Popular Post shiv Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 Can’t fault his work rate and pressing. Probably needs to work a bit on his positioning and first touch. I think people are forgetting he’s still only 23. Give him time. Remember not long ago our fans used to boo Kelechi… 8
Foxes96 Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 I’m surprised by some of the comments in here. Don’t think he had a bad game at all, you can’t score every game. Was a key component of a very effective front press all game, and his pace in behind created space in front of the palace defence for the likes of KDH and Madders. And even if the KDH goal will go down as a Maddison assist?! It was Daka that pounced on Guehi’s mistake, and layed it off for KDH. Still raw, but thought he played well in what was a good team performance. 4
Clarkielcfc Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 12 hours ago, fuchsntf said: Yup...But He was brought in only this season.. The doubting fans have been here decades & still Never never..... Never,never learn..!!! Not writing him off at all, i like him, there’s a player for sure, good finisher, just a lot to learn, hopefully Vardy can help him a lot more how to utilise that pace of his…!!!
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said: Just a kid really from a different country and different way of football, less pace, less physical. Also, didn't previously play as a lone striker so what a lot to take in in such a short time. I remember Didier Drogba's first season at Chelsea, he was woeful at times and some wanted to bin him. What a monster he turned out to be! A good pre-season under his belt with a full uninjured squad will work wonders. Think we'll see a different player next season when it all clicks because his finishing is ice cool. 10 hours ago, Tanya said: Secured an assist today. With Lookman, stretched the play, letting KDH and Madders have all the space they wanted. Was first to at least three of four loose balls. A little like Vardy he doesn't hold the ball up well, so if he's not receiving through balls he can look like a passenger. But he, along with Lookmam who also has pace, occupied their backline well. He's no Jamie Vardy yet but he's scored some decent goals already. The one against Villa, dribbling past three players and then coolly slotting home, was pure class. Maybe you all are right. He might not make it. But I don't understand how people don't see his potential, nor a lot of the hard and thankless work he does off the ball. Yeah these are really good points. (its good to get some balanced replies to a balanced post). You are both right about not expecting him to be the finished article without patience this is why we got him for what we did rather than monster money. Let's hope he can improve the weak parts of his game which are mostly trainable because he definitely has those abilities that you can't teach. 2
Popular Post HighPeakFox Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 It's disappointing to see the usual suspects working hard to find something to moan about. He's off form, he's young, who knows the reasons why. Honestly, do you people judge you own selves so unkindly? I'm sorry if you do. 9
Popular Post SpacedX Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said: He never moves!! 1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said: Lots of running around Foxes Talk gold. 1 8
Chelmofox Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said: It's disappointing to see the usual suspects working hard to find something to moan about. He's off form, he's young, who knows the reasons why. Honestly, do you people judge you own selves so unkindly? I'm sorry if you do. I actually thought he was a big part of Palace being so jittery at the back to be honest. They were clearly concerned about his pace, had arms all over him at every opportunity, and resorted to some pretty pathetic back / sideways passing, that in turn led to some of our other players picking up the spoils. They settled down at the back a bit more when Kelly came on. 4
Popular Post StanSP Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 One thing that was clearly noticeable was our high press. It wasn't just KDH, Maddison, Lookman doing it from deeper. Daka was part of it too harassing and pressing making their defenders uncomfortable. A successful high press only works when everyone with that task gets involved. If you enjoyed that energy, then some credit has to go to Daka for his contribution to it. 14
fuchsntf Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 8 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said: Not writing him off at all, i like him, there’s a player for sure, good finisher, just a lot to learn, hopefully Vardy can help him a lot more how to utilise that pace of his…!!! Well with Rodgers all 3 have been quoted, that they have been Working together, to get him to see his scope of movement around the Front-line in the PL, while not turning him into clone.. Don t forget, when Vardy plays, every midfield & Defender First thought is to see how to play that quick or direct ball to Vardy & Move forward with Vardy always in mind....This hasnt been so with Daka...!!! he s had little Clean immediate,direct line service..
