Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

Just now, SystonFox said:

Yes I remember that one but it was slightly different wasn’t it because something intentional happened where the ball was played forwards inadvertently if I am not wrongness?

I seem to remember it as a ball over the top that Mings tried to clear but got it all wrong and it bounced off him and into the path of an offside Bernardo Silva. Not exactly the same but similar in the way that the attacker was offside all along (when the ball played and when coming off defender) but the defender trying to play the ball meant the goal was allowed 

I really really hate twitter and the absolute cesspit it is. This guy has 220k followers and he's putting forward this opinion.

Man almost dies....must remember to blame someone and cancel something.

Alex Goldberg (@AlexGoldberg_) Tweeted: The way BBC handled Eriksen collapsing is about the most inappropriate & unacceptable way possible.

Serious questions to be asked. https://twitter.com/AlexGoldberg_/status/1403763990136819715?s=20

I realise there's no use in getting angry but some people are the ****ing pits man.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

6 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Yes I remember that one but it was slightly different wasn’t it because something intentional happened where the ball was played forwards inadvertently if I am not wrongness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eKMDa2FdA

Having watched it again (1min 50) it's not as similar as I remember but it does kind of demonstrate another goal where the same rule was implemented even if it was in a slightly less controversial way. I think the crucial part is if the defender deliberately plays the ball ie not a unintentional deflection. I think in both cases they do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I really really hate twitter and the absolute cesspit it is. This guy has 220k followers and he's putting forward this opinion.

Alex Goldberg (@AlexGoldberg_) Tweeted: The way BBC handled Eriksen collapsing is about the most inappropriate & unacceptable way possible.

Serious questions to be asked. https://twitter.com/AlexGoldberg_/status/1403763990136819715?s=20

I realise there's no use in getting angry but somd people are the ****ing pits man.

Emotions run high in moments like this, let the dust settle a little bit is my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I realise there's no use in getting angry but somd people are the ****ing pits man.

I’ve also watched about 8 different clips from different nations… everyone is using the same footage so it’s probably not as simple as BBC just “pulling the plug”… I imagine all they could have done was go back to the studio, but again not easy if everyone was in chilled out “watching the game” mode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I seem to remember it as a ball over the top that Mings tried to clear but got it all wrong and it bounced off him and into the path of an offside Bernardo Silva. Not exactly the same but similar in the way that the attacker was offside all along (when the ball played and when coming off defender) but the defender trying to play the ball meant the goal was allowed 

Wasn't it the one where the Man City player (Bernardo or Gundogan) were in an offside position and Mings intercepted a speculative lofted pass not realising that there was a Man City player behind him. He then took a touch to bring the ball down thinking he had time to play it out from the back but inadvertently his touch meant that it was technically a new phase of play. The Man City player then ran in from behind Mings (who was pretty relaxed as he thought that no opponent was anywhere near) and stole the ball off him before teeing up a team mate who went on to score. 

44 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So Denmark had two choices, tonight or tomorrow at midday. They chose tonight. They had the option to delay, but didn't. As the manager says there were emotionally done, but it seems clear they wanted it out the way.

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand: "First of all, if it gets emotional, it's been a tough night. We are all reminded of what the most important thing in life is - to have valuable relationships, people we're close to, our family and our friends.

"We have a group of players that I cannot praise enough. I couldn't be prouder of those people who took such good care of each other. He is one of my very dear friends, the way the players talked in the dressing room to decide to not do anything before we knew Christian was conscious and OK.

"We had two options to play the game [today] or tomorrow at 12pm and everyone agreed to play today. You can't play a game with such feelings. We tried to win. It was incredible they managed to go out and try to play the second half.

“Honestly, there were players out there that were completely done. Emotionally done and emotionally exhausted.”

I guess that answers Colcityfan's worry. It's ridiculous they were given a choice between now and tomorrow noon. That gives their choice some context. **** UEFA.:angry:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Get well soon Eriksen ...:mellow: May God give everyone a friend like Kjaer. A big character..

Hjulmand admitting he took off Kjær as he asked to come off, being too affected from the events :cry:

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, shen said:

I guess that answers Colcityfan's worry. It's ridiculous they were given a choice between now and tomorrow noon. That gives their choice some context. **** UEFA.:angry:

Apparently there was no pressure from

UEFA. It’s a very difficult situation and probably not the time for a ‘**** UEFA’ narrative.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Apparently there was no pressure from

UEFA. It’s a very difficult situation.

