Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

How was that Belgium goal allowed?

I get there was a touch from the defender, but come on.

That's offside all day.

If the defender made a deliberate play for the ball then it will stand. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Dunno man you backed Russia or something? 

Haha no. I want Belgium to win, but the rule makes no sense.

The Defender is punished for trying to clear the threat, even though he held his line to play the attacker offside.

Just now, tom27111 said:

The Defender is punished for trying to clear the threat, even though he held his line to play the attacker offside.

Yeah I didn’t think about it that way actually, I guess the rules are just ****ed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nah that’s very narrow minded 

Ah ok I'm narrow minded for letting people do what they want rather than forcing them to do what I think is best for them against their wishes. Got ya.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

It is the rules though, although one that I believe is unfair. A similar thing happened with Mings agains Man City this season to the same result. Definitely something that needs addressing.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Ah ok I'm narrow minded for letting people do what they want rather than forcing them to do what I think is best for them against their wishes. Got ya.

Ok cool nice one glad you admitted it and we avoided an argument. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Facecloth said:

Have you never been distressed in a situation and made, or wanted to make, a decision which your peers have tried to dissuade you from, or that you came to regret subsequently?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Does it matter if that's what they wanted to do. Maybe they felt they needed it out their system.

I really respect you as a poster and agree with a lot of your views, but I don't think I will see eye to eye with you on this matter.

Just now, Super_horns said:

I know they will understandably say Denmark were affected by what happened but even before the awful events Finland were defending well and carried it on in this half .

No criticism of Finland. They have done exactly as expected and have done well to stay focused. This could well have ended in a draw if the events hadn't unfolded as they did, but Denmark will never have lost this otherwise.

• Like 1