Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League One & Two 2021/22

Really enjoyed Burton v Sunderland last night. Parked right opposite the ground for £5, got straight out and back to Coalville in the time it would usually take me to get to my car at a city game. Less than 4500 there, I was expecting more after Burton started the season with two wins. 

Sunderland could have been out of sight after 20 minutes if they had taken their chances. 

Only two Sunderland players took the knee prior to kick off :unsure:

Jack wilshere thinking of retiring at 29 after struggling to find club. Tbh I thing the problem lies with his wage demands because hes played top flight football and England he thinks he should still earn premier league wages. Hes been offered a lifeline with Wigan be interesting to see if he takes it. I mean Wigan are decent sized club. If hes so keen to be a footballer then take this opportunity. 

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Things get no better for Ipswich. 5-2 home defeat to Bolton, 11 goals conceded in four home games with no wins.

Cook was supposed to be the man to sort it out.

Whenrver you see these clubs having a mare down there, the more my love for Pearson increase. Southampton, Wolves and Norwich also count their blessings. 

Imagine being one of those clubs:

Sheffield United 6 years 

Sunderland 4+ years 

Ipswich 3+ years 

Sheff Wed 3 different stints in 15 years

Coventry 7 years (and 1 in League Two) 

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 17:13, Corky said:

Things get no better for Ipswich. 5-2 home defeat to Bolton, 11 goals conceded in four home games with no wins.

Cook was supposed to be the man to sort it out.

They seem absolutely cursed as a club these days. Nothing they do goes to plan even a huge investment in the team. If Cook doesn't even make the playoffs that is an utterly huge failure and he will be gone.

On 14/09/2021 at 11:10, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They seem absolutely cursed as a club these days. Nothing they do goes to plan even a huge investment in the team. If Cook doesn't even make the playoffs that is an utterly huge failure and he will be gone.

Continually appointing managers called Paul is a problem.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Just had to look up the Oldham situation as Stelling just mentioned it. What a state, banning non-season ticket holders to reduce protests. 

Good summary here of it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2021/sep/17/oldham-more-protests-decline-owner-abdallah-lemsagam-league-two

The Price of Football podcast recently interviewed on of their supporters group, I hate to use this word as I think it’s been diluted, but some owners really are disgraceful.

On 04/09/2021 at 16:28, Voll Blau said:

Ongoing pitch invasion at Oldham. Centre circle sit down protest.

At least their fans are actually doing something. Newcastle speak of how much they hate Ashley but what do they do aside from sing "get out of our club"? Key word in that is "our club" and Oldham fans are certainly showing it.

I saw the other day that home tickets didn't go to general sale because they didn't want more people turning up.

Nice to see them win a derby yesterday.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2