Lesta2014 Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 Still adapting to the league, remember Rogers allows 12 months. I expect him and soumare to hit the ground running next season. Also with Daka it isn’t that he’s missing lots of chances, we saw how lethal he was in Moscow. Give him the chances he will score bucket loads. He will come good. 1
Popular Post Finnegan Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 Barely missed a chance, he just doesn't get given many, our service to him as largely been dreadful. Before he had that little injury break his return of goals and assists per starts was phenomenal in such a small space of time. We've become a little more conservative and tightened up over the last six or so weeks and both he and Nacho have suffered for it. They've had no real support and are being given a thankless task. Neither are really flourishing and it does look like Daka's confidence has dropped. I'm desperate for him to get a goal or two to get back but it's got to be a team effort. He's not going to go Messi and single handedly skin half a team. It's not like he's missing clear chances. He's one of the most accomplished finishers I can remember seeing here when he actually gets to get a shot off. His running, vision and selflessness literally created the second goal yesterday and I've seen him get almost zero recognition on here for that? 7
Guest Mickyblueeyes Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 There was a bit in the first half yesterday. Maddison played the ball through to Patson. He had two players charging in and he had his back to goal. He swivelled and with his first touch played it to Lookman who was in front of him. Patson was taken out and Lookman had a strike at goal - we won a free kick as the shot went over the bar. It was so simple but that awareness is so important. It ties in with so many good things about Patson's game. Yes he is raw and yes there are elements which require work but he has so many qualities we should be getting excited about. if Patson Daka was the finished article he signs for Liverpool this summer - not us. Back him - we are going to hate losing him one day.
An Sionnach Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 25 minutes ago, Finnegan said: Barely missed a chance, he just doesn't get given many, our service to him as largely been dreadful. Before he had that little injury break his return of goals and assists per starts was phenomenal in such a small space of time. We've become a little more conservative and tightened up over the last six or so weeks and both he and Nacho have suffered for it. They've had no real support and are being given a thankless task. Neither are really flourishing and it does look like Daka's confidence has dropped. I'm desperate for him to get a goal or two to get back but it's got to be a team effort. He's not going to go Messi and single handedly skin half a team. It's not like he's missing clear chances. He's one of the most accomplished finishers I can remember seeing here when he actually gets to get a shot off. His running, vision and selflessness literally created the second goal yesterday and I've seen him get almost zero recognition on here for that? We have tightened up , become more physical and aggressive. We have also conceded less goals and achieved better results. Daka has to develop his game to suit and he can do it. He won't be given as much space as he has been used to so positioning and movement off the ball are vital. He should watch Maddison and learn from him.
Fox92 Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 I said before about lack of strength and got slated but it's so obvious to see.
An Sionnach Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 3 minutes ago, Fox92 said: I said before about lack of strength and got slated but it's so obvious to see. He is not small Daka so it might be he is not aggressive enough. Vardy is if anything smaller but fearsomely aggressive and that more than compensates for his bony frame. Patson has got to leave the nice guy in the dressing room and put himself about. 1
Popular Post AKCJ Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 The only service he gets is when it gets lumped up to him with his back to goal. Absolutely no idea why we are continuing to use him in this way. I'm convinced he's got it. We just need to play him like we would play Vardy. 4 1
volpeazzurro Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 4 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said: Lets see if the club thinks he will make it. My guess is the club will get a new striker in just in case he doesn't make it. They certainly cannot afford to rely on him coming good for next season as yesterday proved he's nowhere near the standard for a prem striker. Lots of running around with no end product he looked like a little lost boy among men. Fingers crossed though he comes good and reaches his potential. Doubt the club have that sort of money to burn. Even if we got 30m for Tielemans, with a replacement plus a winger and possibly even another centre half more of a priority, how much do you think they'd throw at yet another forward, the most sought after and expensive players in the market usually. Have you anyone in mind and how much?
