Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Difference is big but more than enough players have made that jump. Give him a go, nothing to lose.

Here is a controversial statement , he is twice the player that Perez is right now. The player that Rodgers payed £30 million for.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Here is a controversial statement , he is twice the player that Perez is right now. The player that Rodgers payed £30 million for.

Statements like this are silly for a few reasons. 

1 - Two different types of player. 

2 - Perez has played over 200 games in the prem, KDH hasn’t played 50 in the EFL. 

3 - It was £16m initially, not  £30m. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

2 - Perez has played over 200 games in the prem, KDH hasn’t played 50 in the EFL. 

I did say it was controversial . Kiernan will be a bench player next season. He will get his minutes to show us what he can do and we can reassess him at the end of it.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I did say it was controversial . Kiernan will be a bench player next season. He will get his minutes to show us what he can do and we can reassess him at the end of it.

You’re well entitled to you’re opinion friend. He’ll be used for sure. 

Unless we get a tempting offer KDH should be in and around the squad for one season. See if he can breakthrough. We have to name 4 academy produced players in our 25 man European squad don't we? He will replace Choudhury. 

Then next summer we decide if we think he'll make it. 

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Unless we get a tempting offer KDH should be in and around the squad for one season. See if he can breakthrough. We have to name 4 academy produced players in our 25 man European squad don't we? He will replace Choudhury. 

Then next summer we decide if we think he'll make it. 

We either name the 4 players required or name a smaller squad, which is what we did for last season where we named a squad of 23 players

We will likely do the same again in the upcoming season with Barnes and KDH named, 23 players max, and Thomas will be on the B List

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I’m twice the fuching player Perez is. Cvnt should stick to trying to form the ESL and stay the fuch out of our team. (Bit too tangental, you decide).

1 hour ago, Bert said:

1. Whatever type of player he is, he's crap everywhere we've played him apart from the odd game here and there. 

2. 200 games in the Premiership means little if you weren't much use in the majority of them.

3. Initially the price from any available sources seemed to point to 30m. It was then on here that I read, like you say, 16m. However, when people were asked to provenance that 16m theory, no one appeared to be able to and the only source evidence seemed to point back to 30m again so who knows. Either is overpriced for me though as I couldn't even see anyone taking him off our hands for even 10m now!

In which case KDH or any other of our youngsters are well worth a try in that case. At 28, Perez isn't going to drastically improve, we must look to our future and refuse to carry such a passenger whether it suggests our manager's judgement on this transfer was poor or not. He's had prolonged chances.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 12:33, Foxxed said:

It took Barnes a season to be top quality after stepping up a league. We were at one point regularly watching Barnes panic and float it over the bar. And Barnes had nearly zero competition and all the playing time in the world. I’m obs excited for the lad but expectations need to be tempered.

....different people, different mentality!!!

KDH will take to the situation a lot better than Barnes. Barnes eventually came to terms with his station in the team and that he was good enough to be there, KDH attitude will be "how do you want me to play, let me have the ball".

If he impresses he actually has a very good chance at being an England regular. Our current DM/CM options are really lacking - albeit at a lower level there’s not many English central midfielders that are all action like he is. Bellingham might be the only one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

my grandma is twice the player Perez is and we buried her 20 years ago..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

1. Whatever type of player he is, he's crap everywhere we've played him apart from the odd game here and there. 

2. 200 games in the Premiership means little if you weren't much use in the majority of them.

3. Initially the price from any available sources seemed to point to 30m. It was then on here that I read, like you say, 16m. However, when people were asked to provenance that 16m theory, no one appeared to be able to and the only source evidence seemed to point back to 30m again so who knows. Either is overpriced for me though as I couldn't even see anyone taking him off our hands for even 10m now!

In which case KDH or any other of our youngsters are well worth a try in that case. At 28, Perez isn't going to drastically improve, we must look to our future and refuse to carry such a passenger whether it suggests our manager's judgement on this transfer was poor or not. He's had prolonged chances.

the supposed 30m fee was bandied about by the Newcastle board to save face amongst their fans for selling a popular player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1