Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We ran out of legs last season, we can't have players playing 50+ games a season.

Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Soumare, KDH and Mendy, 7 players to cover 3 positions is around about right.

I think Mendy even as 7th choice is not good enough, but KDH as 7th, maybe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think Mendy even as 7th choice is not good enough, but KDH as 7th, maybe

Mendy is the only one who can cover for Wilf, Soumare is a box to box midfielder

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

I hope we change that.  Mendy is not good enough to be a back up

I'm not sure we will this summer, in fact I hope we don't we desperately need at least 1 winger and a striker and they should be the priority

Watching Kante at his best for chelski in the ECL final made me think how far behind Mendy is. He's similar in size and stature but no where near as strong, fast or sharp in intercepting and attacking. Mendy and big Dan have served their purpose. we can't have bit part players on the pay roll for that odd game when everyone is injured. We need to push on and strengthen our 1st team and the substitutes ready to come on in an instant.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not sure we will this summer, in fact I hope we don't we desperately need at least 1 winger and a striker and they should be the priority

Well, the last game of the season clearly showed, Mendy was not good enough and we lost the midfield battle, for me it's a  priority.

• Like 1

Tielemans has played a silly number of games this season and is obviously going to the Euros. KDH has a good chance of starting a few early games - especially as he’ll be fresher than the Belgians and better integrated player than Soumare.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Trophy cabinet must be overflowing with the amount of awards he has got at Luton

The lad's going to need a bigger trophy cabinet, any one know where there's an unused one going spare.....

*Googles the number for Spurs :ph34r:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I just hope we give Kiernan Messiah-Hall time to adapt to the Premier League.

I'm sure they will but he's going to be under pressure from some of our fans if Youri goes. It's in his favour that he arrives in our first team squad without a big transfer fee mill stone around his neck. If the club were looking to buy the Championships best midfielder for £20m plus then we'd be bouncing in anticipation. Fortunately he's signed up and the club can afford to ease him in. I think he could be a big player for us given time. What a chance for a young City fan that most of us would die for. Good luck to the lad. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

The lad's going to need a bigger trophy cabinet, any one know where there's an unused one going spare.....

*Googles the number for Spurs :ph34r:

If they've only got The Audi Cup, then why would it be big enough for KDH? :P 

18 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’m so excited to see him play for us, Luton vs chelsea earlier in the season he was one of the best players on the pitch (second to Abraham who scored a hattrick)

Our next England player I reckon!

Youri replacement?

On 31/05/2021 at 16:58, Dr The Singh said:

Well, the last game of the season clearly showed, Mendy was not good enough and we lost the midfield battle, for me it's a  priority.

That's unfair to be held against mendy. He was thrown in there and according to reports wasn't even 100% fit. He's a good backup. Solid. Does his job well. When you change from ndidi who is nearing world class to mendy who's a good backup who's also injured there's a drop-off especially given that it was in the middle of the game too. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Youri replacement?

The fact we have him would certainly help ease the ginormous blow of loosing him. 

I genuinely think he is going to be top quality but obviously youri already is one of the top players in the world in his position. 

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Youri replacement?

No chance....

You do not replace a world class midfielder with an unproven player if you have the aspirations our owners do...

At best he will be eased into the squad to see if he has the capabilities to play at this level - time will tell but I think he will be unlikely to feature much at all in the prem and maybe get some cup games 

• Like 2