Right, so you're telling me that giving the teams the choice of playing now or first thing next day? Hardly seems like a fair choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Hjulmand admitting he took off Kjær as he asked to come off, being too affected from the events :cry:

With how much responsibility he took on and the way he dealt with everything happening around him I'm surprised he was even physically able to lace his boots back up. 

I know it's been mentioned a hundred times already but I have so much damn respect for people like that, even during the human shield the players put up you could see what type of character he is. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, shen said:

Right, so you're telling me that giving the teams the choice of playing now or first thing next day? Hardly seems like a fair choice.

When else would they play, given they are in a tournament with fixed dates?

The only other alternative would be to abandon the match.

Yes, it is really sad what has happened, but they aren’t going to cancel a tournament.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shen said:

It’s been quite public that they spoke to Eriksen before making the decision, where he said play….. like I said, it’s been a very difficult night, but had the worst have happened I’m sure they wouldn’t have carried on.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

What would you propose? 

You postpone the match. You work behind the scenes to find a solution and wait until tomorrow to discuss the solutions. You don't give them a half-arsed option in the direct aftermath.

Hjulmand admitted the players in the changing room DID NOT WANT to play the match. When they were told the two only options, they chose to go out and get it 'done with' as they felt it would be even worse getting no sleep and going in to play the rest of the game tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

When else would they play, given they are in a tournament with fixed dates?

The only other alternative would be to abandon the match.

Yes, it is really sad what has happened, but they aren’t going to cancel a tournament.

It's not like major scheduled events haven't had delays happen or needed to be re-scheduled. I am sure a sensible solution would've been found where games could've been moved. But that would mean matches might be played simultaneously and that of course means UEFA/sponsors will lose out on revenue etc. 

You know where I'm going with this.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s been quite public that they spoke to Eriksen before making the decision, where he said play….. like I said, it’s been a very difficult night, but had the worst have happened I’m sure they wouldn’t have carried on.

While it's true they didn't make a decision until they got confirmation Eriksen would make it, Hjulmand admitted they were not in a state to play and that they would've chosen not to play - that's until they got the choice to finish now or tomorrow noon. Presumably the only other option was to forfeit the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

Wasn't it the one where the Man City player (Bernardo or Gundogan) were in an offside position and Mings intercepted a speculative lofted pass not realising that there was a Man City player behind him. He then took a touch to bring the ball down thinking he had time to play it out from the back but inadvertently his touch meant that it was technically a new phase of play. The Man City player then ran in from behind Mings (who was pretty relaxed as he thought that no opponent was anywhere near) and stole the ball off him before teeing up a team mate who went on to score. 

Then they changed the rule the day after ?

Professor Sanjay Sharma, who put the former Tottenham midfielder through an annual battery of tests between 2013 and 2020, said Eriksen had no known history of heart problems – but that no tests were ‘foolproof’.

He said the 29-year-old Denmark star appeared to have recovered ‘very quickly’ given reports that his heart had stopped for five minutes.

‘If they did aggressive CPR [cardiopulmonary resuscitation] on him and if they did have to use a defibrillator, then I would call this a primary cardiac arrest as a result of the heart going into a bad rhythm,’ Prof Sharma told The Mail on Sunday.

‘What I saw was that he ran towards the ball, completely lost his legs – clearly at that point something had gone terribly wrong – becomes floppy, hits the ground and starts fitting.’
He said the short fit was probably the result of the brain being starved of oxygen, adding: ‘The moment you hit the ground to the moment they get your heart started again is known as downtime. The longer your downtime, the worse your outlook.

For every minute that they don’t get you back, if you haven’t got good CPR, then the chance of you surviving goes down by about seven per cent.

‘Normally with somebody who’s had a downtime of five or six minutes, if they get them back, they’re in such a bad way that they have to be ventilated, with a tube going down their throat helping them to breathe.

‘But remember, Eriksen is a very young fit man. He is not like the elderly people who have a cardiac arrest outside Sainsbury’s. This is a guy with fantastic circulation.’

In the minutes before confirmation came that Eriksen had survived and was in a stable condition, Prof Sharma said he had been ‘praying’ he would pull through.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 2

You have this... dont like the coverage, it literally takes less than a second to fix the problem.

Switch Off Television With TV Remote Control Isolated On White B Stock  Image - Image of portable, broadcast: 59607559

Camera people etc have a responsibility to cover major events, Heysel, Bradford, Hillsborough etc etc. horrifying but essential.

You dont have to watch. You choose to

• Like 2