Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England V Scotland Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Really poor. Rice and Phillips non-existent, sloppy play from Sterling, Foden and Mount, and Kane just clearly isn't fit, he looks like he's wading through treacle.

Pickford, Mings, Shaw have done alright, rest very underwhelming.

Yeah the Rice and Phillips pair have been dreadful, neither protecting the back 4 or breaking lines with their passing.

Need to set the tempo more with our pressing, but hard when Kane and Sterling are jogging around. Feel sorry for Foden doing the work of 3 players.

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

No idea what Rice offers. 

A central defender to protect the two other central defenders

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Let’s hope he gets another 3 penalties this tournament!

Lol, I think he's like this in a lot of games. Looks out of it totally and then comes up when it matters. He was a little like that in the last game this season and then scores a wonder goal out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Yeah the Rice and Phillips pair have been dreadful, neither protecting the back 4 or breaking lines with their passing.

Need to set the tempo more with our pressing, but hard when Kane and Sterling are jogging around. Feel sorry for Foden doing the work of 3 players.

Bur Southgate only picks teams based on current form :facepalm:.

He has his favourites, and he always goes with them.  Neither have been in good form.

Just now, trabuch said:

Sick of our best players not getting picked cos their faces don't fit.

I have given southgate the benefit of the doubt for the last couple of years… but now I have serious doubts, tactically inept, and doesn’t have a clue of the players he has at is disposal 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

I don’t really get the love-in for him. Admittedly I haven’t seen him play often, but when I have, he has been average.

That's why I think no big team has ever came in for him. He's a good holding midfielder, reads the game well and breaks down a fair few attacks. 

But there are lots of players who are better at doing that can across Europe - e.g. Ndidi

3 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Bur Southgate only picks teams based on current form :facepalm:.

He has his favourites, and he always goes with them.  Neither have been in good form.

Southgate was a defender and the football is reflective of a defenders attitude.