OrielCaziado Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 This talk about using him like we use Vardy implies all we do is knock balls over the top for Vardy to run on to. The days of us doing that for him have long since gone and Vardy is a complete striker who literally scores all types of goals. His reading of the game and his skill sets are on a different planet to Daka. Blaming our game plan and how we set up and then implying Daka would be fine if we changed the game plan is purely living in a dream world. Daka at this moment in time looks miles below the standard we require of our main striker. His touch in particular is poor at present. Hopefully it’s a confidence issue and he will come good but the more I see of him the more I keep thinking of how good Ahmed Mussa was when he first arrived and how that all changed. 3
Popular Post FoxyJim1987 Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said: It's disappointing to see the usual suspects working hard to find something to moan about. He's off form, he's young, who knows the reasons why. Honestly, do you people judge you own selves so unkindly? I'm sorry if you do. Mate it's a football forum what do you expect, he's diabolical. I went to the match and thought he was shite yet again, I've been a fan for many years I can see when a player is shite or not. Everyone else around me and everyone I've spoken to since and many on this forum feel the same. He offers nothing at all. 3 3
HighPeakFox Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said: Mate it's a football forum what do you expect, he's diabolical. I went to the match and thought he was shite yet again, I've been a fan for many years I can see when a player is shite or not. Everyone else around me and everyone I've spoken to since and many on this forum feel the same. He offers nothing at all. Mate, I expect it, and it's so predictable. Of course people you talk to will agree with you, that's how we humans are. I'm afraid that being a fan for many years doesn't really qualify you for much on here opinion-wise, I think most of us can claim that. 2
FoxyJim1987 Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said: Mate, I expect it, and it's so predictable. Of course people you talk to will agree with you, that's how we humans are. I'm afraid that being a fan for many years doesn't really qualify you for much on here opinion-wise, I think most of us can claim that. Are you saying that you think he's good? That he played well at the weekend? That he's ever played well? The people I speak to we all have different opinions of course, I don't about you but if all the people you speak to agree with you then your life must be quite boring mate. The thing is the people I always talk to about footy think he's shite cos he's shite.
Popular Post Pliskin Posted 11 April 2022 Popular Post Posted 11 April 2022 (edited) He’s a young lad who’s in the process of having to adapt his game. It’s tough for young players to adapt to the premier league straight away, take Drogba as an example, eventually he grew into one of the worlds best. I see alot of similarities to Vardy in his first season, he tries to roll the defender a lot, and that’s really hard to do in the PL because of the standard of defending. He’s the most promising young striker around, he will come good, and I think Rodgers plan to rebuild the squad will look to bring in players that are going to get balls into the right areas for him to be a threat. At the moment we’re a bit hap hazard, because our width as per usual isn’t great, and isn’t producing consistently enough, so we will never get the best out of Daka and Kelch. And at times our play can be incredibly slow, which doesn’t help a striker who’s game is about pace in behind. Im convinced that if we switched to a back three Daka would be more of a threat, because he would have Kelch to do the donkey work, and then he can hang on the shoulder of the last man without needing to drop deep. He will come good though, next season will be his season. Edited 11 April 2022 by Pliskin 8
moore_94 Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 Just now, FoxyJim1987 said: Are you saying that you think he's good? That he played well at the weekend? That he's ever played well? The people I speak to we all have different opinions of course, I don't about you but if all the people you speak to agree with you then your life must be quite boring mate. The thing is the people I always talk to about footy think he's shite cos he's shite. Do you not think he has ever played well? 2
MrsJohnMurphy Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said: Mate it's a football forum what do you expect, he's diabolical. I went to the match and thought he was shite yet again, I've been a fan for many years I can see when a player is shite or not. Everyone else around me and everyone I've spoken to since and many on this forum feel the same. He offers nothing at all. I think this quote might come back to bite you on the bum 1
Alex_LCFC Posted 11 April 2022 Posted 11 April 2022 8 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said: Mate it's a football forum what do you expect, he's diabolical. I went to the match and thought he was shite yet again, I've been a fan for many years I can see when a player is shite or not. Everyone else around me and everyone I've spoken to since and many on this forum feel the same. He offers nothing at all. Sure you said the same about vardy but was forced to eat your words so much development left in this lad, who could possibly say he is a shit player
Recommended Posts