little. 

But If he keeps his head down and confidence up on the pitch then I'm giving him my thumbs up 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

My mates a hatters season ticket holder for 40 years now and he describes him as a player with total commitment whether tracking back, flying in tackles to driving forward balls and bossing midfield.

I was sceptical even before Luton re KDH and I still am a little. 

But If he keeps his head down and confidence up on the pitch then I'm giving him my thumbs up 👍

I only saw about four or five matches of his over the course of the season, but one thing that always stood out was his work rate - always on the move, whether that to be in a better position to retrieve the ball or to help out defensively. He also loves running with the ball, which is a fairly limited quality within our squad at the moment. Each time he's been given the challenge to raise his level he has exceeded expectations and I am quietly confident he's going to do the same for us next season. 

• Like 3

Generally central midfielders take longer to mature and develop.

He is still relatively young so preseason will be key but it’s a big step from championship to where our ambitions are although we will have plenty of other cup games he could get game time in but would not rule out another loan but to a bottom end Prem club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I don’t see the player everyone else sees for a champions league chasing club. Talented tidy player. But we’re looking to raise the quality in depth behind the starting 11 and I’m not sure he’s anything better than what we already have 

If his last name ended  with iè and he was born abroad would you change your mind?

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Well... I’m not sure James is ready for Prem level football either.

Barnes ripped up the Championship, and had better stats, goals and assists, with fewer minutes played, albeit playing in a different position, and it still took him a while to step up a level.

Fair point. But KDH plays a very different game and it’ll be interesting to see how he develops. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Scored 7 though, I guess it depends what we are hoping from KDH, fingers crossed his good form continues when he makes the step up and he will make a great addition to the squad.

Barnes was only there 4 months, and was raved about at the time.

As a future England player.

YouTube is awash with reviews and compilations of his time there.

Although I’m sure West Brom having recently been relegated from the top flight were used to a higher calibre of player, as opposed to a Luton team that just 7 years ago were in the Conference and a league 2 side in 17/18.

I'll reiterate the point that Drinkwater was playing in one of the most dominant championship sides ever and yes I am aware he scored a few belters that season. I'm not someone who reads too much into stats, but how does he fair when it comes to other attitributes that you might expect from a midfielder such as tackles and interceptions. 

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'll reiterate the point that Drinkwater was playing in one of the most dominant championship sides ever and yes I am aware he scored a few belters that season. I'm not someone who reads too much into stats, but how does he fair when it comes to other attitributes that you might expect from a midfielder such as tackles and interceptions. 

Reads the game very well in terms of tackling and interceptions...fantastic work rate...runs for 90 mins...happy to receive the ball in difficult tight areas and always looks to "turn out" when receiving the ball....very good short and medium range passing accuracy.

Not sure yet whether this will be good enough for what we need to challenge Top6 (only time and experience will tell) but definitely a very good all round player with a fantastic attitude and commitment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

I don’t see the player everyone else sees for a champions league chasing club. Talented tidy player. But we’re looking to raise the quality in depth behind the starting 11 and I’m not sure he’s anything better than what we already have 

A fair point. On the other hand, he has stepped up his level in his loans so far and has risen too it. He is still young, so there must be a fair possibility that he will continue to step up, especially in the rarified training company of our current squad and under the tutelage of Rodgers.  No guarantees, but surely worth just a little optimism.

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Maybe! But if £2m on the table I’d take it. Need to subsidise players for the here and now! 

2 mil for the best young box-to-box midfielder in the Championship? If you’re in a position to sell, I’ll get a loan out. I could do with 20 million profit.

2 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Maybe! But if £2m on the table I’d take it. Need to subsidise players for the here and now! 

I'd imagine we would have around half of the teams in the PL and all of the championship in a que to get him in at that price......

I wouldn't think about a carer as a director of football just yet, if I was you. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

Hopefully our back room staff have watched him on numerous occasions and had regular update reports. They will be in the best position to decide what is the best strategy for his development. I wouldn't be opposed to loan move next season to Norwich, Brighton or Brentford/Swansea as they all try to play a decent style of football. However, if he is ready to play a role in our first team squad, that would be a bonus.

He'll clearly benefit from Brendan's Coaching and working with Youri.

I think he's going to have a big future here but he will need time and patience to adjust to the pace etc.

Something that's not plentiful when you are challenging at the top of the league. But I'm sure Brendan will ease him in gently.

• Like 1

Dewsbury-Hall, given his decent year in the championship, must now be "oven ready" for the Premier next season; like Barnes and Justin have been. I think if we add him with a couple more from the championship, and two or three others we'll do OK.